I would be interested in know whether there is a code of conduct for moderators? If there is, it should be publically available. If not it would explain why there is no consistency and some cases some pretty unethical conduct by moderators.

It may not be apparent to you but an individuals background and experience is absolutely critical to his ability to comment on a subject. Your example of combat... no one who has not been involved in significant combat can possibly matters relating with any seriousness. Surely you understand this?

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Moore View Post
JMA

Out of respect for allowing discourse where commenters could and should criticize or support other's ideas the mods (myself included) have been reluctant to crackdown on individuals. However, over the past two or more months SWJ discussions have too often degenerated into little more than personal attacks with no substance.

As a mode I'm going to start deleting posts that are little more than personal attacks. Explanation will be that is a personal attack and it isn't authorized, regardless of who posts it.

I will also delete posts that challenges to others experiences, such as how many languages you speak, or have you lived overseas, or do you have combat experience. We had a wide range of members with combat experience, students, academics, citizens interested in national defense, etc. They are all welcome to post and share their ideas.

That doesn't mean thin skinned people will be like engaging in the SWJ council, because their ideas will certainly be challenged and often bluntly. That is a lot different than attacking the individual.

If personal attacks continue, we'll ban that individual for the greater good.