Page 22 of 157 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272122 ... LastLast

Thread: Syria in 2016 (January-March)

Council Member

Infographical depiction of the most recent territorial shifts in
    Deir al-Zoor.

Purple represents #ISIS annexation.
    pic.twitter.com/JpbtT8zXQ3

Council Member

Appears that this is the Obama Syrian strategy........allowing the IRGC, Hezbollah, 30 Iraqi Shia militias and a Shia mercenary army from 12 countries to remain in and fight against basically a 70% Sunni populated Arab nation.

Taken from the debate last night ---by Clinton......

Clinton doesn't think Iranian troops in Syria is a good idea. But they're already there and Obama admin says they won't interfere.

Council Member

Deraa: Syrian Rebels carry out a successful ambush on Assad forces, claims large number killed
    http://fb.me/6Vl6LGwNC

Pro Assad account acknowledges Assad regime general Samer Amin Ali killed

Northwest Deir Ezzor: ISIS capture Ayyash from Assad forces & its weapons warehouses & advancing rapidly

He's right. Despite us hating ISIS & what they stand for, everybody needs to get their facts straight --they did not kidnap 400 yesterday nor execute anyone.

SCD @SyriaCivilDef rescue operation aftermath #SAA shelling STS missiles on #Firdaous y'day JAN 17
    #Aleppo #Syria

Council Member

Civilians killed by highly precise Russian air strikes....

60 martyrs 6 children 5 women
    13Aleppo
    11DeirEzzor
    9Raqqa
    8Damascus
    7Daraa
    5Hama
    3Idlib
    2Latakia
    2Homs
    #Syria JAN17

Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by CrowBat View Post
    Thanks for your understanding and sorry for my fury: earlier today I run into that Assad fan-boy Ivan Sidorenko on one of 'kiddy military forums' in the USA.

As usually, he babbled about 'SAA and NDF' doing this and that, and everybody 'listened sillently': was no problem then nobody there knows what's up in Syria, so a character like him can behave around like a god of some sort.

I simply asked him why is he not calling a spade a spade, and clearly naming what kind of 'SAA and NDF' are fighting and where. I illustrated my question with few of photos he's posted on his own Twitter account, showing Hezbollah/Iraq, IRGC-QF, and similar Shi'a Jihadists.

Amazingly enough: there was no reply, but 10 minutes later I was banned me from a place I used to frequent for more than 10 years...

That's how such and similar characters are dealing with any kind of 'opposition'.

...and it happened on the same day editor of a certain (and quite-well-known) international daily told me, he can't publish my article about all the farces and illusions related to the SDF, because he'd already published one article of mine the last month, and has to keep his 'usual reporters' busy...

So, when I then hear - and that from somebody like you - that nonsense about 'regime change in Libya only brought extremists into control', my blood is boiling...

Anyway... Here some 'regime change' - and then first hand: first free elections were held the last weekend in Eastern Ghouta. The IF and similar 'militant' groups have lost (and heavily), civilian groups have won. Video report (in Arabic), here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEIK1wpOUfM

So, it's not the IF that won, not the JAN, not the Rahman Corps, not even the FSyA... but non-religious 'technocrats'. And that in one of most conservative corners of Syria, besieged since two years, half-starved, and where regime and Russians are instigating daily massacres - and that so much so, one would expect even kids, cats and dogs there to become extremist Islamists.

...but not a word about this is going to be published anwhere in our glorious media.

Would love to see somebody telling me that Syrians are all terrorists and Islam is incompatible with democracy...
    Sidorenko has his own YouTube channel highlighting pro-Assad feats. Interesting that SANA doesn't mind showing footage of dead "rebels" stripped and piled in ditches...

Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by davidbfpo View Post
    Outlaw09 is a critic, even harsh, of President Obama's NSC, so I was interested - as a non-American observer - to read this short critique of the NSC:http://breakingdefense.com/2016/01/n...ting-messages/
    David ...my somewhat critical and harsh comments of the Obama NSC and especially of Obama have to do with a number of things.

1. in the past a truly fully functioning and thorough NSC is there to develop a number of options for the national command authority to take on multiple global events if needed.

2. in the past a truly functioning NSC would have been composed by personnel who have had some deep expertise in whatever their individual fields are and would have had extensive experience in the area of military strategy, international relations and global affairs and their expertise would range from politics to economics.

