Page 82 of 106 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,640 of 2113

Thread: Syria in 2017 (January-April)

Council Member

On main weekly news prog on Rus state TV, presenter Dmitry Kiselev says America is basically "fighting on the side of terrorists" in Syria

WELL at least the accused Obama of creating IS for years.....

Council Member

Prominent Trump supporter tweeted about the attack an hour before the attack

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2017/4...ore-the-attack

Just days after Donald Trump Jr. suggested he be given a Pulitzer Prize, Cernovich tweeted, “Sources telling me U.S. attack in Syria planned for tonight, we must stop! #NoMoreWar,” at 7:40 pm Eastern time, an hour and a half before NBC News broke the news of the airstrike.

HE THEN started retweeting the Russian propaganda twitter hashtag....#Syrianhoax which began first from a proAssad twitter source...

SO who leaked this classified event?????
    Last edited by OUTLAW 09; 04-09-2017 at 06:58 PM.

Council Member

SNHR doc. 167 attacks using a #toxic substance since the first #UN resolution in Sep 2013
    http://goo.gl/DyBGkR

Council Member

Default To Outlaw 09 RE: Syria

Quote Originally Posted by OUTLAW 09

1. a no fly zone in Syria will actually work..if approached this way ....damage all Syrian AF planes and copters...why copters...they are doing the heavy lifting on barrel bombings.....THEN it will be apparent to the world if Russia continues to fly sorties and drop cluster incendiary munitions or bunker busters as they will be literally the only ones flying...right now the RuAF just mingles in with the Syrian AF and you from the ground cannot clearly ID who is flying the strike mission...
    What happens when Russia ignores the No-Fly Zone? What happens when air defense systems are deployed around the zone and begin creeping in?

2. Flowcharts are necessary simply because until every single person fully understands information warfare and how it is being successfully used against the US and Europe....this chart is not going away anytime soon...
    Are you referring to politics? Remember when Lincoln and Churchill had to politicize their war efforts? Remember when they needed victories? Remember the endless flak Obama received over his “red line”? Remember how no foreign government distinguished between “calculus” and action?

Do you think that Obama didn’t politicize defense and foreign policy? What else was he doing with regard to Egypt and Libya? Where was he when “spring” changed to “winter”?

3. Do not disagree on the BDA as I have posted enough to confirm CrowBat's assessment....I simply state....a wasted 59 TLAMs in order to make Trump appear to be "strong"....AND it definitely did not slow down the RuAF and Syrian AF air ops...

IF you launch a 59 missile strike THEN you should have a far better "follow on affects" for the mission....that strike was not "cheap".....

BUT this damage alone did not stop the Russian and Assad from unleashing a massive incendiary cluster munitions strike against anything that literally moved yesterday...MAKING a farce out of Trump's single TLAM strike.
    3(a) CrowBat stated that the SyAAF received a “severe blow” and that Russia was embarrassed by its inability or unwillingness to contest the strike. He is no fan of Trump to be sure. Yet here you are referring to the strike as a “waste” and a “farce”.

3(b) The airstrike was clearly a punishment in response to Assad’s use of CWs, particularly of the Schedule I variety i.e. Sarin. It was neither a grounding of the SyAAF nor a punishment for the use of cluster munitions or incendiaries.

3(c) Tomahawks were clearly used in place of aircraft in order to respond quickly and effectively as well as to prevent the potential loss of American life. Would you have preferred an attack by F/A-18s? Or a roundtrip mission by B-2s?

4. Azor....here is the problem with your comment on 4...the Russians were in fact on the same base and believe me when it comes to CWs the GRU is well informed of where they are and who is controlling them...especially if their troops are collocated near to CWs....

Russia "not knowing" is like arguing you are not pregnant but in the sixth month and it shows...
    I don’t disagree that Russia knew of their existence, but Sarin hasn’t been used since August 2013. Do you think that Russia approved the use of Sarin?

