Quote Originally Posted by Cliff View Post
Warden is not saying that warfare is bloodless now. He is saying that the potential is there and we should keep trying to get there.
Warden is a visionary, I'm just a random internet clod. My humble suggestion would be that a deeper understanding of how different cultures interact in their own regional contexts rather then attempting to template a system over them might help reduce the confusion and/or chopping. If not, then a better way of persuading/restraining folks than unloading millions 'o' tons of bombs on subsistence farmers would certainly be desirable. I know that's not how it's done no more, just sayin'.

Why?
To be honest, who knows what the f**k is or isn't controversial anymore. Not too long ago, there seemed to be a controversy over who was actually a human being and who wasn't. Wait...folks still ain't sure? Well, there ya go. Maybe we're all just systems. Does that mean some systems are more equal than others?

Cambodia could be a very depressing place based on its' history, but isn't because the people there are so happy and friendly. You have to admire their resilience.
If by 'happy and friendly', you mean 'made a virtue out of region-wide trauma', then sure. I think I know what you're trying to say, er, that is, I think I know what I'm trying to say..

Cliff, I appreciate your taking the time to reply. I gotta say, flying around in the heavens sure seems to make for an enviably upbeat outlook, I say this sincerely. Thanks again.