3. in the past some members of the NSC would have been ex military with combat experience and on and on and on.

BUT what does this NSC bring to the table...ABSOLUTELY nothing of the sort...in fact we now have on record two former SecDef's basically complaining that this NSC is naïve, uninformed and basically do nothing but hold meetings and listen to each other talk.

BTW--then on top of their critique we had the senior most DoD Russian expert who has had a solid understanding of Putin's actions stand up and simply quit because her opinions were not even being heard inside the NSC and she is a fluent Russian linguist as opposed to virtually no one on the NSC.

In over the last 40 or so years I have not seen such an example by a senior DoD official who had the expertise she had.

In the past the NSC was usually what we would term a "strategic think tank/critical thinkers" for a president and they were used as a sounding board for strategies that they or the president developed.

BUT what do we have today...not a single viable strategy has come out of this president and the entire 700 person NSC much less the DoS.

Seriously challenge any SWJ reader to define exactly what there is for a FP if they believe there are any strategies.

Obama's biggest problem is that he received actually the Nobel Peace Prize for really what I am not sure as he had actually to that point done nothing remarkable that would have in reality earned him the award compared to say other previous winners.

Obama came into office with virtually no international relations experience...actually none to speak of as he was a junior Senator while in Congress and his only real overseas trip was his pushing for disarmament funds to continue the disarmament of the Ukraine after a visit there WHICH might as we have seen for over 18 months "colored his view of the Ukraine".

Obama's next failure came when he delivered a major for the ME-- political speech in Egypt that to me and many in the ME signaled the start of the "Arab spring".

BUT what was his response to the "Arab Spring"...virtual silence and the ME swam as to what the US was trying to signal....just check the wavering back and forth over Egypt......then his attempt to ram down the throats of the Israeli's a two state peace settlement.

THIS is just the ME...let's see his response to the Russian invasion of eastern Ukraine.

BOTH he and his NSC dallied for days over just what to call the fact that 8K Russian Army troops and their armor had rolled into the Ukraine....remember the use of the word "incursion" vs the really correct term "invasion".

THEN he dodged back and forth over "defensive weapon" deliveries ie the TOW when the UAF was facing over 500 tanks...remember the Obama and NSC argument..."we do not want to agitate Russia into further escalations"....heck Russia has escalated four distinct times AND the US has not shipped a single "defensive weapon"........then the Obama and NSC messaging that the TOW could possibly be used as a "offensive weapon" WHICH truly reflected their non knowledge of anti tank weapons.

Even Obama and the entire US IC knew that the UAf would never invade Russia as they were at first a rag tag armed group trying to survive the Russian invasion BUT lately they can match Russia tank for tank, artillery/GRADS on the same equal footing and from their fighting moral they are way over the standard Russian army.

THEN look at the Obama and NSC arguments concerning counter battery radar deliveries...the same exact argument which was used for the TOWs and yet the UAF was getting shelled massively via Russian GRADs BY the hundreds.

THEN in 2014 ...we have that famous Obama press statement ...."we will judge Putin on his actions not his words".....so again Putin slams the door in the face of the US in eastern Ukraine and now Syria AND yet do we see any Obama response.....nothing.....

ALL the while the drumbeat from DoS, NSC and Obama was ...eastern Ukraine cannot be won militarily...BUT WAIT, the Ukraine has massively reformed itself and built one of the strongest armies in central Europe and for that matter even inside NATO and have fought the Russian Army to a standstill and allowed no further terrain loses ALL the while being forced by Obama and Nuland to commit to unilateral appeasement moves without a single Russia returned favor AND now even Russia is pushing for a political settlement AND Obama and Nuland are refusing to push Putin to fulfill even a single point of the six major military points inside Minsk 2.

Notice Nuland spent last week spent a full day in conversations with her Russian counterpart who was actually the instigator of the Ukraine invasion ALL without the Ukraine being present AND there has been no apparent diplomatic "outbrief" about those conversations with the Ukraine as a common courtesy.

THEN as an not so subtle move Obama reigned in his own UNSC Ambassador Powers who aggressively pushed the Russians in the UNSC on Ukrainian issues and who actually has a strong opinion on genocide being committed inside Syria...for over six months she has said nothing publicly about the Ukraine or genocide inside Syrian......remarkable actually.

