Quote Originally Posted by davidbfpo View Post
This is the Syria in 2017 thread, it is not appropriate to engage in a wider political awareness exchange - notably about President Trump. A number of recent posts have been deleted and if I have time others will be too.

The ToR for the Forum are quite clear this is not a politics at home arena. We cannot avoid politics, but we can avoid what appears to be partisan politics. It may interest some, especially as the news content may not be seen by readers via their usual sources. It may also turn off readers too, who can find that news and debate elsewhere.

Earlier this year the Forum tried to have a debate with a thread elsewhere, that experiment failed and the thread was closed. See:http://council.smallwarsjournal.com/...=24661&page=31
Thank you, David. I, for one, am not going to argue that the current President is my ideal. Having said that, it does read as though any action or inaction of his is being completely politicized. It is enough that laypeople with no understanding of conflict or history are now budding Kremlinogists and Bomb Damage Assessors.

There is quite enough partisan politics on Twitter, Disqus and Facebook plugin. I'd sooner discuss the course of the war in question.