Page 20 of 106 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast

Thread: The Trump impact on US policy

Council Member

Default To Outlaw 09 RE: Trump

Quote Originally Posted by OUTLAW 09
    Azor...even your recital of 20@committee presentation is wrong...go back and thoroughly this time reread the article...you might actually have a different assumption at the end of what he wrote...
    I actually did not see that the article in The Observer was by John Schindler of The XX Committee, who has also entertained allegations that the NSA hacked Hillary Clinton’s private server as well as the DNC, and that there was collusion between Clinton, the FBI and the DOJ. Therefore, one would have to take Schindler’s imprimatur on the Orbis Dossier with a crack rock-sized grain of salt. In addition, Schindler suggests that Trump’s “secret ties to Russia is about money, not espionage”, and yet the Orbis Dossier asserted that Trump had no financial ties to Russia.

You thoroughly do not fully and completely understand just how especially HUMINT is gathered…
    Yes, I keep hearing that from both you and TheCurmudgeon, although I have yet to see my line of reasoning derailed. This is the same reasoning that deduced that Manning, Assange and Snowden were agents in the service of Russia whether wittingly or unwittingly, during the period when these people were lionized by many Democrats, particularly those who would go on to support Sanders.

Your tale about the SS-24 is interesting and reminds me of LeCarre’s The Looking Glass War. I would imagine that the country in question was the Federal Republic’s more democratic brother, as Moscow could exert more control over the SS-24 as it traipsed around the bloc like a modern-day backpacker using EurRail, and why not have it as near to NATO as possible?

As for HUMINT, what say you about the suggestion that Penkovsky and Polyakov were triple-agents?

THIS tells me one clear and concise point...everything outside of the sex tape/tapes WAS in fact substantiated...
    No, it doesn’t follow. The IC has been consistent that the Orbis Dossier is unsubstantiated thus far, which is confirmed in your MSN link. Given that the Dossier claims that the Putin-Trump ties are non-financial in nature and that the sex tape is the Kremlin’s only leverage, the Dossier does revolve around the “salacious” allegation. The alleged intelligence sharing between Trump and Putin did not result in any private information on Clinton or the DNC being revealed during the election campaign by either Trump or his advisors. Trump relied upon the WikiLeaks releases, as did many opposed to Clinton’s candidacy, as well-worn insinuations about her server and foundation. The Dossier is about a sex tape padded with long-standing allegations from the campaign…

Read all 17 individual reports which the 35 pages summarize...read the Russian oligarch names and then the Alfa Bank and then talk to me about money flows...
    I did, thank you, and I focused on the reports dealing specifically with Trump, not the filler about Russia’s international web of corruption or influence operations, which I am well aware of.

WHAT the UK ex spy indicated that is extremely interesting and might in fact explain why the FBI allowed the inclusion of the document.....the original Steel document indicates that a number of Russian émigrés residing in the US were used by the GRUFSB as money funnels into the Trump campaign when funds were low due to poor fundraising on the part of the Trump campaign n and black money was often used to push rallies and overall costs.....he went to say that a few investigative journalists were already tracking that report
    Again, you are extrapolating from the Dossier assertions that it did not make, namely that the Russians funded Trump’s campaign. That would contradict the basis of Russia’s leverage, which is the sex tape.

The Dossier has been effective at casting doubt as to the legitimacy of Trump’s election, but upon further inspection is full of contradictions and outright falsehoods. Clinton’s information warfare during and after the campaign closely resembles how the Kremlin treated the MH17 incident and its involvement in Syria.

If Putin’s goal was to reduce faith in American democracy, he certainly succeeded.

Council Member

BREAKING: Justice Dept. Inspector General launches review of FBI and DOJ actions ahead of 2016 presidential election
    http://abcnews.com/politics

Council Member

Giuliani better get the Trump proposed hacking group up to speed in a hurry.....

Israeli Controversial Phone-Hacking Firm "Cellebrite" Got Hacked; 900GB Of Data Stolen
    http://thehackernews.com/2017/01/mob...llebrite.html#

Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by Azor View Post
    I actually did not see that the article in The Observer was by John Schindler of The XX Committee, who has also entertained allegations that the NSA hacked Hillary Clinton’s private server as well as the DNC, and that there was collusion between Clinton, the FBI and the DOJ. Therefore, one would have to take Schindler’s imprimatur on the Orbis Dossier with a crack rock-sized grain of salt. In addition, Schindler suggests that Trump’s “secret ties to Russia is about money, not espionage”, and yet the Orbis Dossier asserted that Trump had no financial ties to Russia.

