Thread: Iraq: Out of the desert into Mosul (closed)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by CrowBat View Post
    I answered your question about supposed lack of manpower by the regime already two posts ago.

It's solved through renewed influx of IRGC-recruited units.

Propaganda by side, but the three IRGC- and two Hezbollah brigades spear-heading the offensive into Aleppo, the two NDF units in Dayr az-Zawr, and four IRGC units running the show in Eastern Ghouta are not staffed by 'Shi'a child soldiers'. Call them 'criminal gangs recruited in Iranian prisons', or whatever else if you like/prefer/must call them that way: that would be closer to truth.

Especially Eastern Ghouta is a complex battlefield in densely built-up urban areas, separated by orchards, walls etc. It's another 'bocage' there and one can monitor deployment of corresponding - and increasingly sophisticated - tactics developed by the IRGC for this purpose since 2013, supported by complex and specialized pieces of machinery; anything but supposed 'child soldiers'.

And BTW: I would say that 25-30 years after the Iran-Iraq War, it's about the time to realize that all the (Iraqi launched) stories about 'human-wave attacks', 'plastic keys to heaven' and similar were of the similar quality like this about 'child soldiers' now.
    Is Turkey helping Peshmerga with providing them with HJ-8 ATGM for their fight against the #IS? pic.twitter.com/LF0ZaOd8Hx

Not that I know.

And it would greatly surprise me to hear Turkey is now arming Peshmergas in any fashion - or even letting any other armament but that strictly controlled by Turkish military pass Turkish territory underway to Kurds in northern Iraq.

Council Member

NEW MAP: Situation in #Qalamoun Region | #RifDimashq Province, for December 19, 2014.
    #Syria

pic.twitter.com/DQ4Wag612t

Council Member

I have often pointed out Putin's past history as a KGB officer in the GDR as a key element of his "world vision" and it is now FSB and former KGB members who compose his inner circle after the "liberals" were forced out.

I also took hits here for bringing up the term "Russian fascism" a number of times and we are now seeing more articles "starting" to notice that in fact the term "fascism" can be currently applied to Putin's inner circle and his form of governance that is being created every day in Russia especially picking up stream since the Maidan which he views as the more serious threat to him and Russia.

Russia's turning point, when Putin implemented his innate KGB values. http://windowoneurasia2.blogspot.com...ing-point.html
    Bottom line...
    pic.twitter.com/ggJVn2YGE2

Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by OUTLAW 09 View Post
    I have often pointed out Putin's past history as a KGB officer in the GDR as a key element of his "world vision" and it is now FSB and former KGB members who compose his inner circle after the "liberals" were forced out.

I also took hits here for bringing up the term "Russian fascism" a number of times and we are now seeing more articles "starting" to notice that in fact the term "fascism" can be currently applied to Putin's inner circle and his form of governance that is being created every day in Russia especially picking up stream since the Maidan which he views as the more serious threat to him and Russia.

Russia's turning point, when Putin implemented his innate KGB values. http://windowoneurasia2.blogspot.com...ing-point.html
    Bottom line...
    pic.twitter.com/ggJVn2YGE2
    Once one understands his mindset then one can understand the Russian support for Assad and Iran.

Council Member

Looks like the KSA oil campaign is starting to affect Iran as it has Russia.

Exclusive: #Iran's support for #Syria tested by oil price drop http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSKBN0JX21420141219

#SaudiArabia is playing chicken with its oil -- to punish #Russia and #Iran. My piece for @ReutersOpinion: http://blogs.reuters.com/great-debat...-with-its-oil/
    Last edited by OUTLAW 09; 12-19-2014 at 09:15 PM.

Council Member

Interesting development---so is Iraq going to ask the US for funding to now support the Shia militias.

http://news.yahoo.com/iraqs-shiite-f...061752938.html