Quote Originally Posted by OUTLAW 09 View Post
Sounds familiar? This is #Yemen, not #Donbas. The "#Houthi rebels" now have anti-ship cruise missiles & "radar sites". All from hunting shop located just around the corner......

JUST as the "miners and truck drivers" in Donbas suddenly were producing 700 Russian tanks of the T72/80 variety, drove over 1200 IFVs and were able to man over 1000 pieces of artillery and MLRSs......
But that's the particularly absurd part of this conflict: namely, the never-ending report about 'Iran-supported Houthis', and 'Iranian arms deliveries to Houthis'.

What support? What arms?

The USN, Saudis, Emiratis, Egyptians etc. are running a de-facto sea blockade of Yemen since SEVEN YEARS. Yes, seven years - and not only since March 2015.

In this time - and I cross-checked this only this very morning - they have intercepted exactly THREE (in digits: 3) dhows carrying 'illicit arms', means small ships carrying AK-47s, RPGs, some C-4, and few MANPADs and ATGMs etc. for which they say were underway from Iran with destination 'Ansar Allah', aka 'Houthis'.

Now comes the best part: please read the report here - How False Stories of Iran Arming the Houthis Were Used to Justify War in Yemen - check the links it contains, see the evidence.

It seems that the first two dhows in question (the third, intercepted in March of this year was not included in that report) were Yemeni, crewed by Yemenis, and carrying arms bound for Somalia.

...and when I think back of the first Houthi-Saudi clash, that in 2009-2010, and how many Yemeni arms traders Saleh's authorities (which were fighting Houthis at the time) have arrested because they were selling shiploads of arms to Houthis...

Come on: Yemen is stuffed full of arms already since 1970s. Houthis need none. On the contrary, they repeatedly called, i.e. 'warned' Tehran to stay out of this conflict, and not to meddle.