Thread: Russian political psyche: history and modernity

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by kaur View Post
    Ray, why you dragged my point from context? Mirhond was talking about Soviet golden age. What was golden there, when Eastern Europe was under Soviet military occupation? During that age was started also Afganistan war, that should be closer example about golden age for you.
    I think you need better explanation. Soviet era is considered golden age because life was predictable, social protection was available and just, everyone had jobs and decent income, the wery existence had a noble goal. Eastern Europe occupied? Fu(k it, until we have Polish rags, Romanian furniture and Czech appliances. Eight years of war in Somewherestan? Fu(k it too, besides our guys are kicking lots af asses there.
    During Perestroika and first post-Soviet years we had illusions about capitalistic Elven kingdoms and Empire of Good and Light, but they didn't survived rough reality. That's why collective unconscious full of frustration, unmeet needs and low expectations was so easily hijacked by "bigtime, magor league bull#### story" of Putin's Russia, which is going to reclaim the past. Now almost everything is measured by Soviet scale.
    So, your lamentations about occupation would fall into the deaf ears, the fact is irrelevant to the narrative of newfound paradise.

During that age Indian politics was manipulated by KGB as they liked, if I belive what Mitrokin wrote. Do you want this age back?
    Outlaw-stile posting without any links and arguments? Come on, provide at least what you've read.
    Last edited by mirhond; 06-18-2014 at 06:01 PM.
    Haeresis est maxima opera maleficarum non credere.