Quote Originally Posted by TheCurmudgeon View Post
Again, this argument has nothing to do with the the assault weapons, or guns in general. It has to do with people, what makes them think and act in certain ways. Think of this as a look at the Human Domain, except we are looking at our own Domain, the American public.
Well, focusing on the just the "human domain" as I pointed out I think there's a large percentage of people in this country (and possibly growing) who think that their government is getting out of control. As I also mentioned, this reality or perception whether it's true or not can and possibly will at some point lead to insurgency of some sort. One only has to peruse many of the "forums" on the internet or look at many of the bumper stickers on vehicles and one starts to realize that there is a sizable portion of people who feel this country is going down a path that is divergent from what our founding fathers put into their framing of this country.

Companies (i.e. firearm companies) have also learned to vote with their feet by leaving states and locales that are no longer favorable towards them. So I do agree with you (assuming this is your point) that there are many out there who feel threatened and are thus pooling into a growing percentage of people why are "afraid" of their government.