View Poll Results: Do you agree that the insurgency has ended, although the war continues?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it is no longer an insurgency.

7 23.33%
  • No, it is still an insurgency.

23 76.67%

Thread: Good news -- the insurgency is over! Now we need a new strategy for the Iraq War.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Council Member

Default Good news -- the insurgency is over! Now we need a new strategy for the Iraq War.

With the permission of the SWC, this thread opens a discussion of an article posted on the Defense and National Interest website.

The Iraq insurgency has ended, which opens a path to peace
    By Fabius Maximus.
    March 13, 12007

http://www.defense-and-society.org/f...ency_ended.htm

Summary by Chet Richards, Editor of DNI: “The insurgency has indeed ended, but not for the reasons you might imagine.”

This article is the first in a series on a common theme: how America can survive and even prosper in an age in which 4GW is the dominant mode of warfare. It starts with our most pressing problem, Iraq.

It is a brief, hopefully provocative introduction -- recommending a radically different strategy for Coalition forces in Iraq. Following articles discuss these ideas and recommendations in greater detail. Criticism of my work on this site has in the past proved quite helpful in correcting and guiding me, and will prove so again. I thank all those who comment now, in advance.
    Last edited by Fabius Maximus; 03-16-2007 at 12:37 PM.