Thread: Iraq: Out of the desert into Mosul (closed)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dayuhan View Post
    Complicity sounds so... conspiratorial. I don't think the military is complicit in anything beyond trying to do what they were told to do. Sometimes badly, arguably, but anyone who hands an army a mission like "nation building" has to expect that things won't all go well.
    The US military goes a bundle on ethics and moral courage and the West Point Honor Code but seldom live up to the standard.

Shinseki's projection on the requirement for post invasion forces was probably more accurate but cost him his job.

So we will learn in due course who said what and who resigned and why. The pliant sycophants will also be exposed. It all comes out in the end.

I don't think Bush is "guilty" of anything beyond hubris, and if that's a crime there's a lot of criminals out there. Catastrophic results, of course, but that's often the case. I don't think Obama is guilty of anything beyond doing what he was elected to do... the eternal inconvenience of democracy.
    The body count in Iraq since 2003 stands at 193,000 and no American is to blame or no American President has responsibility?
    Last edited by davidbfpo; 08-12-2014 at 09:45 PM. Reason: Edited slightly or completly by Moderator to enable thread to be reopened