Hi Marc !
Overall, I think this will be an exciting database. Not just for Anthro lessons, but folks with language backgrounds or merely those with a desire to know a little more than how to say 'Bravo Sierra' in 27 languages

I remain however skeptical.

As good as this DB promises to be, and more importantly the list of scholars that are or will be contributing to it, everyone is content with "Three Baltic states but only two Baltic Languages" placing Estonian under Finnish.

One couldn't be more off the mark. You would not only really PO the Estonians, but to some extent the (sober) Finns as well.

Estonian doesn't merely fall under the Finnic branch. Estonia share similarities, but also tends to borrow somewhat more from the Ugric branch. Primarily Hungarian - albeit very old Hungarian.

EDP asks: "How can I contribute to the EDP ? The data you contribute will be made freely available on this website exclusively for the purpose of cross-cultural research."

We may need to send Greg over much sooner and get this DB straight once and for all. It's already been 800 years, and time is a wasting

Regards, Stan