Thread: Iraq: Out of the desert into Mosul (closed)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by outlaw
    AP you really need to fully understand the region of Iraq and Syria and it's relationship to US/Russian politics--or have noticed that instead of assisting the US in seeking a solution in Syria Russia has resisted us at every turn--so again AP notice the linkage into the Ukraine?
    I pointed out weeks ago the linkages in the international system when I asked you repeatedly about the potential consequences for U.S. security if the U.S.-Russian conflict continued to escalate and Russia opted to pursue a strategy as a spoiler. You failed to provide any answers.
    Last edited by AmericanPride; 08-11-2014 at 05:20 PM.
    When I am weaker than you, I ask you for freedom because that is according to your principles; when I am stronger than you, I take away your freedom because that is according to my principles. - Louis Veuillot

Luftbruecke zu den Jeziden, Sinjar, Irak is a video uploaded by Michel Reimon, the Austrian EU parlamentarian and current delegate in Iraw. It has footage from the helicopter operations. He says at the end that no additional missions could be flown due to lack of fuel and that they even had to land away from the starting base. It took him seven hours to come back into his 'clean room', seeing thousends of refugees during the drive.
    ... "We need officers capable of following systematically the path of logical argument to its conclusion, with disciplined intellect, strong in character and nerve to execute what the intellect dictates"

General Ludwig Beck (1880-1944);
    Speech at the Kriegsakademie, 1935

Quote Originally Posted by outlaw
    I can call back up you long list of things the West needed to do that you recommended which read like a mirhond article which he gets into sometimes.
    Be my guest.

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw
    So there is no linkage as you seem to argue?
    You would be once again mistaken since I have made it clear in multiple posts that there are many linkages in the international system; a fact which you have with great effort avoided addressing when I have asked you repeatedly about the potential consequences of continued conflict escalation in the U.S.-Russian relationship.
    When I am weaker than you, I ask you for freedom because that is according to your principles; when I am stronger than you, I take away your freedom because that is according to my principles. - Louis Veuillot