5. I harp on Steele because right now a full 80% of the report has in fact been verified
    The only portion of the “Dossier” that was new and interesting was the allegation that Russia had evidence of Trump using the services of prostitutes and engaging in sexual acts that most people would find depraved i.e. a sex tape. The remainder of the “Dossier” was a rehash of prior allegations that had been made throughout the campaign. So where is the sex tape?

Again, Steele knew of a Russian plot so cunning and so secretive that it was run from the Presidential Administration rather than the SVR. It was so secret that only Putin, a handful of his aides, Estonian and Czech intelligence and dozens of low-level Russian businessmen knew about it. And now Trump has become a double-agent!

Sarin was used simply because Assad assumed he could get away with it…if one takes the ever increasing chlorine attacks that the UNSC could not even agree on...who is going to worry about the use of sarin...
    Yet you imply that Russia approved its use after almost four years. Why? Chlorine is troublesome because it is comparatively easy to produce, and has been used by Daesh and other Salafi Jihadi militant groups in Syria, making attribution difficult. The use of Sarin points to Assad, and indicates that either he held back some of his stockpile or began producing it again. If anything was going to provoke an American reaction, it was the use of Sarin.

We will be fighting Salafi jihadism, in various forms, for many decades to come. But it will eventually burn out…It's INCREDIBLY difficult to defeat an idea with bullets. It will burn out but it's gonna take time, patience, and commitment.
    Ever heard of the “30% solution”? It worked to defeat the ideas of a Europe united under the Habsburgs and the Papacy, separate American slave states, the House of Romanov and the Third Reich.

SO did the US DoS just fully admit that the US is coordinating with Syria against IS???
    How else would it respond to accusations that the strike is part of regime change? The very fact that there is de-confliction between Coalition and Syrian forces is evidence of coordination.

Most European leaders view this as a long term state security and police effort...
    Which they plan to do on European soil, rather than in the Muslim world.

Last time I visited the Sacré-Coeur, it was a no-go for European women, unless they wanted to be harassed ceaselessly. But at least you could visit it. By the end of the “long term state security and police effort”, I doubt that it will be left standing.

The Western Europeans have struggled so hard to avoid war, and yet they have invited it in whilst trying to be generous and peaceable. Oh well. Strip Europe of its “Others”, and it merely turns upon itself. I'm not sure which is worse...

Lastly, you refer to "second and third effects", during your discussion of the Shayrat airstrike as a waste, implying that the continued air operations targeting civilians and/or using indiscriminate weapons in civilian areas, demonstrates the failure of the mission i.e. that it did not make a difference.

But you personally know how frustrating this new Thirty Years War can be. After all, I doubt that you're worried about some Vietnamese or Russian agent darkening your doorstep. Few if any of your comrades do, which is why I am surprised that you bought into Chris Steele's story about having to flee without feeding his cat or what have you...

You made a great sacrifice, and continue to make it. For all of your care, you must still worry. I can't imagine what it is like to have undergone that and then seen Daesh grow from a few hundred to a few hundred thousand fighters, if the Peshmerga estimates can be believed.

But the U.S. leadership must be cold and calculating. I think of the 20th Century's strategic genius, and despite my admiration, I know personally, the lives he ground under: the exiles who found under the British flag, brilliant commanders such as Wavell, the unwitting young men at Crete and Dieppe, the people of Coventry and Singapore. Yet he won more than he lost, and he grasped the bigger picture, despite his bloody blunders. This is to say nothing of his pre-war fiascoes...

Like it or not, Obama didn't grasp it. Neither did Hillary. I don't know if Trump truly does, but he may. I do know that no American president has grasped it since the elder Bush. As Jack Ryan said in The Hunt for Red October: "give the man a chance".

Default Operation Euphrates Shield: A postmortem

A commentary by a Turkish author (not resident in Turkey); which starts with:
    A precursory postmortem of the vaunted military campaign raises a number of questions, including what caused its termination and why it was not reported immediately? The answers lead one to wonder what comes next.

