Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Syria in 2016: an exchange on what to do

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by mwe12 View Post
    I do respond. I take each one of your points to the woodshed. I think you are either paid by the post (hopefully you monetize this) or live in a well padded room.

1. Dealt with your genocide lie.
    2. Pointed out correctly that Putin is free to bomb other armed groups.
    3. Pointed out correctly Putin has killed more terrorists/Islamists than civilians by a wide margin.
    4. Pointed out the US/US public is not on board to go fight Assad to put those clowns in power.
    5. You support JAN.
    6. I believe we are safer with Assad in power. Several Presidential candidates back that position. And it's not an uncommon position on the street here.
    7. I think the US should be striking JAN/IF forces and anyone they are brigaded with.
    8. Obama/Kerry also consider those to be preconditions on talks and had to threaten our little Islamists to show up.
    9. Now everyone who doesn't agree with you is a racist.

Not sure what is ducking or trolling on my end. On yours you rant and complain that Russian agents are raiding your fridge, and call me a troll but your genocide argument is a dud, you new racism argument holds no water, and basically you are on the fringe side of an issue.

I think you live in a ideologically protected world where anyone who disagrees with you is a paid Russian spy.

Disagreeing with your stance, as does most of the American public and our President it appears, does not make someone a troll part of a conspiracy to steal your matching socks. You are in a fantasy world. The American public is opposed to doing what you want, the President/Kerry are lukewarm on it and pushing for talks without Islamist preconditions, and two top candidates have basically we are better off with Assad. Sorry you are on the fringe terrorist supporting side of an issue.

As I said there is nothing illegal about him blowing to bits the other anti-Assad groups (which includes your AQ buddies).

If it is pages of you responding to your own rants with more rants about Russian circus midgets stealing your bodily fluids, I'll pass.

If a group of Shia terrorists slit the throats of Sunni terrorists (who rammed airliners into the towers/are brigaded with them) I am amazingly indifferent. I am safer with a Putin/Assad/Iran win than a win by the anti-Assad forces.

Dude you cheer-lead for AQ, that's like no-fly list zone crazy.

Well we finally cracked down on those idiots. And had you watched the coverage there was outrage those guys were not being called terrorists.

It's not racist in the least. Poor play of the race card. Though with the misspelling and mocking of the Presidents name, I think you guys might want to check your own privilege.

"The only good Indian is a dead one/Indian" - at least get the expression correct, even though your usage here is wrong.

He is free to attack other groups in support of Assad. Nothing illegal or immoral about bombing the IF/MB/JAN/FSA as well. Net gain to be honest.

So I guess Obama is also a paid Russian troll. Saying "we won't talk unless Russia/Assad/Iran seriously and potentially cripplingly limit their operations" is a precondition. They know it won't be agreed to as a precondition for these talks, they simply don't want to take part in the talks which is why it is rumored Kerry had to threaten them.

Run with AQ and people are going to rank your side below Hezbollah. Amazing.

Fault of the terrorists who hide among them/the people that hang out around them. Seeing as the SOHR's Pallywood style accounting puts Putin at 1380 civilians killed (ignoring that 60% or so of those are adult men and probably not all non-combatants) to 2198 terrorists. Surprisingly despite using 1960-1970s bombing tech and not being anywhere near as concerned about Human Rights backlash as we in the west are; Putin has managed to kill far more terrorists than alleged civilians based on pro-Islamist sources.

=========

Thankfully little will and no public pressure in the US for that.

So they aren't going to win.

LOL.

Not at all, and of course he down plays the whole these guys are allied with AQ/MB angle. The fact the opposition is full of Islamists and AQ supports/allies has to go unmentioned or else he would admit his cause was bankrupt and unpopular.
    Let's see your math...right now three different Syrian sources are giving between 1400-2100 killed civilians in just over 100 days...at this Russian rate we will have say approximately 8000 killed in a year.

VS the Russian killed terrorist numbers of say 2000 plus as you state.......and you say that is a raving success rate in over 14,000 air sorties...

The US led effort has killed a confirmed 25,000 and the number of civilians killed as "collateral damage" is far far far far far less that the current Russian killed rate of say 1400 on the low end. AND the US is punishing SOF members for accidently targeting a hospital...97 have been hit by Russia in over 100 days and no one is punished......

Let's see all US led air s rikes are cleanly and clearly targeting IS.

Let's see...right now by bellingcat 97% of those 14,000 sorties have been not against IS BUT against anyone who fights against Assad....