Yes, I keep hearing that from both you and TheCurmudgeon, although I have yet to see my line of reasoning derailed. This is the same reasoning that deduced that Manning, Assange and Snowden were agents in the service of Russia whether wittingly or unwittingly, during the period when these people were lionized by many Democrats, particularly those who would go on to support Sanders.

Your tale about the SS-24 is interesting and reminds me of LeCarre’s The Looking Glass War. I would imagine that the country in question was the Federal Republic’s more democratic brother, as Moscow could exert more control over the SS-24 as it traipsed around the bloc like a modern-day backpacker using EurRail, and why not have it as near to NATO as possible?

As for HUMINT, what say you about the suggestion that Penkovsky and Polyakov were triple-agents?

No, it doesn’t follow. The IC has been consistent that the Orbis Dossier is unsubstantiated thus far, which is confirmed in your MSN link. Given that the Dossier claims that the Putin-Trump ties are non-financial in nature and that the sex tape is the Kremlin’s only leverage, the Dossier does revolve around the “salacious” allegation. The alleged intelligence sharing between Trump and Putin did not result in any private information on Clinton or the DNC being revealed during the election campaign by either Trump or his advisors. Trump relied upon the WikiLeaks releases, as did many opposed to Clinton’s candidacy, as well-worn insinuations about her server and foundation. The Dossier is about a sex tape padded with long-standing allegations from the campaign…

I did, thank you, and I focused on the reports dealing specifically with Trump, not the filler about Russia’s international web of corruption or influence operations, which I am well aware of.

Again, you are extrapolating from the Dossier assertions that it did not make, namely that the Russians funded Trump’s campaign. That would contradict the basis of Russia’s leverage, which is the sex tape.

The Dossier has been effective at casting doubt as to the legitimacy of Trump’s election, but upon further inspection is full of contradictions and outright falsehoods. Clinton’s information warfare during and after the campaign closely resembles how the Kremlin treated the MH17 incident and its involvement in Syria.

If Putin’s goal was to reduce faith in American democracy, he certainly succeeded.
    You then missed the Alfa Bank comments..was misspelled though...check the posting now on Alfa Bank and then tell me there as not connection being assumed...

Intelligence sources vouch for credibility of Russia dossier author
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...P=share_btn_tw

Orbis founder worked as #Russia expert for 20 years at MI6, sent to Moscow as spy in 1990.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...are_tw#…
    Last edited by OUTLAW 09; 01-12-2017 at 06:49 PM.

Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by OUTLAW 09 View Post
    French far right leader Marine Le Pen seen at Trump Tower
    http://reut.rs/2jnCAnb

.@seanspicer tells me Marine le Pen is NOT meeting w/ PEOTUS or anyone else from transition team. Adds “Trump Tower is open to the Public”

Yesterday Trump compared US intelligence community to Nazis. Today leader of France fascism Marine Le Pen spotted in Trump Tower.

SO Le Pen flies all the way from Paris just to do coffee in Trump Tower?...oh come on...Spicer can get better at lying.....

BUT WAIT maybe she did fly just for the excellent Kenyan coffee....?

Outside Mattis hearing, Inhofe says Trump's comments comparing intel leaks to "Nazi Germany" show the president elect's "sense of humor."
    You have to wonder if Donald Trump was dumb enough to invite the Russia funded Marie Le Pen to Trump Tower. 21M euros was the loan until the Putin suggested bank went into bankruptcy and now Russia is demanding back the first 9M Euros paid out....and she is asking for another 20M Euros as her Party is out of funds for the coming election....

Great way to start off your relations with current French government.
    Last edited by OUTLAW 09; 01-12-2017 at 06:55 PM.

Council Member

Default RE: Chris Steele

Steele was an intelligence officer for the SIS posted to Moscow during the 1990s, working under the legal diplomatic cover of the FCO at the British Embassy.

