Tukhachevskii's response to the published 'Fatwa'
Ah yes, to the uninitiated this looks all peace and flowers and happy, happy, joy, joy. To those familiar with Islamic theology and law the key passages/sections (and the most telling) are nos. 3 and 7.

The key words are "covenants" (para.3) and "treaty" (para.7). Understanding what these terms and their usage means in Islam (and more importantly in terms of Prophetic sunna) results in a very different interpretation (along the lines of, "we're accomplishing our goals so don't rock the boat"; a difference of opinion of how Islamic revolution is to be undertaken; peacefully through subversion of host nation laws (lawfare) or violently; the goal is identical).

As for Quillam, excuse me while throw up... they are masters of "lawfare", "taqqiya" (which, as can be seen from the above quote seems to have been successful) and "legal revolution".
As I have posted repeatedly the lack of a known counter-Jihadist narrative or message and its widespread circulation is a critical weakness in virtually all 'Western' responses - whether counter-terrorst or counter-radical.

I have noted since Mosul a number of efforts to provide a narrative by Muslims, the posted 'fatwa' is an example. Some are more credible than others, although critics usually refer to the megaphone not the messsage (and I note Omarali50's link too).

In my experience, which is very limited and principally to a small part of a British city, there is already a narrative which supplements individual and group decisions not to support the violent Jihad. As a regular poster remarked long ago "There are a lot of people out there are angry, thankfully very few are motivated to do anything".

Muslims whether they are clerics or others who "stand up" publicly in my opinion reinforce individual and group decisions should be welcomed, maybe sometimes critically. One thing is certain an official narrative here in the UK has very little impact on Muslims and if it is aimed at other communities is ineffective.

Now to your last line:
Just had to post this (the level of discourse on SWC has really gone downhill).
The level of discourse depends on members participation and occassionally moderation.