THEN onto Syria with virtually the same argument he used in Donbas being now twisted for Syria...it cannot be won militarily and I am not going to but US boots on the ground........and there is no one inside Syria capable for fighting IS....remember the still ongoing Obama, NSC and DoS debate as to who is and or is not a "moderate" ALL the while simply forgetting that the Syrian "Spring" started out peacefully and as Assad brutalized it and the West did nothing the Syrians themselves became more radical which is the natural progression of an opposed majority.

BUT in reality we do have "Syrian boots on the ground" willing and capable of fighting Is which in fact they are doing daily WITHOUT a single comment out of Obama, his NSC and the DoS at the same time applying pressure to the Sunni Front States to cut back on their support to the FSA and other anti Assad forces.

WHY is the next interesting question....he did not want to confront Iran and he is attempting to "save Putin's face and provide him an exit ramp" both out of the Ukraine as well as Syria.....BUT what he and his entire NSC have failed to see is that once you give Putin an inch he interpreters it as a major victory rams it back into Obama's face and just keeps on taking whatever opportunity he can---he does not see anything Obama offers as "face saving nor an exit ramp"....

This Wellington quote fits this current Obama, NSC and DoS like a glove....
    All the business of war, and indeed all the business of life,
    is to endeavor to find out what you don't know by what you do
    D. of Wellington

In some aspect and this is worth a Ph.D thesis.....has the US education system at the university levels to include the famous ones ie Harvard...are they just producing non risk takers, non critical thinkers and basically yes people.

Obama claims that he believes that the US can no longer be the worlds policeperson...and to a degree he is correct after the US drove two wars that should have never happened.....and he feels.....if you pay attention to a number of his interviews and the same message is being carried by Kerry.."it is up to the regional powers to resolve their disputes not for the US to get involved.'

THIS is a great IR theory but until Obama, his NSC and his DoS put into place an IR structure and concept that all the regional players fully understand meaning at what point will the US step back in when the regional players cannot resolve their disputes...only then can one retrench out of a region.

BUT this is my main accusation about the Obama FP....he is retrenching deeper and faster THAN did Wilson in 1920.

He and Nuland have shown an interesting ability to demand from regional players ie the Ukraine,anti Assad forces, KSA and Turkey that they conduct unilateral appeasement moves towards say Putin, Iran and or Assad WITH nothing in exchange.

My constant question has been ...why??? Basically Obama is a closet peacenik unwilling to use force when it is necessary BECAUSE he wants a legacy that counters that image.....one of no wars and the non use of force.

AND Putin plays this card to the hilt...AND he fully understands just how to use forces.

Obama and his NSC would have fit better into the US of the 1920s not the Us of 2016.
    Last edited by OUTLAW 09; 01-18-2016 at 11:44 AM.

Council Member

SyrCoalition EU Representative urges international community to end siege tactics, hold #Assad regime to account

Another #IRGC commander killed in #Syria #العراق #سوريا #إيران #السعودية
    http://www.ncr-iran.org/en/news/terr...entalism/19806

"Let me die but save my sister"
    A Syrian girl pulled alive from rubble after helicopter bombing on Ter Maaleh, Homs

pic.twitter.com/LjGqJAixaN

Nearly 94% of the 12,000 sorties the #Russia-n air force has so far flown in #Syria targeted civilians & #FSA,
    http://ow.ly/X9meo

Counteroffensive going well so far as rebels regained control of Tal Zaitoun, Tal Ablaq & Madrasat Atira in Jabal Turkman, #Latakia

Mount Bayt Ablaq capture confirmed by #FSA accounts.
    Unconfirmed reports rebels captured Mount Zahiya, Mount Bayet Ablaq and Mount Atera so far in Turkman Mount #Latakia countryside.

Originally a Russian troll working the Donbas now fully working the Syrian front as a proAssad account.....
    Seems @leithfadel continues to lie his @TheArabSource readers. This time about #DeirEzzor:

http://www.almasdarnews.com/article/...in-deir-ezzor/

SandStorm hit #DairEzzon east #Syria. Last time we've seen similar storm #Assad army lost an airbase in one night.
    IS-reinforcements arrived at #DeirEzzor city -try to storm Heart Hospital & western Jura neighborhood -no airstrikes bc sandstorm

Reports suggest a 2nd #ISIS assault on Deir ez Zour is taking place tonight, possibly advancing more than the first attack 36hrs ago. #
    Last edited by OUTLAW 09; 01-18-2016 at 12:38 PM.

Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by OUTLAW 09 View Post
    David ...my somewhat critical and harsh comments of the Obama NSC and especially of Obama have to do with a number of things.

1. in the past a truly fully functioning and thorough NSC is there to develop a number of options for the national command authority to take on multiple global events if needed.

2. in the past a truly functioning NSC would have been composed by personnel who have had some deep expertise in whatever their individual fields are and would have had extensive experience in the area of military strategy, international relations and global affairs and their expertise would range from politics to economics.

3. in the past some members of the NSC would have been ex military with combat experience and on and on and on.

BUT what does this NSC bring to the table...ABSOLUTELY nothing of the sort...in fact we now have on record two former SecDef's basically complaining that this NSC is nave, uninformed and basically do nothing but hold meetings and listen to each other talk.

BTW--then on top of their critique we had the senior most DoD Russian expert who has had a solid understanding of Putin's actions stand up and simply quit because her opinions were not even being heard inside the NSC and she is a fluent Russian linguist as opposed to virtually no one on the NSC.

In over the last 40 or so years I have not seen such an example by a senior DoD official who had the expertise she had.

In the past the NSC was usually what we would term a "strategic think tank/critical thinkers" for a president and they were used as a sounding board for strategies that they or the president developed.

BUT what do we have today...not a single viable strategy has come out of this president and the entire 700 person NSC much less the DoS.

Seriously challenge any SWJ reader to define exactly what there is for a FP if they believe there are any strategies.

Obama's biggest problem is that he received actually the Nobel Peace Prize for really what I am not sure as he had actually to that point done nothing remarkable that would have in reality earned him the award compared to say other previous winners.

Obama came into office with virtually no international relations experience...actually none to speak of as he was a junior Senator while in Congress and his only real overseas trip was his pushing for disarmament funds to continue the disarmament of the Ukraine after a visit there WHICH might as we have seen for over 18 months "colored his view of the Ukraine".

Obama's next failure came when he delivered a major for the ME-- political speech in Egypt that to me and many in the ME signaled the start of the "Arab spring".

BUT what was his response to the "Arab Spring"...virtual silence and the ME swam as to what the US was trying to signal....just check the wavering back and forth over Egypt......then his attempt to ram down the throats of the Israeli's a two state peace settlement.

THIS is just the ME...let's see his response to the Russian invasion of eastern Ukraine.

BOTH he and his NSC dallied for days over just what to call the fact that 8K Russian Army troops and their armor had rolled into the Ukraine....remember the use of the word "incursion" vs the really correct term "invasion".

THEN he dodged back and forth over "defensive weapon" deliveries ie the TOW when the UAF was facing over 500 tanks...remember the Obama and NSC argument..."we do not want to agitate Russia into further escalations"....heck Russia has escalated four distinct times AND the US has not shipped a single "defensive weapon"........then the Obama and NSC messaging that the TOW could possibly be used as a "offensive weapon" WHICH truly reflected their non knowledge of anti tank weapons.

Even Obama and the entire US IC knew that the UAf would never invade Russia as they were at first a rag tag armed group trying to survive the Russian invasion BUT lately they can match Russia tank for tank, artillery/GRADS on the same equal footing and from their fighting moral they are way over the standard Russian army.

THEN look at the Obama and NSC arguments concerning counter battery radar deliveries...the same exact argument which was used for the TOWs and yet the UAF was getting shelled massively via Russian GRADs BY the hundreds.

THEN in 2014 ...we have that famous Obama press statement ...."we will judge Putin on his actions not his words".....so again Putin slams the door in the face of the US in eastern Ukraine and now Syria AND yet do we see any Obama response.....nothing.....

ALL the while the drumbeat from DoS, NSC and Obama was ...eastern Ukraine cannot be won militarily...BUT WAIT, the Ukraine has massively reformed itself and built one of the strongest armies in central Europe and for that matter even inside NATO and have fought the Russian Army to a standstill and allowed no further terrain loses ALL the while being forced by Obama and Nuland to commit to unilateral appeasement moves without a single Russia returned favor AND now even Russia is pushing for a political settlement AND Obama and Nuland are refusing to push Putin to fulfill even a single point of the six major military points inside Minsk 2.

Notice Nuland spent last week spent a full day in conversations with her Russian counterpart who was actually the instigator of the Ukraine invasion ALL without the Ukraine being present AND there has been no apparent diplomatic "outbrief" about those conversations with the Ukraine as a common courtesy.