AND when IS attacks anti Assad forces the Russian fly CAS for them...care to explain that??? OR when anti Assad forces attack IS the Russians also fly CAS for them........wonder why

Care to explain the difference in more than a cut and past one sentence....

Awaiting your response to this....
    How is that then a raving success by the Putin AF????

BTW the Russian MoD much as you do....... criticized the US for flying fewer sorties.....BUT wait fewer sorties more killed more IS vs the Russian highly precise air strikes...claimed repeatedly by the Russian MoD led to far far fewer IS killed...wonder why is that is??
    Last edited by OUTLAW 09; 02-01-2016 at 08:53 AM.

Council Member

mwe12...now that you have a clean and concise definition of "genocide and complicit"....

Genocide.........???

AND what about that so called Obama "red line" in the use of chemical attacks?

Video...
    Footage
    #Assad used GAS vs. rebels in Muadamiyat during the #GenevaPeaceTalks yesterday
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1T4AWKtoHU
    Barrel bombs used and barrel bombs loaded with chlorine......were used as a mix.

78 killed and over 100 injured....ALL civilians...not a single fighter among the group...BTW...

AND that is not "genocide" by international law?

Council Member

Islamist and non-Islamist mainstream rebels — to the surprise of those who have derided their performance, let alone their existence — repelled the offensive at the time.
    oooo, mainstream rebels like the IF/MB.

Indeed, Moscow and the Syrian regime are content to see the United States bear the lion’s share of the effort against the jihadi monster in the east, instead concentrating on mowing through the mainstream rebellion in western Syr
    As they are still in a state of rebellion and attacking government targets I am not seeing what the outrage is.

Turkey’s shooting down of a Russian military aircraft that crossed its airspace in November backfired: Moscow vengefully directed its firepower on Turkey’s rebel friends across Idlib and Aleppo provinces.
    Funny how that worked out.

Moscow also courted Syria’s Kurds, who found a new partner to play off the United States in their complex relations with Washington. And Russia has agreed to a temporary accommodation of Israel’s interests in southern Syria.
    Israel and the "Kurds" the only two groups the public likes over there.

Inside Syria, and despite the polite wishes of Secretary of State John Kerry, the overwhelming majority of Russian strikes have hit non-Islamic State (IS) fighters.
    Even the SOHR has stated Russia has killed hundreds upon hundreds of IS fighters; and it's an interesting case of academic dishonesty when he ignores the presence of AQ and other radical groups in those "non-IS fighters." He is full of crap.

he strikes killed Zahran Alloush, the commander of the main Islamist militia there.
    The cage guy who was opposed to democracy and hated religious minorities.

Further north, a combination of Assad troops, Iranian Shiite militias, and Russian firepower dislodged the powerful Islamist rebel coalition Jaish Al-Fatah from Latakia province
    A group which up to a few months ago included AQ as a direct member.

One perverse consequence of cutting the Azaz corridor is that it plays into the hands of the al Qaeda-affiliate Jabhat Al-Nusra, since weapons supplies from Turkey would have to go through Idlib,
    A Qatari/Turkish ally who already gets support from groups there.

Idlib may well become the regime’s next target.
    In which case it would be a short term perverse consequence.

The now-plausible rebel collapse in the Aleppo region could also send thousands of fighters dejected by their apparent abandonment into the arms of Nusra or IS.
    Where they will be bombed in turn.

Assad all along pursued a strategy of gradual escalation and desensitization that, sadly, worked well. Syrians already compare the international outcry and response to the IS’ siege of Kobane in 2014 to the world’s indifference to the current tragedy.
    In all seriousness the PKK has better PR agents in America.

An IS defeat there would seal the border with Turkey, meeting an important American objective.
    Which is a good thing.

It pressured Jabhat al-Nusra to withdraw and anointed its allies in Syria, including the prominent Islamist group Ahrar al-Sham, as its enforcers.
    Brackish wine in a dirty glass, just dimmed the lights.

True to its record of calculated dithering, President Barack Obama’s administration let the Turkish proposal hang until it could no longer be implemented.
    A good move, why on earth we would give AQ and it's allies a NFZ?

Turkey faces now an agonizing dilemma: watch and do nothing as a storm gathers on its border, or mount a direct intervention into Syria that would inevitably inflame its own Kurdish problem and pit it against both IS and an array of Assad-allied forces, including Russia.
    The storm is the barrages which are smashing its proxies and may well help the Kurds cut off the border.

