Quote Originally Posted by Azor View Post
Well, my responses were to Outlaw 09, who does question Trump's legitimacy, and were repositioned by the Moderator.

For people that are opponents of Trump, it is important to ask what they think Clinton would have done differently...

Trump is a showman, and I expect him to carry on Operation Inherent Resolve, albeit with a bit more flair:

• Reduced ROEs
  • An emphasis on massive strike packages as opposed to smaller sorties
  • Use of Land-Attack Cruise Missiles and strategic bombers
  • More frequent and boastful updates on progress directly from the White House and SecDef

Al Qaeda is more of a tricky situation, as it might be best to negotiate with the former Nusra and ignore those Sunni jihadists not focused on attacking the West. How he gets along with Iran will determine his priority on targeting Sunni jihadists, when they would prove useful proxies against the rampaging Shia militias.
I expect him to leave ISIS to the Russians outside of Iraq, or at a minimum, follow their lead. I also don't expect him to change the current policy much in Iraq. He will talk tough, but I don't think the policy will change much.

He is going to have a divided cabinet on Iran. Russia is solidifying links with them, so I am not sure that he will do anything more than talk.

There is also a much more interesting thought process coming from people like Tom Ricks, who believe that Trump will have little if anything to do with foreign policy. I offer this for your consideration ...

http://foreignpolicy.com/2016/12/13/...-star-friends/