Thread: The Trump impact on US policy

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Council Member

As an American who has for the greater part of 50 years defended the US from enemies near and far under Presidents good and bad from both parties I now after watching a potential Trump presidency give up on my own country…..

I had hoped that a change in US leadership would lead to resolutions of the Russian non linear warfare in eastern Ukraine and that war is as well being directed against the Baltics and Poland…..would have some new solutions for Syria and reigning in Iran in the ME and on how to confront an ever increasingly hostile Russia…..NOT to mention a very serious Russian cyber war we find ourselves currently in…..

BUT a potential US President that alienates a religion of 3B individuals WHICH in turn actually supports the messaging narratives of both AQ and IS…….a President that thinks a “Wall” can resolve immigration……a President that does not even listen to his DNI intel briefings and assumes that the Russians did not hack the US……….a President that publicly belittled US Generals……a President that openly condones and will use torture…..a President that thinks he can be friends with Putin who has unleashed his non linear war directed against US global leadership….which is Putin’s stated goal……a President who had advisors tied directly to Russian black money and whatever the SVR has on Trump’s own weaknesses while he was often in Moscow…..a President that wants and states he will tear up existing trade agreements and does not believe in climate change…a President that does not believe in clean energy……...a President that states that he will not use Article 5 of NATO unless the attacked country has “paid up their dues” ………….AND a President that claimed he was against Iraq all the while publicly stating he was for it and a President that while I fought in VN for 18 very long months used a “bone spur” in his foot which he could never recall which foot four times to evade the draft…..AND a President who has never shown me his tax returns while I have been audited due to residing and working overseas…..

ALL of this leads me to the simple question…..can I continue to defend the US as an American from enemies near and far??……the answer I am really sorry to say is no……

I have for a number of reasons over the years had the ability to file for German citizenship and passport and never wanted to cut my ties to the US…..but if Trump is in fact the new President of the US I will drop off the citizenship request the second he is confirmed as the new US President…

It is time to let the US be what it wants to be which I think it does not even know itself…..and enjoy the rest of my remaining life in a country that does socially care about it’s society and it’s positon inside Europe…..

I will slowly disengage from the postings due to the simple fact that the new US President and his “best friend Putin” will resolve Syria an eastern Ukraine as well as the Baltics and Poland and all the commenting in the coming months will not change that…and this new President will not lead the West as has the US for the last 70 years.....

I have enjoyed the posting simply because I have learned a lot about Ukraine and Syria that was never in the text books nor in MSM….and have learned an extremely valuable lesson in Russian non linear warfare that I use daily in my internet security company on the cyber warfare front that Trumps claims is being carried out by a 400lb person sitting on his bed....when even briefed the opposite by the DNI....

I have previously stated in a SWJ article comment……”people love populists until they take power”…

Council Member

To continue....this saga....as per 09:24 today I formally applied for the German citizenship and passport and will be giving up the US passport due to the fact that a populist pied piper convinced millions of Americans that globalization and immigration can be simply overcome by building a WALL, roadbuilding and creating millions of good paying jobs......AND doubling the annual economic growth %.

So on or about 4 Jan 2017 I will formally be "German and a European" who no longer has to pay taxes to IRS.....and who can visit the US for 90 days per year without a visa....which is far more than I have done in the last years....

A little of my history....and it reflects why the pied piper was and will be totally wrong....in 1964 through 1966 before I volunteered for the Army and went onto to join Special Forces....I was working during my last year of HS and the first two years of the University of Texas as an unskilled oil field worker doing pipeline xray work.....as a "common laborer" EARNING 10 USDs per hour 12 hours per day seven days a week for a monthly take home before taxes of 3,300 USDs in 1966 dollars.....I was making more than my father who had a GI Bill BA and worked for an oil company.

Oil pipeline union welders were earning 75 USDs per hour....AND today what are the equivalent wages?.....no way close to 1966...AND that is not due to "globalization"...

Second example...from 1996 thru to the internet bust in 2000 the average bidding war salaries for internet IT personnel and coders was say 100K to 130K USDs plus options....AND today...lucky to break 65-70K...WHY...IT companies took the bust opportunities to drive down salaries and increase bottom line profits to drive their 90 day earnings cycle for their stock...salaries were not driven down by globalization......BUT by the 90 day stock reporting cycle for their shareholders......in order to increase "shareholder value"......

