Thread: Bush & Co. Must Learn to Fight on the Information Battlefield

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maphu View Post
    Excellent points RE Jones. On the other hand I believe that if the true reasons for invading Iraq were known that there is no way congress would have allowed this illegal pre-emptive war to proceed. Clearly Saddam had nothing what-so-ever to do with 911. ... Well, Saddam might be a threat someday, just doesn't cut the mustard.

The real reasons are those advocated clearly by PNAC, to create a New American Century, a Pax Americana. The Bush Administration is doing all it can to stay with the PNAC playbook. Unfortunately, all of those rosy PNAC and pundit predicted scenarios have not been so easy to achieve and the costs in time, lives and money is far beyond what we were led to believe.

If the public knew the real reasons for the war in Iraq, Bush's approval ratings would fall to even lower levels. The pretexts for the war keep changing and the public is, at long last, beginning to see the war for what it really is.

This is most unfortunate for our military but for them there is no choice and they have to bear the brunt of such arrogant and ignorant foreign policy decisions.

seriously, how much is moveon.org paying you?

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf View Post
    Seriously - nothing.

I write to express only my own views based on my own experiences, including those in counter-insurgency warfare, and on what I have read and discovered on the ground in the aftermath of our wars in Viet Nam, Laos and Cambodia.
    Last edited by Maphu; 02-09-2007 at 07:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Maphu View Post
    Seriously - nothing.

I write to express only my own views based on my own experiences, including those in counter-insurgency warfare, and on what I have read and discovered on the ground in the aftermath of our wars in Viet Nam, Laos and Cambodia.
    Seriously, guys, this is a good example of political polarization (see this thread). I think that it is certainly possible to have divergent interpretations of what has happened without having to buy into one "side" or the other.

Marc
    Sic Bisquitus Disintegrat...
    Marc W.D. Tyrrell, Ph.D.
    Institute of Interdisciplinary Studies,
    Senior Research Fellow,
    The Canadian Centre for Intelligence and Security Studies, NPSIA
    Carleton University
    http://marctyrrell.com/