Thread: The Never Ending Airpower Versus Groundpower Debate

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Van,

Good reply! I understood that your comments were for a different audience and thus possibly slightly out of context. I tossed my comments out more to amplify your remarks or add things that non-AF types might not understand.

Agree 100% with your remarks about the ACR and MEF/MEUs. Those are outstanding examples of how the system should work. One comment along those lines that I used with some cadets the other day was that all branches and services are actually supporting services in that they all support national goals and policy. I think sometimes they lose track of that in all the dogmatic saber rattling.

What got me going on the subject were some comments made by an AF JAG general some weeks back in Armed Forces Journal about how the AF could still win any situation, including a low-intensity conflict. It's all interesting stuff, and kind of disheartening when you look at the problems we face in the world today.

Oh, and welcome to the Council! We look forward to hearing more of your thoughts!
    Last edited by Steve Blair; 02-09-2007 at 03:03 PM. Reason: Added the welcome. Hit 'post' too bloody soon.