So when a pied piper sells you that the evil of your problem lies with trade deals....or outsourcing....or the other party.....why do we not see people openly questioning those statements.....is it possibly a total lack of information and understanding just how the world's global marketplace works these days...but how could they know as most only have a HS degree???

I now have started an internet security company on the non profit side....for the last three years.. which is part German/part Swedish using available EU startup development funding streams for 17M Euros for the first two years and a follow on funding of 12.3M....in addition to what we earn in our various ongoing/running projects.

THIS is where the pied piper gets it wrong....I could in fact have taken my business directly back to the US and setup shop anywhere in the so called "Rust Belt" that followed the piped piper....and produced WITH Americans in America and then competed for overseas business.....

BUT HERE is exactly why there is a serious problem in the US and also as well in the UK with globalization...WHEN good to lower paying jobs disappear to even the lower paying BRIC countries .....THEY are simply never going to come back....

WHY not....the pied piper says they will come back....BUT it is all about competing for business and inherently good paying jobs means health insurance and other benefits driving up the overall hourly wage that needs to compete for business....in a global market where price determines everything. I recently lost a large deal because I was 4.50 Euros higher per hour than a competitor in Asia as the project was driven by a large number of man hours...and that Asian competitor was using outsourced US/UK geeks via the internet....

IF I had moved into this Rust Belt....I would have never been able to hire the 55 individuals I have now from five countries speaking four core languages....and yes the salaries of my employees effects my business decisions daily.....
    Why BECAUSE all my employees have at least a BA/MA in computer sciences and or in five cases PhDs...in computer science.....WHERE could I have found that combination in say in Ohio...or Iowa....or Georgia....Iowa.....Wisconsin.....etc????

So when a pied piper claims to create millions of good paying jobs...I laugh and ask exactly how is that to happen....building roads...schools...bridges etc takes planning lead times....and money....if from the government then via taxes and if from private sources then via tolls and user fees.....

So again people love the heck out of populists and their speeches...BUT wait to see what they do when they are in power and can do something..BUT do nothing as they are in it for the "power"........

The so called Tea Party has basically controlled the US House for over 8 years AND what did they do to help those struggling in the Rust Belt....nothing at all...SO WHY will it be any better under a new "pied piper"?????

Anyway.....decision made......AND in a growing number of parts of this earth a US passport is not an advantage nor protection anymore....besides these days the only thing a passport is good for is crossing borders......time to finally not having to defend some screwed up FP by some US President who does not "get it"....

BTW....I am not the only one in Europe that is foreseeing major issues between the US and Europe....especially in the area of trade as Trump wants to place tariffs on all non Us produced products which actually then violates WTO regulations AND the US farm industry is then not going to be happy if the EU reciprocates with equal and or more tariffs on US products...Trup might one day wake up and realize just how many American good paying jobs are tied to trade with the EU and Asia..
    France and Europe must defend their interests after Donald Trump's win, Alain Juppe says http://bloom.bg/2eL6aCQ

Remember, #Trump snubbed President Poroshenko during UN summit in NYC. #Ukraine could be left out in the bitter coldhttp://foreignpolicy.com/2016/09/20/tru
    mp-gives-ukraine-cold-shoulder-in-new-york-clinton-poroshenko/#

BTW....the German response below was far far different than the UK response....which is interesting as the German view of Brexit with UK is hardening....to the point of making UK pay dearly for leaving the EU...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by davidbfpo; 11-19-2016 at 04:41 PM.

Council Member

Someone summed up my thoughts in far fewer words....

The Manhattan billionaire scoffed at ideologies and told his supporters what they wanted to hear: that society could be forced back to a nostalgia-drenched sense of community and purpose, that long-lost jobs could be retrieved, that a pre-globalized economy could be restored.

"People love populists until they gain power....then"???
    Last edited by davidbfpo; 11-19-2016 at 04:42 PM.

Council Member

Natalia Poklonskaya (former Crimean "Attorney") calls Trump to fulfill the promise to recognize "the Crimean referendum"

Here we go....

AND YES even the Iranians are panicking.....right about now as Trump did not have "nice things to say about them"...

IRAN PRESIDENT ROUHANI: Donald Trump's government cannot reverse the nuclear deal
    http://read.bi/2ekrJeZ

AND YES he could reverse the Iran Deal as he and a lot of Republicans critiqued that deal....
    Last edited by OUTLAW 09; 11-09-2016 at 11:36 AM.

