Page 48 of 53 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast

Thread: Russian Info, Cyber and Disinformation (Jan-June 2017).

Council Member

Right now it is interesting to see a massive twitter bot storm against anti Trump accounts that have been carrying actually quite accurate Russian Trump information breaking verified by MSM stories long before MSM.....

These bots only "suddenly" appeared in the last five days and equal what we see as spamming on the email side.....

NOW we are seeing that some conservative pundits on say MSNBC who claim one thing on their resumes turn out to have a totally different resume when social media digs into their pasts....and they push stories that make no sense and only contribute to a form of "chatter" that deflects from the actual Russin Trump investigation.....

So now outside of FAKE bots one has to contend with FAKE humans....interesting times......

But Nance is a lunatic with ZERO background in Russia. Hence this utter craziness.

MSNBC’s Nance: Maybe Kushner Planned to Send the Nuclear Codes to Russia
    ‘What did he intend to transmit?
    https://news.grabien.com/story-msnbc...r-codes-russia

MSNBC Terrorism “Expert”: I Know the FBI Spy Catchers Who Took Down ‘Victor Davis Hanson’

Posted by Mark Finkelstein ## Saturday, November 5, 2016 at 2:30pm
    Leading Conservative Intellectual Hanson’s No Spy: MSNBC Expert Presumably Had Robert Philip Hanssen in Mind
    http://legalinsurrection.com/2016/11...-davis-hanson/

How totally clueless is Nance about Russians and CI?

Social media open source then jumped ich.... What's your connection to Oleg Deripaska? Be very careful with your answer, Malcom. PS: I know about Iraq.

BTW..he claims to have been a retired "naval officer" BUT he retired a Senior Chief (E8)...

Council Member

Reddit data "may have been harvested ... to match up Reddit users w/ their voter registration records."
    http://gizmodo.com/gop-data-firm-acc...modo_twitter#…

THIS is being tied to the two US big data companies based in UK SCL and Cambridge Analytica both previously owned by the Trump advisor Bannon now owned by a massive Trump supporter billionaire Mercer...

They also "harvested" unknown to Twitter and FB all of their US user data as well...

Council Member

This is a huge story, potentially connecting the hacking of state voter rolls to data used by the Trump campaign.
    http://time.com/4828306/russian-hack...rivate-data/#…

Council Member

From a retired and highly regarded former NSA CI field agent....

FYI @webradius is a traitor, works for the Russians, fake oppo -- IC has all the evidence, I've seen it. Block.

We are seeing far more of this "so called opposition to Trump" revealing themselves as hardcore Russian bots.....

All an attempt to deflect those that oppose Trump from their open source analysis/research and then to discredit their work....

Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by OUTLAW 09 View Post
    MSNBC Terrorism “Expert”: I Know the FBI Spy Catchers Who Took Down ‘Victor Davis Hanson’

Posted by Mark Finkelstein ## Saturday, November 5, 2016 at 2:30pm
    Leading Conservative Intellectual Hanson’s No Spy: MSNBC Expert Presumably Had Robert Philip Hanssen in Mind
    http://legalinsurrection.com/2016/11...-davis-hanson/

How totally clueless is Nance about Russians and CI?

Social media open source then jumped ich.... What's your connection to Oleg Deripaska? Be very careful with your answer, Malcom. PS: I know about Iraq.

BTW..he claims to have been a retired "naval officer" BUT he retired a Senior Chief (E8)...
    WHAT is interesting is that MSNBC could have checked as well his resume but did not "trusting" his resume...THEN goes silent when social media points out the resume mistakes and lies.....

MSNBC tends right now to play both sides of the Russian Trump investigation..just why they do that is strange...
    Last edited by davidbfpo; 06-23-2017 at 08:36 AM. Reason: brevity

Council Member

Interestingly even well known US conservative social media commenters seem to support "FAKE" people......

Tom Nichols‏
    @RadioFreeTom
    She's become the Death Blossom of crazy accusations

He was referring to this social media comment from this social media journalist who has been virtually 300% correct with every single article she posts....which usually means 2 to 3 weeks later one of the US MSM confirms her story......

Louise Mensch‏
    @LouiseMensch

Ah the "expertise" of @MalcomNance, @20committee. Bet your fluent Russian and 20 years service in @nsagov pale in comparison, eh? #FAIL

The response to Tom Nichols

John Schindler‏
    #@20committee

John Schindler hat Tom Nichols retweetet
    Except she happens to be 100% correct here.

You honesty think that the US IC is run by enlisted personnel????

What's happening Malcolm Nance is throwing down right now. His faction vs Schindler faction I don't know who I can trust haaaaaalp

John Schindler‏
    #@20committee You know what's actually uncool?
    Fake experts and Kremlin provocateurs.

