Outlaw,

Really?

3. disconnect the US completely from ME and Europe
Reference point 3.....Obama has actually allowed Russia to fully achievement this point all on his own...especially with the release of his Obama doctrine interview one can "see" exactly how Obama himself supports this.....

These achievements are not as some have stated here..."melodramatic".....it is the ground reality staring us literally in the face and daily now...
I made the statement and I'll make it again, this is melodramatic. We're not "completely" out of the Middle East or Europe, nor is there any indication that will happen despite Russia's alleged desires to push us out. Though it does seem that Russia downsized in the ME almost overnight. We have more forces in Europe than we did when Bush left office. This doesn't even address our diplomatic and economic engagement. We're still heavily engaged in the ME, and will be for some time to come. There is also a depend signal from both regions for us to be engaged more than we are. We're still a great power, but we have enough crises (slow burn and immediate) to deal with it without creating the myth that we have somehow been pushed out of either of those regions.