Quote Originally Posted by davidbfpo View Post
Miit,

Welcome aboard. Personally I doubt that classified information would help that much, in part as external observers have very limited awareness of the situation, rely mainly on open sources anyway and until yesterday the agenda gave a low priority to Boko Haram over staying friendly with the Nigerian state.

I discovered this ex-Nigerian soldier's blogsite this week, not had time to reach a conclusion on its value:https://maxsiollun.wordpress.com/

If you scroll through the main Nigeria thread you will find a number of resources, including SME and of course some members - even if not posting often today. Such as Kingjaja and Stan R.

I recommend you follow Virginia Comolli from IISS (London-based).

Have a peek at the Ghana-based peacekeeping centre, whose name I cannot recall (named after Kofi Annan?), as I expect they are watching Nigeria's internal problems more closely now.

Look out for the NGOs that are in country or national / international aid agencies. At least one of them advised the UK High Commission that "trouble was brewing up north" long before BH gained momentum and their advice was rejected.
David,

Most of the issues I am/was running into regarding classification are on BH itself. It makes for great stories, but terrible academic writing. This issue has been somewhat resolved by adjusting the problmatique to focus less on the group and more on the conditions in Nigeria.

I stumbled on the KAIPTC site during the literary review, but have not yet sent any emails to the Centre or any of the authors. I had also not seen the blog or Mrs. Comolli's name come up so there are definitely holes in my searching and more work to be done. I'll also work my way back through the Nigeria thread and send out a few PM to see where they can point me.

Thanks again for your assistance, it's been an interesting experience to see what information and thoughts different people from different backgrounds and countries bring to the question.