Thread: The US & others working with Pakistan

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Council Member

You are absolutely right. I totally agree with you.

I was merely indicating the philosophy that drives India. The timidity and its rationale.

I was not on a discussion of religion per se. Too volatile for comfort. And anyway, I am handicapped on my knowledge of religion.

Interestingly, it may be news to many, but this timidity transcends religions in India. For instance the poems in Kashmiri of the famed Kashmiri Sufi saint Shah Gafoor :

Dah chhi avatar sah lagina tharun
    Meh zan prazlan naran chum
    Ram Ram karun gau nam sandarun
    Dharnai dharun…Soham su

(There are ten incarnations of God, One should never be nervous. Narayana dazzle like the Moon. Repetition of the name Rama leads to one’s salvation. Meditate upon the Eternal).

So, this indicates the Indian docile mindset that transcends religion.

I was quoting from a book based on history of the time of Rana Sangha and the Mughuls.

I don’t think there is any envy involved. It is more of a reflection that there is overwhelming docility of the Indian mind and it is hardly a practical way to approach life. It is fine for those who are totally steeped in Soham but not for realpolitik.

In modern times, once the spiritual is left beyond the temporal, peace and sanity can prevail and of that there is no doubt.

Then, there would not be the turmoil in the name of religion.

Then, there will be no terrorists either, be it 9/11, 7/11 or Mumbai.

The Indian mindset is so evident in our approach. 9/11 brought instant retribution, while repeated terrorism including the Mumbai carnage, only encourages India to extend her hand of friendship and peace while people die, knowing fully well that terrorist are being harboured across the border.

While what you state 'we live in a postmodern world where medieval ideologies are still useful for some purposes, but to look at them as if they in themselves will change the fate of nations is to miss what we have learned about human beings in the centuries since 1250 AD' is indeed a way forward, but observing India's neighbourhood, one is not too sure that your prescription is what is being observed.

I was asked the Indian to explain the Indian docility and that is what I did.

I had no intention to discuss religion because I understand very little of it since it is not a structured religion where one has to attend religious instructions as a matter of lifestyle.

In case it has upset you, I would reiterate that it was not my intention.
    Last edited by Ray; 05-19-2011 at 03:46 AM.