In the south, the United States has demanded a decrease in weapons deliveries to the Southern Front, while in the north, the Turkey-based operations room is reportedly dormant.
    Now if that money could just be spent here and not given to TOW teams to help a bunch of Islamists try and seize power.

But to do so while exposing the rebellion to the joint Assad-Russia-Iran onslaught and without contingency planning is simply nefarious.
    Strategic dithering is not nefarious.

And they all assume, probably rightly, that he is more interested in the appearance of a process than in spending any political capital over it
    The people who voted him into office, aren't demanding a war with Russia over this. The public wasn't on board for war when Assad allegedly gassed people and are not on board with one now.

=====
    Another interventionist going into a rage over the fact this bad bill of goods has no buyers and trying to spin more BS in the hopes it finds a buyer.
    Last edited by mwe12; 02-06-2016 at 09:03 AM.

Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by mwe12 View Post
    oooo, mainstream rebels like the IF/MB.

As they are still in a state of rebellion and attacking government targets I am not seeing what the outrage is.

Funny how that worked out.

Israel and the "Kurds" the only two groups the public likes over there.

Even the SOHR has stated Russia has killed hundreds upon hundreds of IS fighters; and it's an interesting case of academic dishonesty when he ignores the presence of AQ and other radical groups in those "non-IS fighters." He is full of crap.

The cage guy who was opposed to democracy and hated religious minorities.

A group which up to a few months ago included AQ as a direct member.

A Qatari/Turkish ally who already gets support from groups there.

In which case it would be a short term perverse consequence.

Where they will be bombed in turn.

In all seriousness the PKK has better PR agents in America.

Which is a good thing.

Brackish wine in a dirty glass, just dimmed the lights.

A good move, why on earth we would give AQ and it's allies a NFZ?

The storm is the barrages which are smashing its proxies and may well help the Kurds cut off the border.

Now if that money could just be spent here and not given to TOW teams to help a bunch of Islamists try and seize power.

The people who voted him into office, aren't demanding a war with Russia over this. The public wasn't on board for war when Assad allegedly gassed people and are not on board with one now.

=====
    Another interventionist going into a rage over the fact this bad bill of goods has no buyers and trying to spin more BS in the hopes it finds a buyer.
    cut and paste, cut and past, cut and paste...but nothing else outside of ranting...normal for a troller.

proof...this comment alone says it all...outside of cutting and pasting a author that gets published has nothing say.....WHAT have you published anywhere pray tell???

when you critique say this author...then give us some solid comments that we can cut and paste you on.....other than "strategic dithering" YOU did notice I hope the long list of things he listed to lead him to his comment of "nefarious" or the your best one yet

Brackish wine in a dirty glass, just dimmed the lights

come om mwe12 or mirhond get better at your trolling.....OR simply write something of your own thoughts and allow us to cut and paste your comments....BUT WAIT that is impossible because all you do is cut and paste comments .....and that leaves little to then cut and paste on which is your trolling intent anyway.

BUT WAIT... a simple challenge to you for us to judge your comments...
    and allow us to cut and paste.....

Challenge: in a simple statement of at least say ten sentences... summarize exactly what the current Obama Syrian strategy is.

THEN be so kind to summarize whether it has been successful or not?

ten sentences should make it easy for you

will be interesting to see if you respond to this challenge as you have in previous postings sidestepped answers...again a mark of proAssad and proRussian trolling....
    Last edited by OUTLAW 09; 02-06-2016 at 12:32 PM.

Council Member

mwe12...thought I had seen that sentence before...now I thoroughly understand your proAssad trolling...as many Americans would not have recognized the Arabic saying......although you did reverse the saying to a degree

And just as it is with windows97 an American would not be so thoroughly in tune to Shi'ism as I am sure he is not a Shia iman unless he is studying religion in the Us which does not give one many employment chances these days in the US especially Shi'ism.

continue to cut and paste as it will now be ignored as a waste of time for anyone to read as long as you are trolling..

"Brackish wine in a dirty glass" should have been written ...because I know you are not a wine taster.......

"Brackish water in a dirty glass" so next time get at least the Arabic words into the correct saying.........

BTW...this should make your trolling heart beat faster with anticipation.......
    Assad Regime forcing children in the Schools of loyalists areas, to learn "Russian language".

could pass you the sana link if you want to read more about the new Russian language program.......

