Quote Originally Posted by OUTLAW 09 View Post
IF this is in fact correct THEN is an interesting turniong point regardless of whether the fighting is still occurring.

Russia attempted to get the Ukraine to pay for the electricity and natural gas they were shipping to the mercenaries and the Ukraine refused and argued that they are not bound by any legal contract to pay and for Russia if they wanted to they could take it to the Swedish Court--WHICH russia did not do.

This Russian tactic had been successful in their Georgian enclave so they assumed it would work again.

I have stated here a number of times that while Russia want a "frozen conflict" it was appearing more and more than in fact the Ukraine was "freezing Russia into a serious problem"--how to extract itself from the eastern Ukraine without a serious loss of even more money which has been estimated to be costing Russia 30 to 40M USDs per day to support the mercenaries.

In addition today there was a report from the Russian Finance Ministry indicating that out of the 500 banks in Russia 300 might have to be shut down due to bank failures and only 100 will remain---Russia is having some serious unannounced financial issues that some analysts stated would be occurring in the 3rd quater--this decision on the electricity can mean that this is in fact.

If one also looks at the apparent battlefiled failures by the newly from Russian regulars trained mercenary forces and that virtual no new territory has been captured since Feb. even the early battlefield successes have not been repeated.

http://news.yahoo.com/russia-cuts-of...155519945.html

Russia cuts off power supplies to Ukraine rebels: Kiev

AFP By Dmitry Zaks

1 hour ago
This is the first real indicator that the tipping point has been reached in the Russian non linear war against the Ukraine.

I had posted on the previous Ukraine war thread a recent military analysis on Putin's non linear warfare where the author indicated that the longest the Russians could maintain the military pressure was roughly one year.

Meaning they had one year to be successful or their adventure would be a failure.

The Russians openly entered eastern Ukraine with ten of their "lost" soldiers being captured in August 2014 so we are close to the first full year.

Then this today and it is the first indicator next to several military indicators that the Russian non linear warfare may in fact be failing.

I had previously indicated that there were four major single points of failure and now all four have been reached-----yes the fighting might go on for awhile but Putin's eastern Ukraine adventure is over--and I do think he knows it.

He has reached a point where if he wants to expand the Donbass region he will have to go the full invasion route--and he knows then the sanctions response will be massive and it will hurt.