Thread: Iraq: Out of the desert into Mosul (closed)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by OUTLAW 09 View Post
    You missed the most important piece---sitting between the fronts of the various Sunni and Shia groups in the middle of Beirut in the 80s using a battleship for fire support to just quiet things down a bit so one could hear one think.

So yes I tend to understand the Sunni Shia clash---you really do need to read the Koran more often and a couple of recent USC books that have hit the market on the Sunni Shia Clash.

Highly recommend one reads the following two books and couple of others on the Muslim Botherhood;

The Shia Revival by Vali Nasr

Wahhabi Islam From Revival and Reform to Global Jihad by Natana J. Delong-bas
    AP---to continue your expansion education on the ME---go into Google and search for the Black September---then check what occurred in an around the palace of the King of Jordan.

some of us spent time in tha palace and it was not cakes and coffee being thrown at us for two weeks but AK47 rounds.

So AP some understand this region far more than is comfortable.

The education continued---Google and search first the Baader/Meinhof Gang and then the RAF---both were in my German university political science classes and debated with them and their group and then I watched them slowly drift into terrorism.

So again you bring up a good point---education is actually important---the question becomes is it targeted against the region that one is interested in or does it miss the mark to never be used again.
    Last edited by davidbfpo; 08-12-2014 at 09:50 PM. Reason: Edited slightly or completly by Moderator to enable thread to be reopened