(Later it is very direct) With such a poor record, there was no compelling reason from a military perspective for Moscow or Washington to replace the Syrian Kurds on the ground with the Turks from the north.
    Link:http://www.al-monitor.com/pulse/orig...-in-syria.html
    davidbfpo

Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by Azor View Post
    What happens when Russia ignores the No-Fly Zone? What happens when air defense systems are deployed around the zone and begin creeping in?

Are you referring to politics? Remember when Lincoln and Churchill had to politicize their war efforts? Remember when they needed victories? Remember the endless flak Obama received over his “red line”? Remember how no foreign government distinguished between “calculus” and action?

Do you think that Obama didn’t politicize defense and foreign policy? What else was he doing with regard to Egypt and Libya? Where was he when “spring” changed to “winter”?

3(a) CrowBat stated that the SyAAF received a “severe blow” and that Russia was embarrassed by its inability or unwillingness to contest the strike. He is no fan of Trump to be sure. Yet here you are referring to the strike as a “waste” and a “farce”.

3(b) The airstrike was clearly a punishment in response to Assad’s use of CWs, particularly of the Schedule I variety i.e. Sarin. It was neither a grounding of the SyAAF nor a punishment for the use of cluster munitions or incendiaries.

3(c) Tomahawks were clearly used in place of aircraft in order to respond quickly and effectively as well as to prevent the potential loss of American life. Would you have preferred an attack by F/A-18s? Or a roundtrip mission by B-2s?

I don’t disagree that Russia knew of their existence, but Sarin hasn’t been used since August 2013. Do you think that Russia approved the use of Sarin?

The only portion of the “Dossier” that was new and interesting was the allegation that Russia had evidence of Trump using the services of prostitutes and engaging in sexual acts that most people would find depraved i.e. a sex tape. The remainder of the “Dossier” was a rehash of prior allegations that had been made throughout the campaign. So where is the sex tape?

Again, Steele knew of a Russian plot so cunning and so secretive that it was run from the Presidential Administration rather than the SVR. It was so secret that only Putin, a handful of his aides, Estonian and Czech intelligence and dozens of low-level Russian businessmen knew about it. And now Trump has become a double-agent!

Yet you imply that Russia approved its use after almost four years. Why? Chlorine is troublesome because it is comparatively easy to produce, and has been used by Daesh and other Salafi Jihadi militant groups in Syria, making attribution difficult. The use of Sarin points to Assad, and indicates that either he held back some of his stockpile or began producing it again. If anything was going to provoke an American reaction, it was the use of Sarin.

Ever heard of the “30% solution”? It worked to defeat the ideas of a Europe united under the Habsburgs and the Papacy, separate American slave states, the House of Romanov and the Third Reich.

How else would it respond to accusations that the strike is part of regime change? The very fact that there is de-confliction between Coalition and Syrian forces is evidence of coordination.

Which they plan to do on European soil, rather than in the Muslim world.

Last time I visited the Sacré-Coeur, it was a no-go for European women, unless they wanted to be harassed ceaselessly. But at least you could visit it. By the end of the “long term state security and police effort”, I doubt that it will be left standing.

The Western Europeans have struggled so hard to avoid war, and yet they have invited it in whilst trying to be generous and peaceable. Oh well. Strip Europe of its “Others”, and it merely turns upon itself. I'm not sure which is worse...

Lastly, you refer to "second and third effects", during your discussion of the Shayrat airstrike as a waste, implying that the continued air operations targeting civilians and/or using indiscriminate weapons in civilian areas, demonstrates the failure of the mission i.e. that it did not make a difference.

But you personally know how frustrating this new Thirty Years War can be. After all, I doubt that you're worried about some Vietnamese or Russian agent darkening your doorstep. Few if any of your comrades do, which is why I am surprised that you bought into Chris Steele's story about having to flee without feeding his cat or what have you...

