Thread: Syria in 2016: an exchange on what to do

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by mwe12 View Post
    I take the silver line to work - luckily it is closed today. Thanks Obama.

Of the two of us I think I am the American.

Basically the above shows you are a mark for terrorists. JAN is AQ. A decade after 9/11 and those clowns were like "yeah this is a movement we want in on." It is a shame and an insult to the victims of 9/11 that we are not hitting JAN and anyone who teams up with them with daily drone strikes - much less vaporize those pow-wows.
    mwe12....these two comments of yours are actually quiet interesting in that reflects something said to me when I was working interrogation at a place called Abu Ghraib and in Baqubah, Diyala actually talking to many of the individuals that supported QJBR then and IS now and the other Sunni/Shia insurgent groupings....did that work for a long 18 months during the hottest times in Iraq 2005 to mid 2006.

At the height of the AG scandal we had a class on the use of culture in interrogation actually interesting as I had been using it daily and in the face of massive resistance from the active force leadership in AG....and BTW the instructor knew me from my former SF days in Berlin.....a big homecoming in AG in Iraq after not seeing each other since 1976 when he left Berlin to attend a US university.

He made an interesting statement about being an interrogator which by the way is a long training course by the Army......

In order to be a great interrogator YOU need no training which shocked the room full of Army personnel.

All you need is the following;
    1. natural curiosity of the world around you and an interest in global affairs
    2. you MUST have lived and possibly worked overseas and speak a foreign language...country where you spent time does not matter
    AND lastly;
    3. you MUST have an empathy for culture and how a civil society lives in that particular culture

You should have heard the hectic and loud major pushback being voiced from the military audience....BTW he lived and still is in Jordan, has a Ph.d and speaks three different Arabic dialects.

With that advice anyone who does not fulfil that cannot be in my eyes an American.......especially when it comes to foreign policy discussions.

Somehow we have forgotten we were created as and still are a multi cultural nation. And somehow along the way we ourselves have forgotten why we fought the Revolutionary War winning BTW with the help of the French.
    Until you have walked in the sandals of Syrians who in 2011 AFTER an Obama speech in Cairo stood up and demanded as a civil society the 50 year end to a dictatorship under the often from the US used propaganda... rule of law, good governance and transparency....why the term "propaganda"...because the very same US that kicks out those slogans now basically abandons any civil society that uses them as their guiding light. Then this demands were met with a brutal genocide (300K killed and over 11M IDPs/refugees is a high price to pay for their demands).......as the response ...that genocide BTW is Iranian supported by every known Shia terrorist groups/IRGC and NOW Russia.

Even you must admit that is strange.

BTW......you have not really experienced anything until you have spent literally hours with a 50 year old Iraqi businessman who actively supported QJBR now IS complain to you about "globalization" in a US military prison in Iraq....concerning his inability to produce sandals cheaper than the Chinese which was driving him out of business AND why did we the US allow that to happen in Iraq.......now what would have been your response to this from his POV...a serious issue???

WHEN you have the chance and you use your smartphone on the silver line then dial in Netflix and call up the film "Winter of Fire" an excellent documentary film which BTW is up for an Oscar of the Ukrainian uprising during the deep winter against an equally brutal dictator who literally stole 40B USD in cash and gold bullion as he fled the Ukraine into Russia the land of the oligarchs that stole most of the means of production in all of Russia.

NOW after watching "Winter of Fire" ask yourself would you as an American citizen have done the exact same thing and or suffered as they did for "the goals of rule of law, transparency and good governance"...in some aspects they were replaying our own Revolutionary War and they are still at war with Russian with over 66 Russian and her mercenary attacks yesterday WHEN Obama/Kerry and the entire NSC claim "there is a ceasefire" and it is working...come on...working????

Of the two of us I think I am the American.

Let me respond to this off handed comment with the following ...until you have participated in three wars in your lifetime, two of them in the ME and until you have spent a bulk of your career dealing with the Soviet Union in Berlin during the height of the Cold War and until you have physically face to face conversed with so called "terrorists" of both the Sunni and Shia sides and until you have used the Koran in those discussions and until you have spent literally hours talking with Sunni/Shia's and until you have tasted and smelled sand storms in the ME...then you are also not an American.

AND especially when you have not served in UW wars in the US SF.

You really do need to drop using such a statement.
    Last edited by OUTLAW 09; 01-27-2016 at 09:30 AM.