He admits that he and his late wife were harassed by the KGB and subsequently the FSB, because of his work in Moscow, and apparently a tank barrel was pointed at their apartment, although this probably had more to do with the bloody "Constitutional Crisis" of 1993 rather than a KGB attempt at intimidation.

As people in the intelligence community are well aware, illegal intelligence officers are much more effective, albeit at much greater personal risk. Although embassies and consulates do benefit from walk-ins from time to time, these are typically under full surveillance, as are the diplomats attached to them, which would apply to Steele. Certainly, Steele would have been able to make the rounds of various events and meetings, but he would have been watched and any important Russian he had contact with would be investigated.

Suffice to say, Steele is probably an expert on Russia and on the mafia state that developed after the collapse of the Soviet Union, but does he have the deep agents in the Kremlin, MFA and FSB that he claims?

These contacts informed Steele about an astounding intelligence operation being run directly from the Kremlin to insert an agent into the White House, and yet they didn't tell him of:

• How Russia would react to a Georgian offensive to recapture South Ossetia
    • How Russia would react to Ukraine striking an association agreement with the EU
    • How Russia would react to potentially being expelled from Crimea
    • Russia's intentions with regard to Russian-speakers and ethnic Russians in Donbas
    • The extent of Russian support for Assad in Syria

Quite frankly, I don't think that Steele has any deep contacts inside the Russian government and I don't think that he accomplished very much in Russia during his time there. Notice that Putin wasn't rounding up foreign spies in 2008, 2014 or 2015, but instead had switched to typewriters in order to avoid SIGINT, which is the West's strength.

His supposed flight to safety is laughable considering that Russia already was well aware that he was an SIS officer. If anything, his dossier has exposed his sources in Moscow who can be found out by a process of elimination, a polite euphemism for pliers and a blowtorch.

Personally, I became active on social media to counter the rampant anti-Americanism that proliferated in the wake of the Iraq War and to counter the Russian propaganda machine that swung into gear from 2008 on.

Yet the bitter rearguard fighting by the interventionist crowd, who was salivating at the chance to have Hillary Clinton greenlight whatever operations in Ukraine, Syria, Africa, the South China Sea, Central Asia, etc., that they had been denied under Obama, is deeply, deeply troubling.

When I look back to the hard choices made throughout the Cold War, all I can say is that there is an interventionist constituency that was typically divided between misguided humanitarians and cynical imperialists (for want of a better term), and this election has seen them band together in an alarming way.

Council Member

Default Report: $412,000 DNC insider, Ukraine officials spread dirt on Trump

From The Washington Times: http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/re...rticle/2611650

A veteran Democratic National Committee and former Clinton administration official worked with Ukrainian officials to push dirt about President-elect Trump to journalists in a bid to help Hillary Rodham Clinton win, according to a new report.

The lengthy investigative report, which described Ukraine as concerned that Trump would favor Russia if he won, said that the effort was coordinated with the Clinton campaign, raising questions of foreign involvement similar to the charges that Russia worked to help Trump.

"Donald Trump wasn't the only presidential candidate whose campaign was boosted by officials of a former Soviet bloc country," said the Politico investigation.

The story identifies Alexandra Chalupa as the leader of the effort, a DNC consultant, former Clinton aide and "Ukrainian-American operative." She was paid $412,000 from 2004-June 2016.

It said that she pushed information about Trump's former campaign chief Paul Manafort to reporters including Yahoo. Manafort was replaced by Trump amid concerns about his work for Ukraine's former leader, Viktor Yanukovych.

Said the report:

In an interview this month, Chalupa told Politico she had developed a network of sources in Kiev and Washington, including investigative journalists, government officials and private intelligence operatives. While her consulting work at the DNC this past election cycle centered on mobilizing ethnic communities — including Ukrainian-Americans — she said that, when Trump's unlikely presidential campaign began surging in late 2015, she began focusing more on the research, and expanded it to include Trump's ties to Russia, as well.

