Thread: The US & others working with Pakistan

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Council Member

Default Sigh. The Pressler Canard. Et tu, Tequila?

Ray, they really believe that if they train military officers in the US, or sell them lots of expensive American weapons, or send lots of civilian aid, then they can change entire cultures and strategic outlooks. They being the Beltway foreign policy class, including the military.

And no one in that class of people--or the American military--will admit in this lifetime that they were psychologically misdirected.

But everyday people know, instinctively, what happened about a year ago. That telegraphed, more than any event in my adult lifetime, the basic fitness of that class. We got it. Most Americans got it.

Oops, another edit:

Sorry, I really didn't mean to direct that at you Tequila, or anyone else. I just don't understand why people keep repeating the same theories over and over, even when events bring the theories into question. I don't get it.
    Last edited by Madhu; 04-27-2012 at 02:14 PM. Reason: I was going to add a bunch of references but I don't think they would be of interest. Deleted them.