Page 30 of 53 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread: Russian Info, Cyber and Disinformation (Jan-June 2017).

Council Member

Anne Applebaum, Edward Lucas: The danger of Russian disinformation
    http://bit.ly/2pS0k8j

Council Member

This has been an interesting ongoing debate between @bellingcat and a MIT Professor who has been openly supporting the Russian version of the Assad sarin gas attack.....meaning it did not occur and or it was the "rebels"...

Another day, another error filled report from Ted Postol, this time attacking @hrw.

BTW in one of his comments he totally failed to correctly identify Russian bomb types which is the basis of reporting 101 on Syrian events....even with clear photos of those bombs...
    Last edited by OUTLAW 09; 05-09-2017 at 07:35 AM.

Council Member

It appears that the FBI is getting closer and closer to closing their investigations of Russian non linear warfare actions in the US election before and now afterwards....

This particular journalist on twitter has been calling every Russian/Trump connection development with the accuracy of a Swiss clock......

Claude Taylor‏#@TrueFactsStated 9h
    9 hours ago
    Right now evidence of crimes is being presented to grand juries, intercepts are being played, banking records shown. It's happening now.

Claude Taylor‏#@TrueFactsStated 6h
    6 hours ago
    Does anyone want to hear about Comey's busy day? Stand by...

Claude Taylor‏#@TrueFactsStated 5h
    5 hours ago
    I'm going to try this one more time. I will admit to a slight case of sleep deprivation-but this is on me. James Comey was at EDVA in 1)

Claude Taylor‏#@TrueFactsStated 5h
    5 hours ago
    in Alexandria-I mistakenly said Arlington. 2/2. I'm going to quit while I'm, ahead. Or behind. But he was at EDVA, in Alexandria at 8:00am.

This is a formal FBI SCIF where highly classified materials can be read and listened to.

Claude Taylor‏#@TrueFactsStated 4h
    4 hours ago
    If you were in Cleveland last summer and spoke with Ambassador Kisylak-you were legally surveilled. The question is-what did you say?

Council Member

Olga_Lautman NYC #
    @olgaNYC1211
    Trump has had dealings with the Russian mob for over 3 decades. Many Russians laundered money through his properties world wide

Olga_Lautman NYC #
    ‏#@olgaNYC1211 4h
    4 hours ago
    This #TrumpRussia Plot Is So Simple Yet MSM and the Government Are Going In Circles and Misleading The American People!! Why??

Olga_Lautman NYC ✨ @olgaNYC1211
    The Russians operate in a very simple way and almost always use the same methods. They offer lots of illegal black money and then use blackmail

Claude Taylor‏#@TrueFactsStated 4h
    4 hours ago
    Listen to Olga. No one on Twitter knows more about the nexus between Trump and the Russian mob than she does. No one.

BTW..every allegation she has made has been proven to be true....so her understanding of the Russian mob and their activities in the US are quite interesting.

AND ties into an article that I had previously posted here in the Russian mob activities in Europe...especially in the realm of hacking and info warfare.

Council Member

The alt-right, 4chan & bots. Some of mine & @mwendling 's favourite topics of discussion -
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-trending-39845105#

"Sputnik French emphasized Le Pen would likely win two voting districts. The fact Macron would take the other 99 came in paragraph 4."

Sputnik French is a 300% Russian owned propaganda outlet...

Council Member

OTD 10 yrs ago Estonia experienced the culmination of massive, debilitating DDOS attacks, the 1st use of cyber as Clausewitzean "war as... ...continuation of policy by other means". Thus Estonia enjoys the privilege that all histories of "Cyberwar" begin with 9 May 2007.

At #SASC hearing, Adm Rogers said he’s seen no slowing of #Russia #cyberattacks, yet we still have no policy to defeat & deter cyber threats

Council Member

DFR Lab

@DFRLab
    #Russia's state TV made parody into #propaganda claiming an Su-24 jammed the USS Donald Cook.
    https://medium.com/dfrlab/russias-fa...-4ce9dbbc57f8#

Council Member

EU Mythbusters

@EUvsDisinfo
    Don't miss Part 1 of a field guide to fake news by @PublicDataLab and @firstdraftnews
    https://fakenews.publicdatalab.org

US told France Russia was trying to hack its election
    http://fifthdomain.com/2017/05/09/us...ing-election/#
    #

Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by OUTLAW 09 View Post
    OTD 10 yrs ago Estonia experienced the culmination of massive, debilitating DDOS attacks, the 1st use of cyber as Clausewitzean "war as... ...continuation of policy by other means". Thus Estonia enjoys the privilege that all histories of "Cyberwar" begin with 9 May 2007.