She occasionally shared her findings with officials from the DNC and Clinton's campaign, Chalupa said. In January 2016 — months before Manafort had taken any role in Trump's campaign — Chalupa told a senior DNC official that, when it came to Trump's campaign, "I felt there was a Russia connection," Chalupa recalled. "And that, if there was, that we can expect Paul Manafort to be involved in this election," said Chalupa, who at the time also was warning leaders in the Ukrainian-American community that Manafort was "Putin's political brain for manipulating U.S. foreign policy and elections."
    Unlike the Russia hack story based on intelligence assumptions and reports, Politico's story shows a direct tie to Ukrainian officials, the Clinton campaign and the DNC. In the story, a Ukrainian official said, "They were coordinating an investigation with the Hillary team on Paul Manafort with Alexandra Chalupa."

Republican officials expressed dismay at the story.

In a statement today, Republican National Committee Deputy Communications Director Raj Shah said that the report "provides a detailed rundown – with participants of this effort going on the record – showing how Democrats coordinated with the Ukrainian embassy to drive negative stories about President-elect Donald Trump. The cozy relationship with a foreign government, had it been uncovered of Republican operatives, would have sparked outrage. But in this case, the Democrats aren't even denying it, and it seems like the media is letting them get away with it."

Council Member

Default RE: Ukraine’s anti-Trump efforts

Reading the stories from The Washington Examiner and Politico, it is rather amusing to find out that both Kiev and Moscow were vying to influence the US election in order to have the next US president take their side in the crisis in Ukraine.

Now, I don't believe that Trump is a Russian agent anymore than Clinton is a Ukrainian one.

What I do believe is that Russia preferred Sanders, Stein, Johnson and Trump to the other contenders, and then Trump solely once he secured the nomination. I also believe that Ukraine preferred Cruz, Rubio and Clinton to the other contenders, and then Clinton solely once she secured the nomination.

I also believe that Russia preferred a dysfunctional US government, with an obstructionist and divided Congress and an isolationist White House, and that Ukraine preferred a united US government that could take decisive action.

Politico's report is interesting, given that it has a slight Democratic or liberal bias...

Council Member

Reading the stories from The Washington Examiner and Politico, it is rather amusing to find out that both Kiev and Moscow were vying to influence the US election in order to have the next US president take their side in the crisis in Ukraine.

Now, I don't believe that Trump is a Russian agent anymore than Clinton is a Ukrainian one.

What I do believe is that Russia preferred Sanders, Stein, Johnson and Trump to the other contenders, and then Trump solely once he secured the nomination. I also believe that Ukraine preferred Cruz, Rubio and Clinton to the other contenders, and then Clinton solely once she secured the nomination.

I also believe that Russia preferred a dysfunctional US government, with an obstructionist and divided Congress and an isolationist White House, and that Ukraine preferred a united US government that could take decisive action.

Politico's report is interesting, given that it has a slight Democratic or liberal bias...
    Azor...here is the interesting point....about Ukraine...the Manafort paper trail that they do indeed have for at least 12.7M USDs in payments to him from the former President have never been requested by the FBI...even though they were informed they could be transferred with a courier to the FBI....

THEN yesterday the DOJ Inspector General announces an investigation into the FBI's email issue right before the election and why the Russian connections into the Trump campaign were not investigated any further...

Everyone knows the NYC FBI office is hard Republican and definitely anti Clinton and the email reinvestigation was being driven by this office...

BTW....C-SPAN 'investigating' why congressional livestream switched to Russia Today
    http://www.politico.com/blogs/on-med...3557?cmpid=sf#

Russian Propaganda Channel RT Mysteriously Cut Into C-SPAN's Web Feed and No One Knows Why
    http://gizmodo.com/russian-propagand...fe-1791133632#
    Last edited by davidbfpo; 01-13-2017 at 08:56 AM. Reason: fix link

Council Member

Azor...this is a few of the social media comments against that article that indicate just how many know little about Putin's KGB duties while stationed in Dresden before the Wall came down....What this commenter means is Putin was not a SVR field agent but he definitely "ran" recruited from him agents....

Maybe they should have been in Germany in the late 80s early 90s...even I knew of his activities in Dresden while in Berlin AND what is not known is just how close he was involved with a special Russian personnel protection unit based near Fuerstenwalder the fore rider of spetsnaz.....