Nance was a linguist chasing dirty 22yr olds in a desert... John dealt with KGB, UDBA, and other intel services. Choose wisely

WHY do I post this series...because right now there is a massive deflection op underway to provide Trump positive flanking support on social media with a massive trolling of those who have been consistent critics of Trump with facts and information not the comments of pundits....and trolling disinformation proTrump and proRussian bots and botnets....

This Russian non linear cyber and info warfare support for Trump is interesting to watch and track....and reflects a still ongoing Russian influence operation ALLUDED to by several current and former IC officials and the Asst FBI Director yesterday....

The use of so called "US experts" and "US pundits" to shape a proTrump propaganda narrative is taking this Russia influence operation to a new and different level....

IMHO I have not seen this many doctored resumes on a number of people either "MSM pundits" and or Trump WH advisors....as in the last six months....it seems they are coming out from under the rocks and that alone is strange.....

John Schindler‏
    Verifizierter Account
    #@20committee

I ran #NSA's Russian CI program. I object to an enlisted nobody calling me a Kremlin agent. If you want Trump out stay focused and do not allow distractions.

Reference this so called "expert pundit on spying" being used by MSNBC..check attached image.

I have myself worked on the Berlin "war on the invisible front for over 20 years" but would never state I am an expert...do I understand the Russian influence and hacking ops.....hell yes as they areno different than what they were running in the 80/90s just with social media and high tech.....

AND if people really want to see a Spy Museumbut I am not on MSNBC then visit the HQs of Mielke who was in charge of the GDR Stasi here in Berlin..now he was a spy first class....well worth it and something Nance does not understand as he served in Iraq....

AND I can match Nance for his Iraq work but he was not in Abu Ghraib with me nor in Baqubah, Diyala Province....and I am not on MSNBC nor would I want to be....
    Last edited by davidbfpo; 06-23-2017 at 08:39 AM. Reason: brevity

Council Member

This individual twitter account is interesting to follow as he attempted to show that the actual voting was influenced by Russian hacking....he was attempting to push the entire social media anti Trump discussion into the narrative the voting was actually changed when the US IC has repeatedly stated they see nothing of this BUT they do see data being hacked and exfiltrated from databases....and or possibly changed or altered but on change of actual votes.

This was then exposed as a diversion attempt when proTrump social media types started pointing just how fake his work was and used that to attempt to discredit the entire anti Trump movement on social media...

I had posted some of his comments on the Trump thread but when digging deeper the following is being seen.....

Goldfarb uses pronoun "he" in 2014, once in 2014, next use? OH LOOK. 8 Nov 2016. Dormant account.

Actual account was created in 2010 and then nothing until 2014 used twice and in 2015 used once and then silence until the election....

SIDE comment...the account is fake..if someone comments on the Red Socks then...
    No real Red Sox fan refers to trio as "Owners." B. None of his complaints -- made in offseason -- make sense and why no player names?

He was just making sure the account functioned that was all.....

This is what is being called "a cut out twitter account".....SO it begs the question JUST HOW FAR in advance did the Russian intel services start their US influence operation IF this particular account was setup in 2014????

That is a very valid question.....
    Last edited by davidbfpo; 06-23-2017 at 08:40 AM. Reason: brevity

Council Member

How pro-Kremlin and far-right Twitter amplifiers intersect in Germany ahead of the elections
    https://medium.com/dfrlab/the-kre
    mlins-amplifiers-in-germany-da62a836aa83#

We are now seeing the same proTrump alt right ie white nationalist social media accounts starting to get active and interfacing with Russian and German ultra right wing botnets.....cross pushing of social media anti Merkel and anti refugee comments bordering on racist....as well as anti EU comments....

The same US alt right ie white nationalist proTrump social media accounts that were very active in supporting Le Pen in the French election are turning up again......
    Attached Images Attached Images

Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by OUTLAW 09 View Post
    This Russia Bot update is brought to you by #MahRussia a subsidiary of /pol/
    https://avengersocial.wordpress.com/...neconartist/#…

Two names are mentioned here......BakedAlaska and MicroChip

These two names are playing an interesting part in the FBI investigation of the Trump Russian connections , Russian bots and Russian hacking..

I will post more on these two names later...
    Again this references the account BakedAlaska

Baked Baked and @jeffgiesea for the record, lads, do either of you guys know this man?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Council Member

DFR Lab

@DFRLab
    "Russia experts had begun to see a troubling pattern of propaganda in which fictitious news stories...proliferated across social-media"

Council Member

NEW: Under pressure, Western tech firms bow to Russian demands to share cyber secrets, @Reuters investigation finds
    http://www.reuters.com/article/us-us...idUSKBN19E0XB#

Under Pressure, Western Tech Firms Including Cisco and IBM Bow To Russian Demands To Share Cyber Secrets
    Last edited by OUTLAW 09; 06-23-2017 at 06:59 PM.