THEN as an not so subtle move Obama reigned in his own UNSC Ambassador Powers who aggressively pushed the Russians in the UNSC on Ukrainian issues and who actually has a strong opinion on genocide being committed inside Syria...for over six months she has said nothing publicly about the Ukraine or genocide inside Syrian......remarkable actually.

THEN onto Syria with virtually the same argument he used in Donbas being now twisted for Syria...it cannot be won militarily and I am not going to but US boots on the ground........and there is no one inside Syria capable for fighting IS....remember the still ongoing Obama, NSC and DoS debate as to who is and or is not a "moderate" ALL the while simply forgetting that the Syrian "Spring" started out peacefully and as Assad brutalized it and the West did nothing the Syrians themselves became more radical which is the natural progression of an opposed majority.

BUT in reality we do have "Syrian boots on the ground" willing and capable of fighting Is which in fact they are doing daily WITHOUT a single comment out of Obama, his NSC and the DoS at the same time applying pressure to the Sunni Front States to cut back on their support to the FSA and other anti Assad forces.

WHY is the next interesting question....he did not want to confront Iran and he is attempting to "save Putin's face and provide him an exit ramp" both out of the Ukraine as well as Syria.....BUT what he and his entire NSC have failed to see is that once you give Putin an inch he interpreters it as a major victory rams it back into Obama's face and just keeps on taking whatever opportunity he can---he does not see anything Obama offers as "face saving nor an exit ramp"....

This Wellington quote fits this current Obama, NSC and DoS like a glove....
    All the business of war, and indeed all the business of life,
    is to endeavor to find out what you don't know by what you do
    D. of Wellington

OR this from SWJ
    “Everything we say, everything we do, and everything we fail to say or do will have its impact in other lands."
    --Dwight D. Eisenhower

In some aspect and this is worth a Ph.D thesis.....has the US education system at the university levels to include the famous ones ie Harvard...are they just producing non risk takers, non critical thinkers and basically yes people.

Obama claims that he believes that the US can no longer be the worlds policeperson...and to a degree he is correct after the US drove two wars that should have never happened.....and he feels.....if you pay attention to a number of his interviews and the same message is being carried by Kerry.."it is up to the regional powers to resolve their disputes not for the US to get involved.'

THIS is a great IR theory but until Obama, his NSC and his DoS put into place an IR structure and concept that all the regional players fully understand meaning at what point will the US step back in when the regional players cannot resolve their disputes...only then can one retrench out of a region.

BUT this is my main accusation about the Obama FP....he is retrenching deeper and faster THAN did Wilson in 1920.

He and Nuland have shown an interesting ability to demand from regional players ie the Ukraine,anti Assad forces, KSA and Turkey that they conduct unilateral appeasement moves towards say Putin, Iran and or Assad WITH nothing in exchange.

My constant question has been ...why??? Basically Obama is a closet peacenik unwilling to use force when it is necessary BECAUSE he wants a legacy that counters that image.....one of no wars and the non use of force.

AND Putin plays this card to the hilt...AND he fully understands just how to use forces.

Obama and his NSC would have fit better into the US of the 1920s not the Us of 2016.
    Do I need to say anything more than this.....??

Two of the Iranians pardoned by Obama run the airline most favored for smuggling by the IRGC Quds Force http://www.bloombergview.com/article...iran-arm-assad
    Last edited by OUTLAW 09; 01-18-2016 at 12:41 PM.

Council Member

Clashes reported between SDF forces & #ISIS this AM near Abu Qalqal south of Manbij as Russian airstrikes pound Manbij itself. #Aleppo

Assad IRAM rocket lands in a local market in al-Fardos district in #Aleppo, at least 7 dead & 10s wounded, entire families under rubble

Footage
    Rebels give food 2 displaced families during the anti-#ISIS offensive N of #Aleppo
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82NfGIuQAfU

(Not really) #News
    #Assad's and #Putin's airstrikes against the Syrian population continue.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Hvt8WX1XvQ

UPDATE— Turkish military determines points Katyusha rockets were launched into school in Kilis, retaliates with fire
    http://sabahdai.ly/bXjoTP

4 injured by #ISIL Katyusha rockets targeted a school in Kilis south Turkey near Syria's borders.

