Thread: Iraq: Out of the desert into Mosul (closed)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Haven't the policies regarding those issues changed over the years, directly as a result of problems arising from clearance/citizenship conflicts?

Quote Originally Posted by jcustis View Post
    Haven't the policies regarding those issues changed over the years, directly as a result of problems arising from clearance/citizenship conflicts?
    I have no idea how things have changed over the decades, but the IDF seems to have been accepting recruits with U.S. citizenship as recently as this past summer. http://www.latimes.com/nation/nation...721-story.html
    If you don’t read the newspaper, you are uninformed; if you do read the newspaper, you are misinformed. – Mark Twain (attributed)

That has been a long-standing practice among Jews who are not Sabras, but want to serve Israel's armed forces. Common enough that I've seen a number of news articles about it and a Nat Geo expose from the 1970s.

I've seen it go hand in hand with working on a kibbutz for some youth.

That has been a long-standing practice among Jews who are not Sabras, but want to serve Israel's armed forces. Common enough that I've seen a number of news articles about it and a Nat Geo expose from the 1970s.

I've seen it go hand in hand with working on a kibbutz for some youth.
    OK, that was my general impression, but I haven’t ever known anyone falling into the category, so I wasn’t entirely sure.

[An aside, at the danger of going to too far off into the weeds. I do know someone who worked on the only pig-farming kibbutz. I asked him if it is a Christian kibbutz, and he said, “No. Just very secular.” ]
    If you don’t read the newspaper, you are uninformed; if you do read the newspaper, you are misinformed. – Mark Twain (attributed)

Council Member

Joel--to hold higher than a Secret then in fact one must be a US citizen and the question of dual citizenship becomes interesting as the US says if one takes an oath of allegiance to another military power then no US service-or if service then none with a clearance is allowed--that has not changed.