Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need your Input on BCKS

All,

God I love you guys. I've been sharing your input with the team and we see it as all positive. Why? Because if we don't know what's wrong with it we can't get BCKS back on the target for which it was intended. The target audience, to quote you, is "Guys preparing to go into the breach as well as those already in the breach, so that they can share share TTPs and lessons!" I leaned that the first day on the job and was told to remember it every day after.

Not one person I spoke with today disagreed with what you any of you had to say. Hell, they thought you guys were straight on. We loved it. No, BCKS is not intended to be a career advancement forum. It's supposed to be a place where soldiers can share knowledge to increase their chances of success and survivability. It's also supposed to be a place where soldiers can talk peer-to-peer and improve their leadership abilities.

We've got former soldiers on our little team, and their beefs with the way the thing has turned out as opposed to the way we envisioned it agree pretty much what most of you had to say. They haven't been retired long, and they've still got buddies in the field, so they feel they've got something at stake in taking the stink out of BCKS. They ain't happy either, and last Friday's meeting was "spirited" to say the least. Okay, it was loud and angry, but that's what we hoped for when we invited the troops.

And that's why I invited ya'lls comments. You didn't disappoint. I've only been on this project for two weeks, and the thing that has been mentioned the least, if at all, is profit. I even asked what the value of the contract was, and I was told not to worry about it because no one else was. The thing that has been hammered on the most is the well-being of the soldier. No BS, guys. We're not that big of a company and it's pretty intimate around here. What everyone seems to be saying is that for BCKS to achieve the goals of its original mission, we all had better bust our humps to make sure we're around to make sure it happens. In a nutshell, what you guys said it should be is what it was supposed to be and what we want it to be.

So thank you all very much and please keep the gripes coming. I promise you, we are listening and taking notes.

BCKS feels antiseptic. Like going to an office where I don't really want to be. I lament the fact that my CC.mil has gone to a BCKS format (Ryan - I told Tony and Nate the same), it loads slow now and to me feels like the other BCKS. What made it successful was the "by Company Commanders for Company Commanders" feel where we hashed stuff out in a preoffessional manner and people went out of their way toimprove the proffession with relevant, fast paced, timely discussion.
    I began participating in PlatoonLeader as a ROTC Cadet and continued as a 2LT. However, my activity on the site has plummented since they "made it better" by completely changing the interface. At this time, I do not see myself participating much in the CC.mil forum in the near future either.

Additionally, I do not use BCKS on a regular basis but I occasionally do pop on to follow links emailed to my AKO as part of the COIN discussion group.

Default Easy Rider

For SWJADMIN Peter with no Jane fonda

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-073rIldKs

Ed. Schweet! -- SWC

That is a cool intro. I will have to get one of those. Don't worry, I will run the VIN before purchase.