Quote Originally Posted by OUTLAW 09 View Post
I had a interesting conversation with a number of Israeli's last night and
it might cause some heartburn with SWJ commenters......

When talk got around to Brussels....they shrugged their shoulders and stated....why do people forget the 60s thru 80s when bombs and terror attacks were far higher than today....it is a war and yes people get killed but it is a simple fact of life....

Actually they are right ........and they tend to constantly remind themselves of this fact and from their POV...they are right if we take the time to think it through.

All loss of life is bad but say when 500,000 Syrians are killed by a genocidal dictator does the world get so wrapped up as with say Paris and or Brussels....not really....

When there is a capable Syrian force able to deal with IS on the ground and fighting them daily what do we do .....? Are they "moderate enough" is our response.

WHEN we know and can prove a deep relationship between the Russian FSB, Iranian IRGC and Assad to IS WHAT is our response...silence.....

So are we in the West actually just as responsible for the IS attacks as is IS....??
You know why people have forgotten what I recall tracking pretty closely? Why the terrorist attacks were kept in perspective then and not now? I suspect a large reason is the advent of 24/7 news, each network competing with the other to tell a dramatic story and keep the audience fixated.