Many regime army soldiers especially ones picked from checkpoints waiting for a chance to defect
    This with disputes in Shia militias over pay again opens up the question whether Russia will need own ground troops

Council Member

Putin's worst nightmare about to happen...butter and or guns but not both..Can he continued his two front war and if so just how much longer......??

@MoscowTimes Russia Considers Suspending Loans to Other Countries
    http://tmt-go.ru/556181

Well worth reading this site.....
    Russia's Central Bank is lying about its reserves, here's what the math says

https://ninajobe.wordpress.com/2016/...-reserve-scam/
    pic.twitter.com/jgDiLob2hM

Worried about sub-$20 crude? Some sellers are already there
    http://reut.rs/1U6B0l2

Russian 2016 budget was built on 50USD oil and now redone at 40USD per barrel......this will in effect cause the replay of 1989...just a matter of time--- about two months if oil continues downward.....

A bulk of the Russian oil is "sour" thus those prices on the current market are in the 12-14USD ranges BUT Russia is still trying to get the Brent pricing......which many buyers are actually avoiding in exchange of Mexican oil.
    Last edited by OUTLAW 09; 01-18-2016 at 01:06 PM.

Council Member

#ISIS's offensive in #DeirEzzor looks different when you check recent @mod_russia strikes:
    http://wikimapia.org/27063089/Fuel-Storage-Facility
    pic.twitter.com/tnF43EbOY5

Council Member

Russia gets rich off of both Sunni and Shia these days......

Russia is preparing an arms deal for Saudi Arabia worth $10bn: air defense systems (Iskander-E, S400) & jets

http://www.kommersant.ru/doc/2895208

Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by OUTLAW 09 View Post
    SyrCoalition EU Representative urges international community to end siege tactics, hold #Assad regime to account

Another #IRGC commander killed in #Syria #العراق #سوريا #إيران #السعودية
    http://www.ncr-iran.org/en/news/terr...entalism/19806

"Let me die but save my sister"
    A Syrian girl pulled alive from rubble after helicopter bombing on Ter Maaleh, Homs

pic.twitter.com/LjGqJAixaN

Nearly 94% of the 12,000 sorties the #Russia-n air force has so far flown in #Syria targeted civilians & #FSA,
    http://ow.ly/X9meo

Counteroffensive going well so far as rebels regained control of Tal Zaitoun, Tal Ablaq & Madrasat Atira in Jabal Turkman, #Latakia

Mount Bayt Ablaq capture confirmed by #FSA accounts.
    Unconfirmed reports rebels captured Mount Zahiya, Mount Bayet Ablaq and Mount Atera so far in Turkman Mount #Latakia countryside.

Originally a Russian troll working the Donbas now fully working the Syrian front as a proAssad account.....
    Seems @leithfadel continues to lie his @TheArabSource readers. This time about #DeirEzzor:

http://www.almasdarnews.com/article/...in-deir-ezzor/

SandStorm hit #DairEzzon east #Syria. Last time we've seen similar storm #Assad army lost an airbase in one night.
    IS-reinforcements arrived at #DeirEzzor city -try to storm Heart Hospital & western Jura neighborhood -no airstrikes bc sandstorm

Reports suggest a 2nd #ISIS assault on Deir ez Zour is taking place tonight, possibly advancing more than the first attack 36hrs ago. #
    Control of #DeirEzor entire city by #ISIS would B huge strategic victory,bigger than #Raqqa, it would B much more difficult 2 attack #Syria

Syria #IS claim seized "anti aircraft rockets, 1 main battle tank, 1 BMP & a Shilka tank" in western outskirts of #DeirEzzor

Syria #DeirEzzor #SAA lost a Brigade General & a lieutenant during battle yd. Also reports Issam Zahreddine wounded pic.twitter.com/tWS7Owyvs0
    Last edited by OUTLAW 09; 01-18-2016 at 01:39 PM.

Council Member

Footage
    Syrian #FSA artillery keeps pounding pro-#Assad forces in #SheikhMaskin.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCkg_veKhy4
    pic.twitter.com/g0Fl8n5dN3

Council Member

Syrian Express on the move again...........

ВМФ cargo ship, Сф NF Yauza completed Bosphorus transit at 7:00aGMT; at current speed she’ll arrive #Tartus 21/1/15

Yauza’s courtesy Turkish flag is the first we have observed since December 4th

Bosphorus snow storm makes home-like weather conditions for Murmansk based Северный флот Northern Fleet’s Yauza.

