Thread: Rhodesian COIN (consolidated thread, inc original RLI)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

SWJED posted that in an earlier thread, and it is a really good reference. Although Covos Day is the publisher, the OPORD (in an annex) might not be copyrighted. I will investigate a bit.

And before I forget, one of the comprehensive Fireforce references is a book called The Chopper Boys: Helicopter Warfare in Africa by A.J. Venter. ALthough much of it is anecdotal, is as current as Somalia, and the Rhodie part is similar to previously published J.R.T. Wood material, it is a rich book that I consider a prize on my bookshelf. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/185...lance&n=283155
    Last edited by jcustis; 07-06-2006 at 10:52 PM.

Default Is this the same guy?

jcustis, If Charles Melsom is the same guy I think he is, he helped me on a close combat project I was working on for LE officers. Dealt with point shooting and other hand to hand combat. He is an expert in the USMC contibution in this area all the way back to China Marines and what they learned. At the time he was a major about to retire. Wrote a couple of very good books if he is the same guy. I wondered what happened to him. This is very strange if this is the same guy. I was ambushed by a stalker at my home some years ago and I survived based upon some of his research. my experience is know taught at some police officer survival courses. If this is the same guy I would really like to contact him about this. Can you help??

Default On second glance

I just looked at the documents, and the last name is actually Melson, and his bio is here: http://www.nps.gov/wapa/indepth/extC...21-00/sec5.htm

If he's the gentleman you're looking for, I can work the connections.