You made a great sacrifice, and continue to make it. For all of your care, you must still worry. I can't imagine what it is like to have undergone that and then seen Daesh grow from a few hundred to a few hundred thousand fighters, if the Peshmerga estimates can be believed.

But the U.S. leadership must be cold and calculating. I think of the 20th Century's strategic genius, and despite my admiration, I know personally, the lives he ground under: the exiles who found under the British flag, brilliant commanders such as Wavell, the unwitting young men at Crete and Dieppe, the people of Coventry and Singapore. Yet he won more than he lost, and he grasped the bigger picture, despite his bloody blunders. This is to say nothing of his pre-war fiascoes...

Like it or not, Obama didn't grasp it. Neither did Hillary. I don't know if Trump truly does, but he may. I do know that no American president has grasped it since the elder Bush. As Jack Ryan said in The Hunt for Red October: "give the man a chance".
    This answers the comments you made....

Donald J. Trump‏
    Verified account
    #@realDonaldTrump 10 Oct 2014
    Tens of millions of dollars in airstrikes had no impact because key leaders fled after hearing ON NEWS REPORTS the strikes were coming. DUMB

The New York Times‏
    Verified account
    Opinion: "President Trump does not share his predecessor’s reluctance to use force," Senator Tom Cotton writes
    "Air strike restored the US creditability"

BUT WAIT...........

In President Obama’s last year in office, the United States dropped 26,171 bombs in 7 countries.

Such "reluctance"

BUT WAIT AGAIN..we now have to fully competing alternative narratives about Assad....

Tillerson...he can stay and UNSC Ambassadors demand that he go.....

THAT was not the case under Obama.....

And all of that is now called Trump's ME FP??????
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by OUTLAW 09; 04-10-2017 at 04:06 AM.

Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by OUTLAW 09 View Post
    Background story on the worldwide hunt for Russian hackers in general...this particular arrest has not been signaled yet in western MSM but picked up in Russian MSM...looking for the Russian link....
    http://www.miamiherald.com/news/nati...141998499.html

Was actually surprised to see Russian reports of a Russian hacker arrested for US elections hacking....

LOCATED original Russian source....

First mentioned in this Russia twitter account
    Mikhail Golub‏#
    @golub
    Программист из Петербурга задержан в Испании по запросу США.
    Не хочет русский хакер отдыхать на Байкале

Actual referenced Russian media source.
    http://www.rosbalt.ru/world/2017/04/09/1606078.html

Article is in Russian.....
    Article is now being reported in English.....

Russian computer programmer arrested in Spain. RT claims authorities suspect connection to U.S. election hacking

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-sp...-idUSKBN17B0O2

Russian hacker Petr Levashov allegedly created virus used to help Trump win, per HK-based publication

THIS may in fact be key as there is solid evidence that the large scale bot nets that drove proTrump social messaging were controlled from a central point...the how has been the puzzle we are looking for....

The New York Times

@nytimes
    Spain Arrests Russian Thought to Be Kingpin of Computer Spam
    http://nyti.ms/2ogoS9W
    Last edited by OUTLAW 09; 04-10-2017 at 04:34 AM.

Council Member

Tillerson says the Trump administration's war on ISIS and al-Qaeda is "coordinated somewhat with the Syrian regime."

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/week-...677381#…

So exactly just how can you then toss him out when you claim you need to coordinate with him?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by OUTLAW 09 View Post
    This answers the comments you made....

Donald J. Trump‏
    Verified account
    #@realDonaldTrump 10 Oct 2014
    Tens of millions of dollars in airstrikes had no impact because key leaders fled after hearing ON NEWS REPORTS the strikes were coming. DUMB

The New York Times‏
    Verified account
    Opinion: "President Trump does not share his predecessor’s reluctance to use force," Senator Tom Cotton writes
    "Air strike restored the US creditability"

BUT WAIT...........

In President Obama’s last year in office, the United States dropped 26,171 bombs in 7 countries.