Mongolia flag Maestro IMO8810700 moves around the high seas of Med&theBlackSea.AIS data confusing, includes Baniyas

Suspicious ship if there is one:
    Tripoli-bound Mongolian flag LPG tanker Maestro transits southbound Bosphorus

Council Member

Tensions been brewing for while btwn Yarmouk Army (FSA) & jihadist Harakat Muthanna in the south: now out in public

Russia & US to meet 20/1 to finalize #Syria delegations; DSA refuses joint bloc with Riyadh groups http://www.hawarnews.com/%D9%85%D8%B...A-%D8%A7%D9%84 … Ar. by Jihad Roj

The Die Is Cast: The #Kurds Cross the Euphrates
    http://www.washingtoninstitute.org/p...-the-euphrates … by @FabriceBalanche

Council Member

Katuysha rockets are no joke. If they keep coming across the border, something will have to be done - http://news.yahoo.com/least-one-kill...091349748.html

Iranian info warfare hard at work...........

How interesting. Leader of PODEMOS even has his phone paid for by HispanTV, Spanish wing of #Iran's Press TV.

http://goo.gl/kSBTWA

More roaring successes of that Obama WH Syrian strategy that just needs a little more messaging....in this case alot more messaging to explain.....

A must read article.......

The Syrian Intifada

The Iranian Nuclear Deal and North Korea

By Kyle Orton (@KyleWOrton) on January 18, 2016
    https://kyleorton1991.wordpress.com/...-nuclear-deal-...

Council Member

Syria Rebels took over Touma village in #Latakia mountains
    http://wikimapia.org/#lang=de&lat=35...84759&z=14&m=b

Syria #IS seized 3 tanks, 4 BMPs, Shilka, manpads & ammo during offensive in #DeirEzzor outskirts & establish supply line along Euphrates

DeirEzzor: #IslamicState take control of "fire & missile battalion" inside brigade 137 base
    http://wikimapia.org/#lang=de&lat=35...30231&z=14&m=b … …

Reports: #SAA Major General Mohammed Kaddour & Airport commander Brigadier Issam Zahreddine have left #DeirEzzor

Seems Basatin al-Nahr & Heart Hospital of #DeirEzzor now in hands of
    #IslamicState
    http://wikimapia.org/#lang=de&lat=35...27306&z=16&m=b

Syrian Rebels recapture several positions in Aleppo, Latakia & Hama because whether conditions were poor for airstrikes

Homs: Most important figures of NDF in Homs captured http://fb.me/7i29d5kyC

Hezbollah forces killed recently in Syria
    http://en.eldorar.com/node/1242

I think you can clearly see from the last retweets that Assad propagandists claiming regime "captured all lost ground" have LIED

Pro Assad propagandists claim regime "retook all ground" in Deir Ezzor, truth is they didn't & ISIS captured more

Assads NDF were ambushed by rebels in Jabal Turkman today with no support from Russian jets due to weather conditions
    Last edited by OUTLAW 09; 01-18-2016 at 07:39 PM.

Council Member

SAA helicopters dropped barrel bombs on #Teir_Maela
    #Homs #Syria JAN 18

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAv-sBcjQBo

Murabiteen on #Salma front say assadis exaggerating their advances alot, misinformation.

Syria regime airstrike on #Moadamiyeh in #Damascus province today

2 civilians killed by road side bomb planted in #Hamidiyah village
    #Idlib cs #Syria JAN 18

USA warplanes carried out airstrikes targeting a #isis car bomb at #Sawda village
    #Hassakah #Syria JAN 18

SAA warplanes carried out airstrikes on #Palmyra
    #Homs #Syria JAN 18

TOWs back in the fight it appears.....
    Rebels destroyed #SAA tank at #Turkmen_Mount fronts
    #Latakia #Syria JAN 18

Rebels destroyed #SAA tank at #Marj area fronts
    #Damascus cs #Syria JAN 18

Council Member

CrowBat...anything from your sources on this...??????

Unconfirmed reports the helicopterw/ Suhail Hassan was shot down at #Ayishah village nearby #Kwaires aibase
    #ALeppo cs #Syria JAN 18

BREAKING
    Reports #SAA helicopter shot down nearby #Kwaires Airbase, Suhail Hassan (Tiger) was inside that helicopter.
    #Aleppo #Syria JAN 18