J Michael Waller @JMichaelWaller
    Sloppy reporting. Putin was never a "KGB agent." He did no "special operations." He was an internal security officer.
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...=share_btn_tw#

Council Member

Default To Outlaw 09

With respect to Manafort, there is no question that he worked for Yanukovych and the Party of Regions from 2004 to 2010. However, Manafort also worked for the Republican Party for twenty years, on behalf of the Ford, Reagan, Bush Sr. and Dole campaigns. Yet even during that period, he was used as a liaison between various Republican presidents and rather unsavory anti-Communist allies in the developing world. After Dole’s defeat to Clinton in 1996, it seems that Manafort was forced to get creative to keep the money rolling in, and lacking a master but retaining his penchant for working with brutal and corrupt clients, found himself in the service of the Kremlin, which was reeling from the Orange Revolution as well as other “color revolutions” throughout the post-Soviet space. As far as Manafort and Trump go, I believe that Trump was the only Republican candidate who would have Manafort, and Manafort was one of the few Republican operatives that would work for Trump’s campaign. Quite frankly, Trump had to scrape the bottom of the barrel for Republican advisors, given that the party elite was decidedly opposed to his candidacy.

As for the investigation of Comey, that is entirely due to Comey’s letters to Congress regarding the investigation into Clinton’s server, not whether or not the investigation itself was malicious or whether the FBI was deliberately ignoring Russian subversion. Your allegations about FBI bias are curious, given that there was blatant collusion between the AG and Clinton, that the CIA effectively endorsed her, and that Republican Neo-Conservatives allied with Democratic humanitarian interventionists to support her, with obvious ripples throughout the DOD, IC, think tanks, etc.

So Putin was an officer of the Ninth Chief Directorate? That would not be surprising. The KGB kept a close eye on the StaSi, had liaison offices in every StaSi district and had enjoyed the same powers in the DDR as the StaSi did since 1978. In all probability, Putin’s role was providing security for KGB personnel and property in Dresden, which was a major hub. Note that the successors of the Ninth Chief Directorate have been transformed over time to become Putin’s Praetorian Guard. The KGB was a massive organization and even during the height of “active measures” against the West, most of its manpower was spent on internal security and administration. In comparison, the SVR officers must feel a certain pride that the very acronym says it all: they don’t need to explain which directorate or department.

Council Member

With respect to Manafort, there is no question that he worked for Yanukovych and the Party of Regions from 2004 to 2010. However, Manafort also worked for the Republican Party for twenty years, on behalf of the Ford, Reagan, Bush Sr. and Dole campaigns. Yet even during that period, he was used as a liaison between various Republican presidents and rather unsavory anti-Communist allies in the developing world. After Dole’s defeat to Clinton in 1996, it seems that Manafort was forced to get creative to keep the money rolling in, and lacking a master but retaining his penchant for working with brutal and corrupt clients, found himself in the service of the Kremlin, which was reeling from the Orange Revolution as well as other “color revolutions” throughout the post-Soviet space. As far as Manafort and Trump go, I believe that Trump was the only Republican candidate who would have Manafort, and Manafort was one of the few Republican operatives that would work for Trump’s campaign. Quite frankly, Trump had to scrape the bottom of the barrel for Republican advisors, given that the party elite was decidedly opposed to his candidacy.

As for the investigation of Comey, that is entirely due to Comey’s letters to Congress regarding the investigation into Clinton’s server, not whether or not the investigation itself was malicious or whether the FBI was deliberately ignoring Russian subversion. Your allegations about FBI bias are curious, given that there was blatant collusion between the AG and Clinton, that the CIA effectively endorsed her, and that Republican Neo-Conservatives allied with Democratic humanitarian interventionists to support her, with obvious ripples throughout the DOD, IC, think tanks, etc.

So Putin was an officer of the Ninth Chief Directorate? That would not be surprising. The KGB kept a close eye on the StaSi, had liaison offices in every StaSi district and had enjoyed the same powers in the DDR as the StaSi did since 1978. In all probability, Putin’s role was providing security for KGB personnel and property in Dresden, which was a major hub. Note that the successors of the Ninth Chief Directorate have been transformed over time to become Putin’s Praetorian Guard. The KGB was a massive organization and even during the height of “active measures” against the West, most of its manpower was spent on internal security and administration. In comparison, the SVR officers must feel a certain pride that the very acronym says it all: they don’t need to explain which directorate or department.
    Azor...this goes to the heart right now of what many suddenly are saying about Steele and seem to forget about Putin...

