Thread: Counter - Unconventional Warfare

Default Counter - Unconventional Warfare

A 'White Paper' from US Army SOCOM on Counter Unconventional War, published last month, appeared today. It has no USG classification and is on several websites, albeit no USG ones, on a quick Google search:https://info.publicintelligence.net/...nalWarfare.pdf

It has been written post-Ukraine & Crimea, so appears to be an up to date assessment and suggested national strategy.

Link to the site's explanation about themselves:https://publicintelligence.net/about/
    davidbfpo

Ironically, not a site I can access from my USSOCOM computer...

Between the intel guys over-classifying everything; and the security Nazis over-securing everything, it is little wonder we struggle to gain the OODA-Loop advantage.
    Robert C. Jones
    Intellectus Supra Scientia
    (Understanding is more important than Knowledge)

"The modern COIN mindset is when one arrogantly goes to some foreign land and attempts to make those who live there a lesser version of one's self. The FID mindset is when one humbly goes to some foreign land and seeks first to understand, and then to help in some small way for those who live there to be the best version of their own self." Colonel Robert C. Jones, US Army Special Forces (Retired)

Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bob's World View Post
    Ironically, not a site I can access from my USSOCOM computer...

Between the intel guys over-classifying everything; and the security Nazis over-securing everything, it is little wonder we struggle to gain the OODA-Loop advantage.
    Only skimmed it, but it looks like the Ole stuff repackaged with some buzz words. It seems certain elements of SOF remain resistant to adapting to the 21st century. Gives credence to the argument that we need to consider disbanding SOF organizations every 20 or so years, then reform them into new formations, that are challenged to develop new doctrine for the current fight instead of insisting we have it right. I realize that isn't doable, but at least going through the exercise of thinking about it could be. We need people outside our community to participate so our biases are challenged.