Thread: The Trump impact on US policy (July 2017 on)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Council Member

Trump Twitter Wars Continue: New Attack on MSNBC for Firing Greta Van Susteren

President Donald Trump has again lashed out at NBC, this time accusing the network of firing a conservative television personality he felt was more sympathetic to his views.

For the third day in a row, the president launched Twitter attacks Saturday against liberal news station MSNBC, calling out its parent companies NBC and Comcast for letting go former Fox News anchor Greta Van Susteren after less than six months on air.Trump claimed he had heard reports that Susteren was fired for refusing what he believes is a concerted effort by the network to smear his image and discredit his presidency.
    REMEMBER Trump really only listens to FOX News, Infowars, Breitbart.com and Drudge Reports..by his own statements....

OR to quote Trump......

‘I’m President and They’re Not’: Trump Attacks the Media

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/01/u...T.nav=top-news

The fake media is trying to silence us....But we will not let them. Because the people know the truth. The fake media tried to stop us from going to the White House. But I’m president and they’re not.
    Last edited by davidbfpo; 07-02-2017 at 10:49 AM. Reason: fix quote

Council Member

I am posting this Trump twitter rant series as they are the most perfect form of Russian propaganda use of the Russian 6Ds of propaganda I have seen him tweet in the last weeks...

Russian propaganda uses the concept of setting a "narrative" in this case FAKE NEWS MSM and FRAUD NEWS MSM.....

It is commonly known that if the "narrative" is repeated often enough then even well educated individuals will start to actually "believe" that it is the "truth"......

WATCH Trump use his latest rallies...he is speaking to his base...NOT the entire US for which he is the President of in theory.....

It is that base he so urgently needs to hold together as the results of the coming Russian investigation and or collusion, obstruction, money laundering and cover up might in fact be actually all confirmed and for him to then fight those charges he needs his base voters to believe "his truth"....

WATCH the Trump use of the key words...FRAUD...FAKE....FAKE and FRAUDULENT...not Presidential.....ALL designed to condition his voters to merge their beliefs to those that he Trump is pushing....Trump is basically creating in his voters minds that ALL MSM lies and is FAKE news...

Russian Propaganda 6Ds Principle

Distract....Distort.....Deflect....Dismiss...ALL designed to create Doubt and Distrust.....

WHAT is Trump using from these Russian 6Ds...???

ALL of them....

Donald J. Trump‏
    #@realDonaldTrump

My use of social media is not Presidential - it’s MODERN DAY PRESIDENTIAL. Make America Great Again!

Donald J. Trump‏
    #@realDonaldTrump

I am thinking about changing the name #FakeNews CNN to #FraudNewsCNN!

Donald J. Trump‏
    @realDonaldTrump

The FAKE & FRAUDULENT NEWS MEDIA is working hard to convince Republicans and others I should not use social media - but remember, I won....

....the 2016 election with interviews, speeches and social media. I had to beat #FakeNews, and did. We will continue to WIN!
    Last edited by OUTLAW 09; 07-02-2017 at 09:17 AM.

Council Member

In understanding Trump's addiction to social media especially Twitter and the need to hold his base of 30% supporters together....they basically really are a unified group of "junkies" if you read slowly this article by National Review a right wing media outlet which I rarely pay much attention to....

BUT with this article which surprises me greatly I totally support the NR on..

ACTUALLY I am rather amazed with the bluntness of the article and for calling a "spade a spade".....

http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...zezinski-tweet

Junkie Running Dry

Of course Trump needs the media. Some people simply cannot handle the fact that Donald Trump was elected president.

One of those people is Donald Trump. Trump has shown himself intellectually and emotionally incapable of making the transition from minor entertainment figure to major political figure. He is in the strange position of being a B-list celebrity who is also the most famous man in the world.

His recent Twitter attack on Mika Brzezinski of MSNBC’s Morning Joe exemplifies that as much as it does the president’s other by-now-familiar pathologies, notably his strange psychological need to verbally abuse women in physical terms.

Trump may have his problems with women, but it is his unrequited love of the media that is undoing him. “I always tell the president, ‘You don’t need them,’” says Sean Hannity, the self-abasing monkey-butler of the Trump regime. The president, Hannity says, can reach more Americans via Twitter than he could through the conventional media. That isn’t true, of course: Only about one in five Americans uses Twitter. Hannity might be forgiven for not knowing this, a consequence of his much more general habit of not knowing things. But he actually does know the president.

How could he possibly believe that this man — this man — does not need them?

He needs them the way a junkie needs his junk.
    NOTE......just a side comment...actually NR was sounding the alarm over the possible election of Trump OVER a year ago and warned what might happen if he was in fact elected for the GOP and the right wing in general as they felt that if Trump was elected and did poorly the GOP and right would take the hit for decades after Trump...
    Last edited by davidbfpo; 07-02-2017 at 10:51 AM.

Council Member

Former House intel staffer: The Trump-Russia probe is the 'successor to Watergate'

http://read.bi/2t40ATc

Actually a number of Trump associates under investigation were members of the Nixon "dirty tricks group" when they were far younger...strange they all of a sudden landed with Trump...

Council Member

Trumpoganda watch: Marginalization of professional journalism and politics is how Putin began the overhaul of Russian political system.
    Last edited by davidbfpo; 07-02-2017 at 10:52 AM. Reason: brevity

Council Member

@realDonaldTrump It's really scary that someone with nuclear weapons is not adult enough to cope with being criticized on a time-wasting TV show.
    Attached Images Attached Images