At #SASC hearing, Adm Rogers said he’s seen no slowing of #Russia #cyberattacks, yet we still have no policy to defeat & deter cyber threats
    @eslas examines Kremlin narratives about #Estonia a decade after Russia’s first cyberwarfare campaign
    https://goo.gl/Xq7nLV# #CEPAStratCom

Council Member

Graphic showing how fake news from Russian media is repeated and boosted by mainstream British tabloids
    https://medium.com/dfrlab/russias-fa...-4ce9dbbc57f8#
    Attached Images Attached Images

Council Member

My latest: in #Bulgaria, pro-Russian propaganda, meant for domestic purposes, is less Russian than you might think

https://codastory.com/disinformation...an-propaganda#

Council Member

IMPORTANT.....why is he given WH press access when it is known what his roll was in the information war being pushed by the Russian GRU hacking team, Wikileaks AND us alt right ie white nationalists in the French election and the hacking of the new French President Marcon....

I have posted a number of previous comments on this individual.....

A far-right online activist who amplified Macron hacks has been given White House press access
    http://reut.rs/2r1JZf1

A U.S. far-right online activist credited with initially sharing on Twitter hacked emails from the French presidential campaign of centrist Emmanuel Macron is the latest
    conservative media figure to receive White House access from the Trump administration.
    Jack Posobiec, a Washington-based writer at the Rebel Media, a Canadian online political and social news commentary platform, attended the daily press briefing on Tuesday and later broadcast video from the White House grounds with positive commentary on President Donald Trump's abrupt firing of FBI Director James Comey.
    Posobiec told Reuters he first obtained temporary White House credentials in early April, but he has submitted a request for a permanent pass. The White House did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
    Cyber security experts, minority party Democrats and some U.S. intelligence officials have grown more concerned since the leak of Macron's emails about potential connections between Russian organizations, including its spy agencies, and far-right media figures in the United States who they suspect played a role in Russian efforts to influence elections.
    APPEARS Trump WH does not seem to care about the connections....
    Last edited by OUTLAW 09; 05-11-2017 at 07:49 AM.

Council Member

This individual I have posted on previously...a US based proRussian troll who pushed the "pizzagate" conspiracy myth that Clinton was running a pedaphil ring out of a DC pizza shop which was pushed by Alex Jones from Infowars and even made the Brietbart.com blogsite....

He then moved on to push the Russian troll line that the Assad sarin gas attacks was done by Syrian rebels not Assad under the hashtag #syrianhoax

Now he is pushing that Obama and Rice deliberately "unmasked" his name in a NSA surveillance.....

REMEMBER if the NSA is in fact legally monitoring Russian spies and an American citizen is talking with that Russian spy...THEY will be monitored as well...so maybe one should him why he was talking to a Russian spy in the first place??

.@Cernovich: "[former USAG Susan Rice] unmasked me, Alex Jones and Sean Hannity"

There are indications that both Jones and Hannity did in fact talk often to the US Russian Ambassador...why I am not sure.....
    Last edited by OUTLAW 09; 05-11-2017 at 02:04 PM.

Council Member

DNI Dan Coats says cyberspace and social media have upped Russia's interference game "to the point where it's having significant impact"

Sputnik the 1000% owned Russian government propaganda outlet digs out the old, familiar tools to push back on claims of Russian involvement in the Macron leaks...

Council Member

BREAKING: Acting FBI director says Comey had broad support in the FBI _ contradicting White House claims

McCabe: The FBI considers the Russia investigation to be a "highly significant investigation."

Council Member

BREAKING: Legal Shock & Awe.

Source in legal community reports large number of Warrants from Eastern District of Virginia being executed by the FBI.

Source reports frenzy of activity inside the EDVA, large number of Federal Agents, US Marshals.

More BREAKING. The basement of the EDVA was described as resembling a "judicial Armada" with a dozen or more FBI and US Marshals vans.

The battle of countering Russian cyber and information warfare clearly employed by Russia in its political war directed against the US..has been finally joined.
    Last edited by OUTLAW 09; 05-11-2017 at 06:13 PM.