Council Member

Big Data: A Twenty-First Century Arms Race via @ACScowcroft:
    http://www.atlanticcouncil.org/event...ury-arms-race#

Council Member

Default Oliver Stone Defines Useful Idiot in ‘The Putin Interviews’

From Matthew Gault at War Is Boring: http://warisboring.com/oliver-stone-...in-interviews/

Introduction:

Russian Pres. Vladimir Putin is a charmer, and after four hours of Oliver Stone’s softball questions he drew me in. Here was a world leader with the calm, intelligence and presence of mind lacking in so many other leaders these days. To here Putin tell it, he cares about climate change, nuclear disarmament and peaceful relations with the West.

Russia’s president smiles when he’s supposed to, cracks all the right jokes and flatters Stone into submission. When Stone asks an easy question, Putin tells Stone he’s quite cunning and is forcing him to divulge too much. But, as with so much media about Russia, Stone’s much vaunted interview with Putin is equal parts smoke, mirrors and bull####.
    Putin makes the following claims that go unchallenged by Stone:

• The U.S. supported the Chechen insurgents during the 1990s (Stone cuts to their various terrorist atrocities, such as the school siege in Beslan)
    • There are no restrictions on homosexuality in Russia
    • Russia has hundreds of media companies that are not state-owned or controlled
    • Russia does not “interfere within the domestic affairs of other countries”

Given Stone’s adulation of Fidel Castro and Hugo Chavez, as well as his promotion of the conspiracy theory that the “military-industrial complex” assassinated Kennedy as part of a coup d’état, it is hard to take Stone seriously on politics and especially, foreign policy.

Council Member

Has Fox News become the new "Russia Today".....??

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...=.7ae3d996321a

Council Member

THIS is exactly how Russian black money moves especially via Malta.......

Cash Loans Czar's Maltese Tax Escape Plan
    https://theblacksea.eu/malta-files/a...x-escape-plan#

Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by Azor View Post
    From Matthew Gault at War Is Boring: http://warisboring.com/oliver-stone-...in-interviews/

Introduction:

Putin makes the following claims that go unchallenged by Stone:

• The U.S. supported the Chechen insurgents during the 1990s (Stone cuts to their various terrorist atrocities, such as the school siege in Beslan)
    • There are no restrictions on homosexuality in Russia
    • Russia has hundreds of media companies that are not state-owned or controlled
    • Russia does not “interfere within the domestic affairs of other countries”

Given Stone’s adulation of Fidel Castro and Hugo Chavez, as well as his promotion of the conspiracy theory that the “military-industrial complex” assassinated Kennedy as part of a coup d’état, it is hard to take Stone seriously on politics and especially, foreign policy.
    Interestingly enough a large number of "alt left" such as an Ed Schulz work now for the Russian propaganda media outlet and massively support Trump...

Money speaks a far better level of politics than mere words do....

Council Member

Ukrainian hackers UCA claimed responsibility for the hacked "DNR bank" website
    pic.twitter.com/ii4Xh7ZoDl
    https://liveuamap.com/en/2017/23-jun...nsibility-for#

Council Member

"Russian-language media warned Latvians that the Canadian military is filled with homosexuals and that Canadians cannot be trusted"

Council Member

Jonathan Kay
    On the tyranny of Twitter: How mob censure is changing the intellectual landscape

Without intending to, Twitter’s culture warriors have created a sort of crowdsourced ideological autocracy ― and paradoxically, it’s left-wingers who are often targets
    http://nationalpost.com/news/world/j...5-7f4e934c2afb

In a recent column titled Twitter is destroying America, American columnist Damon Linker complained that politics now “take[s] place in a context that can best be compared to a high school cafeteria — the largest, most raucous high school cafeteria in human history. At the centre of the room sit the popular crowd — the reporters, editors, and pundits who work for the most prestigious mainstream media outlets in the country. Everyone else in the room wants their approval and attention, including the right-wing trolls seated at the burnout table in the corner, and the geeks who toil away on public policy at universities and think tanks, and more ordinary scribblers like me, who write for slightly lesser-known magazines and websites.”

Council Member

Kremlin Trolls CI‏#
    @KremlinTrolls

As suspected, we do believe Olga is a active #TeamDeza member
    Andrea Chalupa
    Married Russian intelligence agents who run Kremlin front Intersection, are in DC tonight. And look who's doing the PR again

After above tweet was sent hundreds of Russian trolls spammed this account.....

Let me be totally clear on this. @IntersectionEN is a Kremlin front funded by Russia and headed by an FSB Russian agent of influence.