Such "reluctance"

BUT WAIT AGAIN..we now have to fully competing alternative narratives about Assad....

Tillerson...he can stay and UNSC Ambassadors demand that he go.....

THAT was not the case under Obama.....

And all of that is now called Trump's ME FP??????
    Tillerson isn't even going to meet with Putin in Moscow now?! Just cancel. Like saying you're going to the Vatican just to see the art.

BUT WAIT...that is apparently now the core Trump diplomacy????
    Last edited by OUTLAW 09; 04-10-2017 at 04:20 AM.

Council Member

Council Member

Increased rumblings of a coming rebel offensive against Jaish Khalid ibn al-Walid in the Yarmouk basin
    https://www.enabbaladi.net/archives/142001

León Sedov Brigade—a #Trotskyist group that fought in the Siege of #Aleppo, now an #FSA Levant Front subgroup w/ ~ 100 men

Council Member

This answers the comments you made...

...In President Obama’s last year in office, the United States dropped 26,171 bombs in 7 countries...

BUT WAIT AGAIN..we now have to fully competing alternative narratives about Assad...
    Actually copying and pasting Tweets from years ago doesn't answer my questions.

I'm fully cognizant of Obama's use of airpower in Iraq, Syria, Yemen, Somalia, Afghanistan, Pakistan and elsewhere. Yet Obama deliberately downplayed his "Overseas Contingencies Operations" because their focus on containment and attrition were completely at odds with his narrative about relations between the United States and the Muslim world: a story that he told both to the Muslims and the American electorate.

Obama lost credibility with his "red line", his "leading from behind" and his tolerance for provocations by China, Iran and Russia.

As for "competing narratives", you might want to consider how Obama's commanders - Breedlove and Harris - utterly slammed Moscow and Beijing, respectively, while Obama played "good cop". Putin and Assad are being put on notice but are also being given off-ramps.

I almost wish that you could be shown an alternative timeline wherein Clinton won the election and then disappoints you. For someone who renounced their citizenship, you sure are more concerned with politicizing American foreign policy than analyzing it. All that education and all that experience...What happened to your translations of social media reports that informed us before Reuters did? If I wanted uninformed opinions from The Guardian and CNN, I'm capable of using Google.

Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by Azor View Post
    Actually copying and pasting Tweets from years ago doesn't answer my questions.

I'm fully cognizant of Obama's use of airpower in Iraq, Syria, Yemen, Somalia, Afghanistan, Pakistan and elsewhere. Yet Obama deliberately downplayed his "Overseas Contingencies Operations" because their focus on containment and attrition were completely at odds with his narrative about relations between the United States and the Muslim world: a story that he told both to the Muslims and the American electorate.

Obama lost credibility with his "red line", his "leading from behind" and his tolerance for provocations by China, Iran and Russia.

As for "competing narratives", you might want to consider how Obama's commanders - Breedlove and Harris - utterly slammed Moscow and Beijing, respectively, while Obama played "good cop". Putin and Assad are being put on notice but are also being given off-ramps.

I almost wish that you could be shown an alternative timeline wherein Clinton won the election and then disappoints you. For someone who renounced their citizenship, you sure are more concerned with politicizing American foreign policy than analyzing it. All that education and all that experience...What happened to your translations of social media reports that informed us before Reuters did? If I wanted uninformed opinions from The Guardian and CNN, I'm capable of using Google.
    1. Concerning translations...am including more of MSM as a simple counterbalance to social media as it actually reinforces the social media side.
    Thereby actually reinforcing the social media side which lately is far better informed and their analysis is far better than the entire Trump WH....and is quicker than that of MSM in getting out the narrative.

2. BTW....I am not exactly sure "what off ramps" either Russia and are China have been offered?

I see a lot of threats by both Obama and now Trump and his merry WH band of brothers BUT then when it comes to moving the threat into reality....nothing...nada..nichts....

Even the TLAM strike was so well announced in advance ...even a blind and deaf Assad/Putin would have seen/heard it coming hundreds of miles away.....