Council Member

EXCLUSIVE: RICO case being pursued against @GOP and @Reince45 over Russian money laundering used to support the 2016 election

Several separate sources with links to the intelligence communities of more than one nation, and with links within the US state and federal justice systems, have outlined evidence that exists against multiple men in the line of succession to the US Presidency, as it relates to Russia’s hack on America. I can also exclusively report# a RICO case is being considered against the Republican party for laundering Russian money.
    Last edited by OUTLAW 09; 05-11-2017 at 06:58 PM.

Council Member

BREAKING: Legal Shock & Awe.

Source in legal community reports large number of Warrants from Eastern District of Virginia being executed by the FBI.

Source reports frenzy of activity inside the EDVA, large number of Federal Agents, US Marshals.

More BREAKING. The basement of the EDVA was described as resembling a "judicial Armada" with a dozen or more FBI and US Marshals vans.

The battle of countering Russian cyber and information warfare clearly employed by Russia in its political war directed against the US..has been finally joined.
    Developing: FBI confirms agents are executing a search warrant at the office of GOP Fundraiser/Consulting firm in Annapolis

MORE: I'm told the name of the GOP firm that was served with Warrant in Annapolis is Strategic Campaign Group.
    http://www.strategiccampaigngroup.com

FBI investigation of GOP fundraising firm in Annapolis is run out of Washington, not a local case

I can confirm with 100% the US Marshals are assisting FBI

I work near the court. Seems to be some extra activity.

Dep. AG Rosenstein & DOJ NatSec Div Chief Boente meeting now with @MarkWarner & @SenatorBurr in secure senate SCIF now

APPEARS the FBI is not in the turmoil that Trump says they are....

Trump said he planned to fire Comey regardless of DOJ reco. Question: did he mislead @VP @SarahHuckabee who said DOJ initiated Comey firing?

WSJ: Rosenstein pressed White House to correct the record on Comey firing
    https://www.wsj.com/articles/rosenst...523639#…

In his letter to #Trump: "#Rosenstein never expressly recommended that Mr. #Comey be fired"

.@SarahHuckabee account is false. POTUS letter to Comey said: "I have accepted the recommendation" of AG and Dep AG to fire him.

.@JoeNBC: POTUS just admitted he called the FBI director "to get an update on the status of a possible criminal investigation against him."
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by OUTLAW 09; 05-11-2017 at 07:03 PM.

Council Member

This Is How Russia Implants ‘Alternative Facts’ Over Europe:
    http://en.hromadske.ua/posts/this-is...s-over-europe#

Council Member

Developing: FBI confirms agents are executing a search warrant at the office of GOP Fundraiser/Consulting firm in Annapolis

MORE: I'm told the name of the GOP firm that was served with Warrant in Annapolis is Strategic Campaign Group.
    http://www.strategiccampaigngroup.com

FBI investigation of GOP fundraising firm in Annapolis is run out of Washington, not a local case

I can confirm with 100% the US Marshals are assisting FBI

I work near the court. Seems to be some extra activity.

Dep. AG Rosenstein & DOJ NatSec Div Chief Boente meeting now with @MarkWarner & @SenatorBurr in secure senate SCIF now

APPEARS the FBI is not in the turmoil that Trump says they are....

Trump said he planned to fire Comey regardless of DOJ reco. Question: did he mislead @VP @SarahHuckabee who said DOJ initiated Comey firing?

WSJ: Rosenstein pressed White House to correct the record on Comey firing
    https://www.wsj.com/articles/rosenst...g-1494523639#…

In his letter to #Trump: "#Rosenstein never expressly recommended that Mr. #Comey be fired"

.@SarahHuckabee account is false. POTUS letter to Comey said: "I have accepted the recommendation" of AG and Dep AG to fire him.

.@JoeNBC: POTUS just admitted he called the FBI director "to get an update on the status of a possible criminal investigation against him."
    Interesting WH comment now...totally contradicts all their previous statements....

(CNN)The White House said Thursday that removing FBI Director James Comey from his post may hasten the agency's investigation into Russian meddling.
    "We want this to come to its conclusion, we want it to come to its conclusion with integrity," said deputy press secretary Sarah Sanders, referring to the FBI's probe into Moscow's interference in last year's election. "And we think that we've actually, by removing Director Comey, taken steps to make that happen."

The statement was a surprising admission from the White House that Comey's sudden dismissal on Tuesday may have an effect on the Russia probe.