Thread: GWOT Threat - Simple or Complex?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Former Member George L. Singleton's Avatar

Default The core fulcrum for war on terrorism is Pakistan & Afghanistan

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Odom View Post
    George,

We will have to agree to disagree. Your facts appear to me to be more opinion because they center on Pakistan and are applied to Muslims in general.

The world is largely grey and inherently complex in my opinion and experience.

Best

Tom
    Dear Tom:

I believe the world knows that bin Laden and al Qaida formed up in later stages in Peshawar, Paksitan, then moved over and into Afghanistan. From there they masterminded 9/11.

The reason I focus on Pakistan is that area remains the seat of organized Taliban and al Qaida terrorism, aided and abetted by the Wahabbi Sunni Islamics and their big bucks out of Saudi.

Of course there are other places and types of Muslims. Among places where I have been, some as late as 2006 are: Libya (Tripoli)Egypt; Turkey, (Istanbul,Trapazon, and Insurlick); Greece; lran (several cities and towns); Afghanistan (Kabul); Saudi Arabia (Daharan in particular);India; etc. Lebanon and Beruit were a great and peaceful place under the last King when I was there in 1965, you see some of my travels are very dated!

Here is a website you could read and get a better understanding of the tribal, introspective, "only view themselves of recent date to be Islamics, formerly were Buddists, etc." ....khyberwatch.com

Let me note this is a pro-independence 'Pakhtuniastan" site which geographic area lies across the Duran Line in both Afghanistan and Pakistan, and part of one of the ex-USSR "Stans". President Kharzi of Afghanistan is a Pakhtun and an ex-Taliban cabinet member, in fact. Yes, I have been in Kabul, as noted above, but under their last King, 1964, eons ago.

Then there are Pakhtuns and other tribes all seeking an independent nation of Balochistan, as I mentioned earlier today. These are Google verifiable facts, not mere opinions. Pakistan's Army has a hot fight every week inside Balochistan, which is where what little oil and gas exists for all of Pakistan.

Your coordial nature is appreciated. If you are current active duty, contractor, or otherwise involved in the war on terrorism and in Iraq, you may want to expand your readings on line to at least include khyberwatch.com. It is very germaine. Too, I recommend you read and write to the letters column of the Peshawar FRONTIER POST. Their non-publicized e-mail address is found on the Internet at:The Frontier Post.com
    Key word is "The" as many out of date old FP websites no longer work.

Cheers,
    George

PS - You might also Google any/most of the Israeli Internet sites using as a search line: George Singleton. They are picking up many of my Peshawar FRONTIER POST letters to ed and running them in Israeli media, particularly on various Israeli websites. A few Palestinian websites have picked up same FP letters but run them with a different "slant" to favor their point of view. Lying and distortion are a never ending struggle with Muslims boardly and specifically, when it comes to the broader war on terrorism, in my experience. GS.
    Last edited by George L. Singleton; 02-08-2007 at 05:16 PM.