Thread: The Second Ammendment Lobby and Police Safety

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by TheCurmudgeon View Post

Slap,

Jefferson was about as close to an atheist as you could get in the eighteenth century. He did not feel that religion had any business injecting itself in government.

I understand that but my point was and is that seperation of church and state is NOT in the Constitution as it is so often said to be. What is in the Constitution is protection against the establishment of a national religion ( the church of England) and the protection to freely practice your religion. This goes all the way back to Plymouth Rock, the original cause for the creation of America.

Next I cannot find an original source but the original key defintion of assault rifle was full automatic fire not semi-automatic.

Quote Originally Posted by slapout9 View Post
    I understand that but my point was and is that seperation of church and state is NOT in the Constitution as it is so often said to be. What is in the Constitution is protection against the establishment of a national religion ( the church of England) and the protection to freely practice your religion. This goes all the way back to Plymouth Rock, the original cause for the creation of America.
    Does it not imply separation though, for all practical purposes? Because if it doesn't, then what church would have the privilege not to be separate, to the potential detriment of all the others?

Next I cannot find an original source but the original key defintion of assault rifle was full automatic fire not semi-automatic.
    As I have always understood it, the following three points in conjunction:

• capable of automatic fire
    • high capacity mag
    • medium / intermediate calibre / cartridge

Given point three, I'm not sure why the Austrians called their FN FAL the Stg 58.
    Nothing that results in human progress is achieved with unanimous consent. (Christopher Columbus)

All great truth passes through three stages: first it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
    (Arthur Schopenhauer)

ONWARD

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwigrunt View Post
    Does it not imply separation though, for all practical purposes? Because if it doesn't, then what church would have the privilege not to be separate, to the potential detriment of all the others?

As I have always understood it, the following three points in conjunction:

• capable of automatic fire
    • high capacity mag
    • medium / intermediate calibre / cartridge

Given point three, I'm not sure why the Austrians called their FN FAL the Stg 58.
    Kiwi,
    #1-No I don't. I still believe the primary intent was to prevent the establishment of any affiliation with the Curch of England, which was considered oppressive and political at the time. Also the protestant reformation was taking place whi ch was key to the new economic system that the usa was going to establish. Christian economics or rather the loss of it is part of the problem we are facing today. And is part of the reason for the growth of such a massive and intrusive Federal Government.

#2-That is an excellant description of an assault weapon. The point abouf the calibre bullet is critical and aids in avoiding the confusion from the concept of the sub-machine gun.

#2-That is an excellant description of an assault weapon. The point abouf the calibre bullet is critical and aids in avoiding the confusion from the concept of the sub-machine gun.
    Assault RIFLE.
    Not weapon.
    No dessert for you tonight! And wash you keyboard with water and soap. And ten Hail Marys.
    Nothing that results in human progress is achieved with unanimous consent. (Christopher Columbus)

All great truth passes through three stages: first it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
    (Arthur Schopenhauer)

ONWARD