Quote Originally Posted by pvebber View Post
Let me try one more time...

Rewind to before we decided that using airpower as a means to establish a no-fly zone was the proper course of action regardles of where it lead...

What SHOULD have been done to try to reconcile the competing desired end-states the various participants had (have)? Is it the US gets to pick becasue we have the most toys? Should Italy becasue Libya used to be Italy's? France because its "neutral"?
I don't know what should have been done, but I do know it needed to be done before the military option was decided on. The Political Objective (what kind of peace do you want) has to be decided by politicians not the miltary. And you need to do it before hand. My personal opinion is this is all about Oil and the US should get out of the entire region! and concentrate everything we can to achieve total Independence on foreign oil.

Quote Originally Posted by pvebber
What if there is no singular desired end-state but a range of possible outcomes that can all have a pro-adversary tint to them or a pro- good guys tint to them?
Again that is the political arrangement that has to be decide by the politicians before the military option is chosen.

Do you acknowledge a dichotomy in strategic method MIGHT exist?
No, I acknowledge a dichotomy in "Grand Strategic" method exist.

Quote Originally Posted by pvebber
You keep inserting things in the discussion that we are not disagreeing on in response to what we do disagree on.
Sorry, will try not to do that anymore.