Thread: Russian Info, Cyber and Disinformation (Catch all till 2017)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by kaur View Post
    What kind of culture modern day Russia is cultivating? Is this narrative ok to west? They have cultivated the victim story since 1991. They have will to get revanche. Should west help Russia to aquire (feeding state buget) enough capacities achieve revanhce?
    1. You may call it Paternalistic Consumerism. Ask Westerners if it's OK to them.
    2. Bravo Sierra. There is a story of "golden age lost due to the sins of fathers", victimness is marginal in our culture, left to a bunch of crack-pot conspiracy theorists and orthodox nuts. While Ukrainian political and culture establishment is raving about Ukraine - an eternal victim of bloodthirsty neighbours.
    Haeresis est maxima opera maleficarum non credere.

Council Member

Mirhond

"golden age lost due to the sins of fathers"
    What was the period of that age?

Who were those fathers?

What sins they did?

To whom they lost it?

Mirhond

What was the period of that age?

Who were those fathers?

What sins they did?

To whom they lost it?
    This theme varies greatly, you don't want to read about all the variations, besides it's a complete offtopic.

Council Member

Mirhond, this is not off topic. Audience must understand what makes Putin tick, what makes Russians tick, how Putin's Politburo makes Russians tick etc. 300 journalists got awards from Putin due to their actions in Crimea campaign. About what they were preaching? Смерть фашистким оккупантам = death to fascist occupants? Minus word occupant. Where they borrowed it? Didn't Stalin bring it to the masses in the beginning of Great Patriotic War, when slogan "workers of the world, unite" exhausted itself? Under the workers slogan Soviet Russia tried to overthrow goverments in neighbouring countries. "Death to fascist occupants" is very deep in Russians' psychology and using this bottom drives them to war mode. Today is very popular in Russia ribbon of Saint George.

http://eng.globalaffairs.ru/number/T...radition-15573
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...want-outlawed/

So, mirhond, all those variations are buttons in the toolbox of Kremlin spin doctors.

Ps how many attempts have been made in Russia to write one history text book during last 8 years to enforce one official line? Why the attemps have failed? Why Russians are proud of Great Patriotic War that started in summer 1941, but try not to talk about period between summer 1939 till summer 1941?

2 links and questions in Russian about st George ribbon. Fascist have ribbon? No problem, historians are trying to built up story that makes this episode irrelevant. I'm waiting the moment when they present logical narrative. So far "Death to fascists!"

http://navalny.com/blog/2014/05/07/post_3573.html

http://irek-murtazin.livejournal.com/1194374.html
    Last edited by kaur; 05-11-2014 at 11:36 AM.

http://eng.globalaffairs.ru/number/T...radition-15573
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...want-outlawed/

So, mirhond, all those variations are buttons in the toolbox of Kremlin spin doctors.
    Ps how many attempts have been made in Russia to write one history text book during last 8 years to enforce one official line? Why the attemps have failed? Why Russians are proud of Great Patriotic War that started in summer 1941, but try not to talk about period between summer 1939 till summer 1941?
    2 links and questions in Russian about st George ribbon. Fascist have ribbon? No problem, historians are trying to built up story that makes this episode irrelevant. I'm waiting the moment when they present logical narrative. So far "Death to fascists!"

http://navalny.com/blog/2014/05/07/post_3573.html

http://irek-murtazin.livejournal.com/1194374.html
    1. Look, it's a free board, create a topic "Russian political psyche: history and modernity" - I'd gladly enlighten enyone who will listen about the subject.

2. first link you provided is complete BS - Navalniy has no even a smallest idea what he is talking about. Fun is that second link explains why so. (If you dont get it, I'd explain it in a suggested topic)

ps. Your choice of bloggers explains wery much of you

Council Member

mirhond, you are not moderator here, so don't give orders

There was zero arguments in your post.

