Thread: Targeting mosques: Help me understand

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Those are classified targeting procedures, and you won't find NSL or SPINS governing the process or results in the unclass realm (or at least shouldn't). The level of detail found in those joint pubs is about as far as it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by jcustis View Post
    Those are classified targeting procedures, and you won't find NSL or SPINS governing the process or results in the unclass realm (or at least shouldn't). The level of detail found in those joint pubs is about as far as it goes.
    Thanks, jcustis. Do you think there might be a way to learn more about procedure (i.e.: who is responsible for making decisions and in what order)?

Quote Originally Posted by Hassner View Post
    Thanks, jcustis. Do you think there might be a way to learn more about procedure (i.e.: who is responsible for making decisions and in what order)?
    There's not much more to tell, and I think we're done here. US forces do not deliberately target mosques. US forces will certainly engage hostile enemy forces firing from mosques and at friendly forces, so it is not as though they automatically get a free pass.

You might be better served by submitting a Freedom of Information Act request to the Department of Defense.