Thread: Sistani finally speaks out.

Default Sistani finally speaks out.

Default Nice, but it will have no impact

Culpepper, I read this lastnight and was somewhat heartend that Sistani spoke out against the muslim on muslim violence. But, in the end I fear his statement will have little impact. Unfortunately it seems that Sadr's star is the one on the rise. Because of his father's murder, he has inherited a powerful role in the Shiite world. Whether that is fortunate or unfortunate I don't think can be definitavely determined yet, but indications are unfortunate IMO.

I already knew this, but was mildly stunned to read it again, that the Sunni elite consider the Shia infidels and so, I don't hold much hope that Sistani and Shia himself can do much.

But I have my fingers crossed.
    Don't taze me bro!

Council Member

Default And Here I Was Hoping

he had ordered a hit on al sadr.

Quote Originally Posted by SSG Rock View Post
    Culpepper, I read this lastnight and was somewhat heartend that Sistani spoke out against the muslim on muslim violence. But, in the end I fear his statement will have little impact. Unfortunately it seems that Sadr's star is the one on the rise. Because of his father's murder, he has inherited a powerful role in the Shiite world. Whether that is fortunate or unfortunate I don't think can be definitavely determined yet, but indications are unfortunate IMO.

I already knew this, but was mildly stunned to read it again, that the Sunni elite consider the Shia infidels and so, I don't hold much hope that Sistani and Shia himself can do much.

But I have my fingers crossed.
    My fingers are crossed as well.