Quote Originally Posted by AmericanPride View Post
Hence my comment that:

Actually - you do, mostly among the religious right (Evangelicials, dominonists, etc).

But neither Christianity or Islam explain conflict in international and regional systems, nor the consequences of failure in projects of state formation. Not one word written in either religious script would have provided any predictability for the fall-out of the destruction of Iraq.
See AP I am not interested in explaining how it fits into an international or regional system---I am interested in how both solve their own problems without outside influence.

There is an overworked concept called rule of law and good governance--it should be and must be up to the target population to work through and resolve their own issues--we can stand on the side and assist or offer advice but in the end it is that target population that must define what the rule of law and good governance looks and acts like for them and not for some international system.

It is not up to us or anyone else to determine that decision making process and yes it might be brutal and ugly but they own it and it is their own developmental path.

Now go back and look at the Maidan and the following attempt by Russia to control the outcome of the Colored Revolts---why out of fear they would be the next Colored Revolt.

AP it is that simple---you read far more into these things than is necessary---it is not rocket science and yet you attempt to make it a science--and that is your fatal flaw.