1. ever notice that before the Buzzfeed no one heard of Orbis and or Steele accept those in the intel dark side of CI....where their opinion of him is high based on his CI work in Moscow...and Russia in general

2.Orbis became a small Mercedes Benz among the top tier of the business intel world by virtue of their work quality and Russian sources

Suddenly now we have tons of experts coming out of the wool stating this and or that about both Orbis and Steele largely to discredit him...and distract from the bulk of the 17 reports.....

3. Putin was a central figure inside the Dresden Stasi which was extremely active during the ramp up of demonstrations in Dresden prior to the Wall coming down...he was not just some second rate figure..so he had experience already with "color revolts".....

4. Some say Putin adhered to the Party way to tight and did not participate in the ongoing KGB corruption inside the GDR and many went home with tons of money...Putin with 400 USDs and a wash machine....

Loyalty is something he learned then and demands now BTW....

BTW...missing completely from those that try to discredit Steels and his past....UK and US types that were assigned to the Soviet Union in those days spoke fluent Russian and had extensive surveillance and counter surveillance training before arriving in Moscow...and it was spy combat from the day they hit the ground running in those days of Moscow...so Steele is of that generation as is BTW Schneider from 20@committee....

BTW...the basis for the 17 reports was a total of 137 memos from his field sources...someone I know from that business world indicated that is massive for Russia and reflects research that went on far longer.... actually appears to have been started before Trump was even in the race....

REMEMBER if Schneider is correct and I am assuming he is mirroring for the current CI intel world...then Trump has bee in the cross hairs of CI for going on 30 years...
    Last edited by OUTLAW 09; 01-13-2017 at 09:56 AM.

Council Member

Russia's state-sponsored TV: "In response to leaks, Trump might investigate the outgoing White House admin for creating & supporting ISIS."

BUT WAIT ...there is more than ample...actually massive real evidence of Russian...Iranian and Assad support to IS in their early days continuing up to now with the lack of Russian and Assad air strikes on IS...

APPEARS Russian state TV has the wrong subject matter...MAYBE should be ..Russian involvement in and with IS...especially the long years in the illegal oil trade business out of Syria for starters....

So is Trump now taking his instructions directly from Russian state media?????

Council Member

German government statistics on Russian hacking for 2016....there were an average of 20 hard attacks a month and one of the attacks was usually straight forward espionage ....on German government networks/computers....

German military as a whole had for 2016 a total of 9M hacking attempts UP from 8.5M in 2015....all largely detected and defeated...

French DoD admits to 65K attacks for 2016.....

So we now have Giuliani in charge of the Trump computer response group ...the same man who leaked that the FBI had something new of Clinton's emails TWO full days before the official FBI announcement occurred...AND who denied vehemently initially Russia had anything to do with hacking during the elections...that man is now in charge of computer security?????
    Last edited by OUTLAW 09; 01-13-2017 at 10:05 AM.

Council Member

THIS is exactly just how "fake news" gets spread and yet Trump and company do not believe Russian involvement in "fake news" is an issue these days nor did it "help him in the election".....

How #fakenews was laundered through fringe websites and reported by Russian media as fact
    https://medium.com/@DFRLab/three-tho...4d#.5mqpporiq#
    Attached Images Attached Images

Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by OUTLAW 09 View Post
    Azor...this goes to the heart right now of what many suddenly are saying about Steele and seem to forget about Putin...

1. ever notice that before the Buzzfeed no one heard of Orbis and or Steele accept those in the intel dark side of CI....where their opinion of him is high based on his CI work in Moscow...and Russia in general

2.Orbis became a small Mercedes Benz among the top tier of the business intel world by virtue of their work quality and Russian sources

Suddenly now we have tons of experts coming out of the wool stating this and or that about both Orbis and Steele largely to discredit him...and distract from the bulk of the 17 reports.....

3. Putin was a central figure inside the Dresden Stasi which was extremely active during the ramp up of demonstrations in Dresden prior to the Wall coming down...he was not just some second rate figure..so he had experience already with "color revolts".....

