Thread: Palestine and British COIN (catch all)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Council Member

Default "Arab Rebellion" official history?

Moderator's Note

I have merged two threads today on the Palestine COIN campaign, this thread was entitled The insurgency Jewish terrorists won and an older 2010 smaller RFI thread "Arab Rebellion" official history?

The thread is now called Palestine and British COIN (catch all), so it covers the pre-1939 Arab Rebellion and the post-war campaign (put simply).(Ends).

Hi all,
    I'm currently researching the Special Night Squads (SNS), a COIN unit formed by (then) captain Orde Charles Wingate during the "Arab Rebellion" in Palestine (1936-1939).
    I'm currently looking for British source material regarding the rebellion. While there are many primary sources dealing with the subject, I did not find, as yet, a British "official history" work describing it.
    Does anyone know whether such a history exists?
    Thanks,
    shlomz
    Last edited by davidbfpo; 02-19-2016 at 12:03 PM. Reason: Add Note
    "Nowadays people seem to imagine that impartiality means readiness to treat lies and truth the same, readiness to hold white as bad as black and black as good as white. I, on the contrary, believe that without integrity a man much better not approach a problem at all." Orde Charles Wingate, 1938