I've read the interesting article and I think that you have some good points.

The center of my reasoning is how to reestablish some kind of order in a theater devastated by a 4GW war. This is the only way out of a 4GW disaster. Any kind of order is better than a freefire 4GW scene.

I think about solutions like the Bosnia agreement or the Lebanon after the Taef agreement.

For Europe the Dayton agreement worked well. The same, is true in my opinion, for Israel with the Taef agreement. The israeli error was to mantain an hopeless South Lebanon occupation that fueled the principal 4GW actor: Hizballah.

In my opinion the US should consider a role in Iraq very similar to the role that Syria played in Lebanon after Taef. A substantial control of the state with patronage of Saudi Arabia and Iran and with condition not to menace Israel.
Syria has been the only state to win over a 4GW environment in late '80. They played with every different actor in theater and used only a limited amount of firepower only to avoid victory of any actor, with decisive military actions in 1990-91 only when anyone was so exhausted that its intervention was substantially welcomed.

If the US could influence Israel in finding a workable solution with Syria, about Golan and Lebanon, this two steps, Iraq stabilization and Lebanon stabilization, could be a great success in a pincer manouver against the 4GW master: al-Qaeda.

Thank you for your attention. I'm only a newbie here and I feel a little bit afraid to post in such an informative forum. Sorry for my poor english since it's not my first language.

Graycap