4. Some say Putin adhered to the Party way to tight and did not participate in the ongoing KGB corruption inside the GDR and many went home with tons of money...Putin with 400 USDs and a wash machine....

Loyalty is something he learned then and demands now BTW....

BTW...missing completely from those that try to discredit Steels and his past....UK and US types that were assigned to the Soviet Union in those days spoke fluent Russian and had extensive surveillance and counter surveillance training before arriving in Moscow...and it was spy combat from the day they hit the ground running in those days of Moscow...so Steele is of that generation as is BTW Schneider from 20@committee....

BTW...the basis for the 17 reports was a total of 137 memos from his field sources...someone I know from that business world indicated that is massive for Russia and reflects research that went on far longer.... actually appears to have been started before Trump was even in the race....

REMEMBER if Schneider is correct and I am assuming he is mirroring for the current CI intel world...then Trump has bee in the cross hairs of CI for going on 30 years...
    Azor...this is just how badly those in the US have forgotten the good ole Soviet days which was say only 36 years ago....AND believe me the those listening and video recording devices stayed in place after say 1991 and the Wall coming down....they just got smaller...lighter and more powerful....the Berlin MfS Stasi Headquarters museum has a large number of such devices on display from that period...

The New York Times

@nytimes
    For decades, hotels across the former Soviet Union were equipped with bugging devices and cameras by the KGB
    http://nyti.ms/2ipQAOG

Even the camping grounds that I stayed at during two camping trips for over 12 weeks to the Soviet Union in the early 70s had KGB personnel running them and observing everything and I even found a old style bug in one of the electrical outlets in a room I was booked into by the GDR Intertour...in those days it was the electrical outlets and the table and ceiling lights one had to worry about....

I had a West Berlin business friend doing business in the SU in those days...was an engineer for Varta the battery maker who had sold a production line into the SU...when he was in Moscow for business meetings he demanded his Russian counterpart get into a running shower with him to discuss business info or engineering info that is how bad it was in 1983....
    Last edited by OUTLAW 09; 01-13-2017 at 10:13 AM.

Council Member

Wonder if Trump and his entire team remember this from 1991.....????

On Jan 13, 1991 Soviet tanks rolled in Vilnius and 14 bright souls lost lives as brave people of Lithuania defended their right to be free

Council Member

SO is the American media and the American people getting a "massive snow job" during the Trump nominee confirmation hearings...APPEARS we are.....

Important statements from Mattis but Spicer says, "at the end of day, each one of them is going to pursue a Trump agenda and a Trump vision".

So SoS and SecDef and future CIA Director are hard on Russia BUT Trump is Putin friendly.....

SO will they walk if called out and must change their state views because of the Trump proRussian tilt...

87 US tanks and troops in Poland are a threat, #Russia says.

How many Russian tanks are in Ukraine, BTW?
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-38592448#

Russian tanks in eastern Ukraine....over 800

BUT WAIT...the new Trump Chief of Staff Preibus stated...they can have their opinions but Trump sets the agenda and vision....WHICH is for his friend Putin ....the lifting of Crimea sanctions and working together in Syria with Assad is again exactly not what the SoS..SecDef and CIA Director stated this week.....in full public and in front of TV cameras.

Council Member

Telling is it not......Trump and his staff stated they expect over 20M people to come..not so sure just how they all play to fit in 200 buses......

200 buses have applied for city parking on Inauguration Day. 1,200 have applied for the Women’s March.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...womens-march/#

AND the Women's March is in protest to Trump and his staff often stated anti woman policies.....

Council Member

Eager to please Trump, Fox sounds like RT:
    "Thousands of U.S. troops crept up on Russia's doorstep" - are you on Russia's side, @FoxNews???

AT least they did not copy RT on the statement that there were hundreds of US tanks sent as well.....ALL 76 of them....

APPEARS that Fox did not take the time to fact check exactly how many troops a ABCT has ...max 3600...NOT thousands ...AND BTW this is just a speed bump....WHILE Russia Today was stating this the Russian Mod announced the creation of the Soviet days...1st Tank Army basing it directly at the Polish border region.....a FULL Russian tank army against a single ABCT....and the ABCT is a threat?????
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by OUTLAW 09; 01-13-2017 at 10:42 AM.