Heck they got a full two day notice...and that is an "off ramp".

I gave up my citizenship not because I wanted to but because a government that claims to be democratic was in fact taken over by a white nationalist effort led to a large degree by a massive and still ongoing Russian influence operation coupled with very good hacking...

I did not walk away...my country walked away from me....follow me on the Russian info/cyber thread and you will see what I weave together from both the Russian info/cyber side and the US alt right IE white nationalist/white supremacist side and BTW I have voted in every election since 1964 and even in VN...but that did not stop Trump and his merry WH band of white nationalists did it?

I proved my loyalty time and time again but when it was sold out no one said a word did they...except complain that the so called "Russian connections with Trump was Fake News"...

Collusion and treason are very close together....most Americans cannot define those two words when asked about them.

Lately a bulk of my work here in Berlin is tracking....discovering and watching the Russian control over extensive botnets on the social media side via the darknet...WHY...go back and check the three key US States that tipped the Trump election in the Electoral College AND then take the open source research into those Russian botnets and then tell me there was not Russian support for Trump in those key States...

Then reread the interviews of many of his voters from those same States...to a person..."we distrust fully all US MSM and get our news and information from social media and blogsites".....

AND from our research and analysis we have learned a heck of a lot in just how those same botnets are also being used in spamming/phishing to gain information for further hacks...

We have been able to now fully visualize in real time those botnets and how they drive say a twitter hashtag or push a blogsite or Instagram messaging campaign....using self developed and freeware tools developed by many on the social media side...BTW that most IT companies in the US do not use as they do not see the connections between info warfare and cyber warfare.

I do not politicize...I simply let the ground reality talk for itself and then nudge it on for someone to either accept or reject depending on one's own personal biases....

I remember once watching a German TV station in 1968 carrying a camera report by a very well known German journalist who had been in the French Foreign Legion and who had fought in VN with the French...

That single video footage of a major battle was totally at odds with what US MSM stated on that battle......

A German friend then said...let the camera tell the story.....and what we are getting out of Syria from the rebel side is never making it into MSM reporting if you notice....why is that..BECAUSE it does not match the "official narrative"...that all Muslim's are jihadists....

I some ways I am by posting here far better informed on what is ongoing on the ground in Syria than Trump and his entire NSC....what I do not get is the SIGINT....but in the end HUMINT is far better at allowing you to "understand and see"....

BTW for example how much Russian new military equipment photos not seen outside of Russia have been posted on the Ukrainian thread....how much info on Russian Spetsnaz and their equipment has been posted on both the Ukraine and Syrian threads?

Your critique is valid but my answers and postings are just as valid...just from a different point of view than most Americans have...

BTW....you did see the article posted that YES even UK citizens will now be asked to reveal their smart phone contact lists...explain postings and give up all passwords for their social media accounts? (Added by Mod) https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/apr/09/uk-tourists-to-us-may-get-asked-to-hand-in-passwords-or-be-denied-entry?

WHAT does say a "white" UK citizen got to do with jihadists or being a Muslim?

BTW...this practice is ongoing now daily throughout the US being practiced by CBP and Immigration in all ports of entry into the US and practiced against non Muslim Americans......and if you do not give up your personal data you will sit for hours until you do....

AND that is democracy in action?

For me it is creping fascism with a smile...
    Last edited by davidbfpo; 04-10-2017 at 08:43 AM. Reason: Link & note added

Council Member

Azor...this story has definitely not made US MSM and why should it as most Americans do not even know what a Bitcoin is..

This open source analysis of a sudden Bitcoin flow between WikiLeaks and Russian IP addresses and individuals just right before the WikiLeaks Podesta data dump is an eye opener.....

Outside of social media and former intel analysts raising some serious red flags this story has gone nowhere....

EXTREMELY IMPORTANT.....reference Russian interference in the US election

Since November 2016, over 4,000 bitcoins have been trafficked through Wikileaks blockchain account.

