Some of my comments on the previous post were taken out of context my some of my friends who are currently on point for our nation doing great work as quiet professionals. In effort to put the comments in a more appropriate context I want to add (reinforce) the following:

1. As stated I think the U.S. Government (State and Military) is doing great work in the Republic of the Philippines (ROP). I did NOT take issue with any of the Stars and Stripes articles, they were well written and accurate.

2. I do NOT think any officer or NCO in the chain of command is seeking publicity, as a matter of fact I think they are shying away from it, unless there is a strategic reason to do otherwise.

3. My comments were directed (for purpose of debate) to some members of the SWJ council who seem to be calling for "more" media coverage of what we're doing in the ROP, because it is a good news story. I disagree (the debate issue) that we need more press coverage, for the reasons I stated. I think our current level of media coverage is helpful and sufficient, and that more could potentially backfire.

4. I think the last thing we want is a PAO standing in front of the camera spouting off about all the good work we're doing, thus the comment we don't want a bunch of our officers taking credit for saving the world on the news (this is what we don't want, it isn't happening now). It sends the wrong message, because we facilitate, the host nation executes, and the HN takes credit for what they did, and we eventually go home.

5. While I understand some member's desire to see more positive media coverage, I think we need to check our egos (collectively) and quietly continue to do good work.

6. For those on point I think you're doing the right things and having great effect, so keep up the great work.