Council Member

Charles Lister

@Charles_Lister
    "Trump’s term may be the beginning of America’s fragmentation & its breakup”

- Al-Qaeda celebrates #Trump victory:

http://mme.cm/GSBW00

Notwithstanding internal U.S divisions, if a Trump foreign policy prioritizes ‘strongmen’ allies, Al-Qaeda will get an unimaginable boost.

Council Member

I am back into posting here as I was right where the Trump Syrian policy was going....he has as well as his surrogates stated they want to do joint operations with BOTH Assad a proven genocidal dictator who is currently using CWs and Putin against IS.......

THIS will be one of the biggest blunders from Trump if done for years going forth..he will have been responsible for driving 100,000 armed and experienced urban warfare moderate Syrian FSA fighters into the welcoming arms of JFS (AQ) AND IS as they will have seen that the US has no interest in kicking out Assad and is in a bromance with Putin....

THIS move will certainly ensure fighting in the ME for the next 20 odd years and not to say provoke a response from KSA...Qatar..GCC. and Turkey....NOT LEAST Israel who informed Russian via their PM visit this week Israel will not tolerate Iran inside Syria....as they have Hezbollah on one border already and they do not want Iran on the Golan Heights border...

Dr Shajul Islam @DrShajulIslam
    4 #RUSSIAN BUNKER BUSTERS on our hospital just now! Lost underground operating room, £60k equipment, 3 ambulances, medication warehouse!

Council Member

One-Hundred Years of Fear: America Has Abdicated Its Leadership of the West
    http://spon.de/aeRLF via @SPIEGELONLINE

Council Member

Charles Lister ‏@Charles_Lister

My brief comments on jihadist perceptions of #Trump’s victory in the U.S., plus implications for the region:

http://www.mei.edu/content/article/m...gn-policy-team … #Syria

Council Member

Middle East
    Donald Trump Likely to End Aid for Rebels Fighting Syrian Government
    By DAVID E. SANGERNOV. 11, 2016
    http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/12/wo...ump-syria.html

Military aid to rebels financed & delivered by regional sunni powers, what happens next is a test for GCC-Turk ties.

This could also force all factions including JFS and FSA to unite and fully merge when the moderate-radical limitations becomes irrelevant

THIS means 100,000 rebel fighters merging into JFS.....

Council Member

Future Trump FP being driven by cash.......????

Trump’s Top Military Adviser Is Lobbying For Obscure Company With Ties To Turkish Government

Flynn wrote an op-ed on Tues. calling for extradition of Fethullah Gulen. It was a curious piece and unusual for a former DIA Director..........

http://dailycaller.com/2016/11/11/tr...ser-is-lobbyin...

An intelligence consulting firm founded by retired Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn, Donald Trump’s top military adviser, was recently hired as a lobbyist by an obscure Dutch company with ties to Turkey’s government and its president, Recep Tayyip Erdogan.

The revelation of that new lobbying contract, which has not been previously reported, raises several questions given that Trump is said to be considering Flynn, the former director of the Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA), to take over as either Secretary of Defense or National Security Advisor.

It also raises questions about disclosure.

Flynn wrote an op-ed for The Hill on Tuesday, just before Trump’s stunning upset of Hillary Clinton, in which he heaped praise on Erdogan and called on the next president, whoever that would be, to accede his request to extradite the U.S.-based Muslim cleric Fethullah Gülen back to Turkey
    Last edited by OUTLAW 09; 11-14-2016 at 06:41 PM.

Council Member

Putin Says France 'Deceived' Russia On Syrian UN Resolution - Likely False
    http://bit.ly/2eyKRWB

US info warfare on its self hard at work......fake site could though not be tracked so it could have come from outside the US
    Google's top news link for 'final election results' goes to a fake news site with false numbers
    http://wpo.st/4xBE2
    Last edited by OUTLAW 09; 11-14-2016 at 08:13 PM.

Council Member

Default To Outlaw 09 and Crowbat

Gentlemen:

Once Trump assumes that presidency in January, how will the Free Syrian Army be impacted?

My impression of the current situation is that Saudi Arabia and Qatar are supplying the weapons to the FSA (including the TOWs), and the CIA's role is to vet those units that are being supplied.

If Trump terminates the CIA operation, it is reasonable to assume that Doha and Riyadh may increase their support for the rebels and do so in an unconstrained manner, supported by Ankara and Amman.

While Clinton would have imposed a no-fly zone over Aleppo possibly, Trump may well prove less restrictive in practice than Obama...

Thoughts?