Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hard to Find Military Books

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by 120mm View Post
    Third Axis Fourth Ally: Romanian Armed Forces in the European War, 1941-1945 (Hardcover) by Mark Axworthy (Author), Cornel Scafes (Author), Cristian Craciunoiu (Author)

I've seen it advertised for as low as $150, but I've never seen one SELL for that. I know people who've spent $500+ for that book, and I'd chunk down $50 without thinking twice for it. And know others who would, also.
    I've been on this one for a while, and hope to nail down the rights VERY soon. I have an offer in, and now just need them to give me a yes or no.

Thanks, and keep 'em coming.

BTW, I should have a reprint of "A History of the Cossack Corps" and a report on "German Exploitation of Arab Nationalist Movements in WWII". Both were written by German generals we captured after WWII.

I've tried on both, and both are tied up in litigation amongst Reid-Daly and peter Stiff. I keep hearing rumors its settled, but it seems to go on for a while. I would love to do both.

That said, in the case of Africa I should have a NEW history of riverine warfare in Africa. It looks very good.

Thanks and keep the recs coming.

Jamie

Thanks,

Jamie

Chris Cocks has reissued Fireforce at www.30degreessouth.co.za

good luck

Default Another resource

A guy I worked with needed an old interior guard manual, and finally found it here - http://www.military-info.com/

From their site:
    Welcome to the "Lost and Found Department."

We have largest number of out of print military manuals and articles (over 9700, covering a period of over 200 years) listed for sale on the web.

Just purchased "The Praetorians" from Hailer...great service and had the book in days. I spoke with Mr. Hailer about trying to get a run of "The Centurion" done, since I can't find a copy for anything less thatn $200! He said its a matter of how much he'd have to pay to do the reprint. Oh well...worth an effort!
    "But the bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet withstanding, go out to meet it."

-Thucydides

Any chance of the Combat Studies Institute at Ft. Leavenworth digitally publishing additional high demand but hard to find works via their CSI Reprints collection?

Default Ask Them!

Jon,

Send an email and ask them. Like all things, CSI fights for a budget and demands for reprints help them in that fight.

Better yet, get your chain of command to echo your email to csiweb@leavenworth.army.mil

Best

Tom