Thread: Non-State Threats and Future Wars (Book)

Default Non-State Threats and Future Wars (Book)

Partial Preview available at (google books).

In the Google preview it talks about "sixth-generation warfare theory (Slipchenko)"

I was able to find the citation "Vladimir I. Slipchenko, “A Russian Analysis. of Warfare Leading to the Sixth Generation,” Field Artillery, October. 1993, 38–41"

So off to http://sill-www.army.mil/famag/1993.asp I go... Well I'm sure they'll fix the site some day... Does anybody have the original article handy in like a .pdf?
    Sam Liles
    Selil Blog
    Don't forget to duck Secret Squirrel
    The scholarship of teaching and learning results in equal hatred from latte leftists and cappuccino conservatives.
    All opinions are mine and may or may not reflect those of my employer depending on the chance it might affect funding, politics, or the setting of the sun. As such these are my opinions you can get your own.

1993 and the Russians were writing about "6GW", there's a joke there, somewhere...

Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by selil View Post
    ...I was able to find the citation "Vladimir I. Slipchenko, “A Russian Analysis. of Warfare Leading to the Sixth Generation,” Field Artillery, October. 1993, 38–41"

So off to http://sill-www.army.mil/famag/1993.asp I go... Well I'm sure they'll fix the site some day... Does anybody have the original article handy in like a .pdf?
    I had no problem with the FAMAG site - the article pulled up in pdf right away:

A Russian Analysis of Warfare Leading to the Sixth Generation, Field Artillery, Oct 93

Quote Originally Posted by MountainRunner View Post
    1993 and the Russians were writing about "6GW", there's a joke there, somewhere...

With some people saying we're not in a 4th generation warfare environment I thought it was interesting too.
    Sam Liles
    Selil Blog
    The scholarship of teaching and learning results in equal hatred from latte leftists and cappuccino conservatives.
    All opinions are mine and may or may not reflect those of my employer depending on the chance it might affect funding, politics, or the setting of the sun. As such these are my opinions you can get your own.

Quote Originally Posted by Jedburgh View Post
    I had no problem with the FAMAG site - the article pulled up in pdf right away:

A Russian Analysis of Warfare Leading to the Sixth Generation, Field Artillery, Oct 93

Thanks!!! Now that's the ticket.
    Sam Liles
    Selil Blog

Council Member

I read the article. A lot of techno-wienie fluff. Assume all the hard missions won't exist and you can concentrate on the missions you assume will exist. Assume the answer is 22 trucks.