Thread: The Second Ammendment Lobby and Police Safety

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by carl View Post
    I think you are making a little too much of this photo. Nobody in the background is taking any notice of this guy, they all have cameras pointing at the ground. And the guy is in sort of a movie poster ready for action pose.

I think it most likely that it is a 'hey look at me shot' posed and shot for distribution rather than a depiction the normal in that time and place.
    More angles on the same a-hole. Pic1 Pic2It does seem he is the center of attention. You can even see the guy in the blue t-shirt pointing him out to others.

These people have been emboldened and now the situation is getting worse with Bundy developing a cult following complete with personal bodyguards. Maybe he'll grow his flock by marrying off his 50 grandchildren to the militia members. Link

"There are people out here who will sacrifice their lives and their fortunes and their sacred honor to defend them," said Jerry DeLemus, a camouflaged former U.S. Marine sergeant from New Hampshire who called himself the leader of a Bundy security force of some 40 people.
    Bundy, the 67-year-old patriarch of a Mormon family with more than 50 grandchildren, seems to enjoy the attention. He met the media this week flanked by personal guards headed by a man who called himself Buddha Cavalier.
    Bundy took to the stage fashioned from a flatbed trailer to tell reporters he wants sheriffs around the country to seize weapons from federal bureaucrats.

Two other links.

First, the executive order that the Bundy's are violating: http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/?pid=36873

Section 1. Determination of Fees. The Secretaries of Agriculture and the Interior are directed to exercise their authority, to the extent permitted by law under the various statutes they administer, to establish fees for domestic livestock grazing on the public rangelands which annually equals the $1.23 base established by the 1966 Western Livestock Grazing Survey multiplied by the result of the Forage Value Index (computed annually from data supplied by the Statistical Reporting Service) added to the Combined Index (Beef Cattle Price Index minus the Prices Paid Index) and divided by 100; provided, that the annual increase or decrease in such fee for any given year shall be limited to not more than plus or minus 25 percent of the previous year's fee, and provided further, that the fee shall not be less than $1.35 per animal unit month.
    The second is a National Review Article. http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...-perry-pendley

The interesting thing is that, the National Review article has a picture of Bundy next to President Reagan and a little of Reagan's history when he was a governor supporting ranchers. However, it is President Reagan's executive order that Bundy is violating.
    "I can change almost anything ... but I can't change human nature."

Jon Osterman/Dr. Manhattan
    ---

Not quite the same thing, but more on the "revoution" ...

“We are calling for [their] removal … as a start toward constitutional restoration,” said retired Army Col. Harry Riley, the leader of the group, Raw Story reported. “They have all abandoned the U.S. Constitution, are unworthy to be retained in a position that calls for servant status.”

The aim of the group, too, is to influence those politicos who aren’t targeted for ouster to “sponsor and pass very constitutionally crafted state legislation to dissolve the size, powers, scope and spending of the U.S. government by two-thirds,” the media outlet reported.

The group expects between 10 million and 30 million similarly thinking Americans to meet them in the capital on Friday for a rally that’s being billed as a sort of “Arab Spring” for Americans.

Meanwhile, the group is holding another event on the same day in Bunerkville, Nev., near cattle rancher Cliven Bundy’s property and in support of his stand-off with the Bureau of Land Management over grazing fees.

The Friday event was promoted by Tea Party Nation.

Col. Riley said he hopes the event will go forward peaceably, but that so far, peaceful protests haven’t brought citizens much luck. He also said that more than 1 million militia members have already mobilized for the event — and that projections of 10 million to attend aren’t pie in the sky.

“For more than five years, ‘we the people’ have been writing, calling, faxing Congress, the media, screaming in town halls, marching, rallying, demonstrating, petitioning, all to no avail,” he said, Raw Story reported. “Every branch of government looks at ‘we the people’ whom they have taken an oath to serve, as ‘pests,’ interfering with their political agenda, cramping their self-serving, greedy agendas. We have no faith in the ballot box any longer, as many believe this sacred secret box has been compromised.
    "I can change almost anything ... but I can't change human nature."

Jon Osterman/Dr. Manhattan
    ---

Latitude 17° 5' 11N, Longitude 120° 54' 24E, altitude 1499m. Right where I want to be.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCurmudgeon View Post
    Not quite the same thing, but more on the "revoution" ...
    Guess they actually got a few hundred, which says something about the difference between noise and substance.
    “The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary”

H.L. Mencken

Last edited by AdamG; 05-24-2014 at 01:56 AM. Reason: j
    A scrimmage in a Border Station
    A canter down some dark defile
    Two thousand pounds of education
    Drops to a ten-rupee jezail

http://i.imgur.com/IPT1uLH.jpg

Oops. Standby.
    A scrimmage in a Border Station
    A canter down some dark defile
    Two thousand pounds of education
    Drops to a ten-rupee jezail

http://i.imgur.com/IPT1uLH.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by AdamG View Post
    Was there ever a police admin type who didn't need more stuff, especially if somebody else was paying for it, even stuff they had no use for, like an M-16 or an MRAP? They'll get a lot of it and discover they can't pay to maintain it, like the MRAPs or they have no use at all for it, like an M-16 (by M-16, I assume they mean a select fire semi or full auto rifle). The same thing happened after Vietnam when cities accepted free UH-1s without having a clue what they were getting into. The helos just sat, like the C-12 a police dept I know of accepted and then discovered they had neither the money nor the knowledge to run it.

That's nonsense about needing M-16s. I can't think of any situation, and I mean any to include a Mumbai where an American cop needs a full auto rifle. That guy was blowing smoke. If he was so concerned he would have had his dept get AR-15s as many depts have had for many years.
    "We fight, get beat, rise, and fight again." Gen. Nathanael Greene