Russian propaganda avows that the ribbon — known as the St. George ribbon in Russia — symbolizes the Soviet Union's "Great Victory" in World War II. Yet, the connection between President Vladimir Putin and "Putinism" to that victory remains unclear, especially because the St. George ribbon first gained use as a propaganda tool as recently as May 9, 2005. That was when the pro-Kremlin youth group Nashi had college students and school children hand out a huge amount of the ribbons to passers-by in honor of the 60th anniversary of the Soviet Union's victory in World War II. That initiative set off an unexpected wave of patriotism across the country: Russians everywhere tied the ribbons to their jackets, cars and apartment balconies, and this fervor continued for a full year after the anniversary had passed. Those ribbons made headlines for a second time following the rigged State Duma elections in 2011, which sparked a series of mass anti-Putin demonstrations in Moscow. For whatever reason, the protesters wore white ribbons as the symbol for their movement. This prompted Kremlin spin doctors to come up with the brilliant idea of using the St. George ribbons to oppose the white ribbon. They organized counter-demonstrations by bussing in thousands of state employees from all over and tying a St. George ribbon on the arm of each. Then Putin himself made an appearance wearing a St. George ribbon at one such rally on Red Square. The message was clear: bad, unpatriotic people wear white ribbons but good people wear St. George ribbons in memory of those killed in war.
    http://www.themoscowtimes.com/opinio...my/498194.html

You know who are "Nashi" and who gave orders them. You know why Nashi was organised. This way we drift back to Ukraine topic. 2004. Kremlin started their own fight against orange revolution threat in Russia, due to their failure to bring to power Yanukovich. Brigadir was Surkov, who is after short pause back in Kremlin and coordinates politics in CIS. He created also "Rodina" and Rogozin to control nationalists. Rogozin just arrived from Transnistria with collection of signatures to join Russia. Surkov's team managed internal policy, but didn't hesitate to take action in neighbours yards. Etc, etc, etc. You know this better than me and there is no reason to continue.
    This was "Nashi" ideology under directions of Putin's administration. This is the narrative that state sponsored talking heads are telling.

http://www.zaks.ru/pda/archive/view/54291/

Just tell us with couple words what was the "golden age lost by sins of fathers"! How many times should I say "Please!"

There was zero arguments in your post.

Just tell us with couple words what was the "golden age lost by sins of fathers"! How many times should I say "Please!"
    1. I don't understand what are you talking about: ribbon, Nashi, Russian collective unconsciousness, pseudo-patriotic BS in media? I'd explain anything you want to know, but not in this thread.
    2. Even Owtlaw spopped harassing me with offtopic question I'am not going to answer here, so you'd better stop too
    Last edited by mirhond; 05-12-2014 at 12:40 PM.

Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by mirhond View Post
    1. Look, it's a free board, create a topic "Russian political psyche: history and modernity" - I'd gladly enlighten enyone who will listen about the subject.

2. first link you provided is complete BS - Navalniy has no even a smallest idea what he is talking about. Fun is that second link explains why so. (If you dont get it, I'd explain it in a suggested topic)

ps. Your choice of bloggers explains wery much of you
    mirhond---and your great reluctance to admit openly that you work for the FSB explains a lot about yourself---by the way just how many "Russian fascists" have been sent to the Ukraine in order to "fight the Ukrainian fascists" who Putin complains about them "burning" Russians.

Although from the videos being shown on the Odessa fire---several fires were started in the upper floors where the "Ukrainian fascists" were no where to be seen. How do you explain that and do not state it is off topic.

Or do you for some strange reason want to state here on this board that there are no "fascists" to be found anywhere in the Russian Federation?

Or is that "off topic".

Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by mirhond View Post
    This theme varies greatly, you don't want to read about all the variations, besides it's a complete offtopic.
    mirhond---since you are working for the FSB take the common courtesy to answer direct questions placed to you but as you yourself know from my responses to you----You are the FSB and get paid for every response you submit to this board and you cannot answer anything anyway until you ask their permission.

If you have any questions from the FSB for us simply ask them at least we will take the time to get an answer back to you---a direct exchange with the FSB/GRU might just improve the relations between the US and Russia.

Nice to see you using US slang since--- when you started writing here you barely could write an coherent sentence in English---at least your handlers will be happy that your English has improved to the point that at least you could visit New York City and not be recognized as a funky Russian tourist from St. Petersburg having a hard time speaking the word "where' without a Russian accent.

Really mirhond--just how much do you get paid per blog entry?

Here is an interesting question you specifically failed to answer me when it as asked a number of times---is Putin a "good" or "bad" Hitler.

Also since when have all Russians residing in the Russian Federation started loving fascists?-- especially yourself since it was you who compared Putin to Hitler on this board.
    Last edited by OUTLAW 09; 05-13-2014 at 08:13 PM.