Assange has 20 bitcoins in his blockchain right now. Find the rest of the money.

On November 18th, 92 bitcoins were transferred. 50 BTC went here:
    https://blockchain.info/address/1PJc...9tqTSH#…

Council Member

Azor...not sure you would agree with this comment but it is basically true since 2008....

Russia sees war as a legitimate instrument of policy and strat-com/disinfo/propaganda/state sponsored hacking are it's weapons of choice.

For West it is a last resort and the West is not even in a counter info/cyber warfare mode.

Therein lies the core problem when dealing with Putin...
    Last edited by OUTLAW 09; 04-10-2017 at 08:14 AM.

Council Member

Syria and Russia has still produced zero evidence they bombed a chemical weapons warehouse in Khan Sheikhoun, yet it's reported seriously.

Herein lies the effectiveness of Russian disinformation and propaganda....

Russia first claimed it was the fault of the rebels...THEN Assad absolutely did not do it all the while blocking any UNSC actions...only THEN to tell the German FM...hey we will help by the investigation JUST as they claimed to have helped in the investigation of their shot down of MH17...

Council Member

Azor...this goes to the heart of what I previously wrote....

THIS article is a "blast from the past"...go back and Google Scott Ritter from the pre invasion days of Iraq as he was part of the UN weapons inspection team....I knew him from then and he has never changed his "views" since then....

Scott Ritter's article on Khan Sheikhun proceeds on the basis of several statements that are unproven or false: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...8f0a02fca4d#…?

These following comments are raised by a well known AFP French journalist who has worked this area for years and she knows the ground reality from her constant reporting from the rebel side.

NOW watch to see if this article gets picked up and passed around US MSM outside of HP...

Her comments:

On what basis does he claim Syria government responsibility for the Ghouta attack is 'largely disproven'?

Where is the evidence that Obama held off attacking after Ghouta on the basis of intel concerns rather than escalation fears?

Claims that no independent documentation of chemical attack symptoms ignore presence of journalists at scene including from @AFP

Where is the evidence that international investigations have attributed 'majority' of chemical attacks in Syria to anti-regime forces?

Additionally the piece recycles uncritically and without evidence tropes including that the White Helmets are Al-Qaeda affiliated

It also is aghast at the notion that medics in anti-regime areas could provide samples but has no qualms apparently about Russia doing so.

Questions on why regime would launch such an attack, or the wisdom of such a sudden reversal of US policy are undermined by these points.

There are of course more technical questions on how sarin or other chemicals would respond if hit in a strike. See @DanKaszeta on that.

ACTUALLY if Scott Ritter had been following one of the best social media open source analysts IE @bellingcat who alone on his own did some of the finest 2013 sarin gas attack analysis Ritter would not have been writing what he did...

It was @bellingcat that conclusively proved the use of sarin and by Assad that was in the end even accepted by US intelligence as been valid and correct...

Council Member

So a rebel unit of 10-20 + one TOW can defend quite large front areas.
    Videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sepISPro8E#

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHwsAeTx1Bw#

Council Member

Interesting footage from #Helfaya.
    #Assad mostly sends militia group of 20-40 with one tank.
    WHEN the tank bites the dust, the troops run.

Hama Battle: Central Division #TOW strike vs firing 57 mm gun on #Khattab front.

Council Member

IMPORTANT...not confirmed by anyone yet...

Col. Hasuri, pilot of Su-22 operating in #Shayrat Airbase & who bombed Khan Sheikhoun with #Sarin reportedly assassinated.

WHO killed him is also not known...Trump...Putin...Assad....the rebels...Iran...who knows?

Asaad Hanna‏
    Verified account
    #@AsaadHannaa
    Breaking: the pilot Gen Mhmd Hasoury who made the chemical massacre in Khan Shaikhoun had been killed today by a bomb blast under his car
    Last edited by OUTLAW 09; 04-10-2017 at 09:07 AM.