Iran has dispatched pro-regime pop singer Saeed Hadadian to Syria to lift troop morale
    http://bit.ly/1QfjO9F
    Last edited by OUTLAW 09; 02-06-2016 at 01:03 PM.

Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by OUTLAW 09 View Post
    America's backwards Syria policy: "Simply nefarious."
    http://foreignpolicy.com/2016/02/05/...ampaign=buffer

It is not only me complaining about the total failure of US FP......and I am a simple American sitting in Berlin watching a disaster unfold in both eastern Ukraine and Syria due to the lack of coherent, clear and concise US leadership other than "talk"...just "talk".

Any thirdgrader can "talk".....
    Can the Obama WH make it even worse...yes they can as the radicalization of the anti Assad forces especially FSA, al Sham and JaI will be in fact a move towards JaN and IS...so with one swift stupid move by Obama he will be adding and additional 70K fighters to JaN and IS.

While Obama and Kerry both "talk" a great game".......here is the Assad and Putin calculation...by driving the sheer destruction ie Grozny style into the heart of the anti Assad opposition it will drive them to JaN and IS.....THEN Putin and Assad can sit back and say to the Sunni's it is either me or "them" take your choice......I seriously do not think both Obama and Putin fully understand what the outcomes are on this move for Syria and the wider ME......

Taken from the article:
    Ever since 2011, the United States has hidden behind the hope of a Russian shift and closed its eyes to Putin’s mischief to avoid the hard choices on Syria. When the Russian onslaught started, U.S. officials like Deputy Secretary of State Tony Blinken predicted a quagmire to justify Washington’s passivity. If Russia’s intervention was doomed to failure, after all, the United States was not on the hook to act.

Russia, however, has been not only been able to increase the tempo of its military operations, but also to justify the mounting cost. And contrary to some pundits, who hailed the Russian intervention as the best chance to check the expansion of IS, Washington knows all too well that the result of the Russian campaign is the strengthening of the jihadist group in central Syria in the short term. This is a price Washington seems willing to pay for the sake of keeping the Geneva process alive.

The bankruptcy of U.S. policy goes deeper. The United States has already conceded key points about Assad’s future — concessions that Russia and the regime have been quick to pocket, while giving nothing in return. In the lead-up to and during the first days of the Geneva talks, it became clear that the United States is putting a lot more pressure on the opposition than it does on Russia, let alone Assad. Just as Russia escalates politically and militarily, the Obama administration is cynically de-escalating, and asking its allies to do so as well. This is weakening rebel groups that rely on supply networks that the U.S. oversees: In the south, the United States has demanded a decrease in weapons deliveries to the Southern Front, while in the north, the Turkey-based operations room is reportedly dormant.

The result is a widespread and understandable feeling of betrayal in the rebellion, whose U.S.-friendly elements are increasingly losing face within opposition circles. This could have the ironic effect of fragmenting the rebellion — after years of Western governments bemoaning the divisions between these very same groups.
    Actually what is interesting is that this WH has made the same exact mistakes in Ukraine causing me to ask over and over "just where is the difference between the Obama FP and the Putin FP"...there is none....
    Last edited by OUTLAW 09; 02-06-2016 at 09:36 AM.

Council Member

The stupidity of this Obama WH, NSC and Kerry never fails to amaze me...."ask permission to drop humanitarian aid"...come on since when does one of the five main members of the UNSC have to "ask permission" when even Putin is on record for providing aid via THREE UNSC resolutions......ALL supported by Putin.

AT the same time you clearly and concisely state at the UNSC Russia and Assad are in full and total violation of international humanitarian treaties in their use of starvation....and the use of barrel bombs and deliberate Russian air strikes targeting civilians is a war crime.

Will Russia really allow the US to airdrop food to Syrian towns besieged by the Russian-backed government?
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...2892&tid=ss_tw

You state to the UNSC you are providing aid under their own resolutions, and that Russia is blocking that aid, you announce the flight times and indicate full air cover will be provided and then drop....

If one is never willing to backup diplomacy with "a show of force"..... diplomacy with Putin is designed to fail....it is that simple....

We have seen what even Obama himself stated to the world "we will judge Putin by his actions not his words"...well we have the actions WHERE are Obama's actions.

Even the third grader knows when to defend himself on the playground...this President evidently was never on a playground.....
    Last edited by OUTLAW 09; 02-06-2016 at 09:56 AM.