Thread: Russian Unconventional Strategy

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned

This is pot-kettle-black stuff... which I would consider an insult to the intelligence if I were an Arab.

However, he is correct in this respect:

“The failure of the West to impose a leadership after these operations is causing chaos and that is what we are seeing today across a number of different countries around the world,” Shoygu told the audience.

Latitude 17° 5' 11N, Longitude 120° 54' 24E, altitude 1499m. Right where I want to be.

Quote Originally Posted by JMA View Post
    This is pot-kettle-black stuff... which I would consider an insult to the intelligence if I were an Arab.

However, he is correct in this respect:

“The failure of the West to impose a leadership after these operations is causing chaos and that is what we are seeing today across a number of different countries around the world,” Shoygu told the audience.
    He's absolutely incorrect in that respect, on two grounds:

First, none of the cases cited are in any way American "operations".

Second, the idea that the US has the capacity or the responsibility to "impose a leadership" in any other country, or that any such effort would serve the interests of the US or the country in question, is really pretty absurd, an absurdity compounded by the certainty that any American attempt to "impose a leadership" in any of these countries would be greeted by the Russians with an absolute howl of protest.

The whole statement looks to be propaganda, and is unlikely to convince anyone who isn't already reflexively anti-American.
    “The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary”

H.L. Mencken