Thread: 3 Generals Spurn the Position of War "Czar"

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by jcustis View Post
    I'm slogging through Imperial Life in the Emerald City, and now I remember her name, and the Garner/Cheney issue. I haven't gotten beyond the point where the stock exchange is being addressed, so I hope to learn more about her involvement.

Great book, especially if you were at the Palace during that time period. I still remember when the stabbing took place in the CPA trailer park! Thought there was a crazed insurgent in our midst for days.

How about this crazy suggestion for "War Czar". I recommend the Commander in Chief, ie The President. Seems like he's in the right spot for the job.

Honestly though, isn't that his role/responsibility? Not that Jimbo wouldn't be a good candidate, but I think the Constitution already picked someone for the job back in 1787 and ratified in 1789!
    "But the bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet withstanding, go out to meet it."

-Thucydides

Sully, you are exactly right!! This War Czar stuff is nothing but a nationwide search to provide a scapegoat for the 08 elections. Don't blame me blame the War Czar. Lets try the constitutional path for while, what a concept!!

Heck I need something to do this summer on my Holiday I'll take the Job as War Czar...

I have a very short list of people I'll be hiring to help me out. Tom, Marct, you know the crew... Anybody working for me will have poll dancers as their secretary.

I figure in three months I'll get as much done as anybody else.
    Sam Liles
    Selil Blog
    Don't forget to duck Secret Squirrel
    The scholarship of teaching and learning results in equal hatred from latte leftists and cappuccino conservatives.
    All opinions are mine and may or may not reflect those of my employer depending on the chance it might affect funding, politics, or the setting of the sun. As such these are my opinions you can get your own.

Quote Originally Posted by selil View Post
    Heck I need something to do this summer on my Holiday I'll take the Job as War Czar...

I have a very short list of people I'll be hiring to help me out. Tom, Marct, you know the crew... Anybody working for me will have poll dancers as their secretary.

I figure in three months I'll get as much done as anybody else.
    Damn! Count me in - after June 9th, Ive got a European concert tour - but after that, I'm on Selil!

Marc
    Sic Bisquitus Disintegrat...
    Marc W.D. Tyrrell, Ph.D.
    Institute of Interdisciplinary Studies,
    Senior Research Fellow,
    The Canadian Centre for Intelligence and Security Studies, NPSIA
    Carleton University
    http://marctyrrell.com/

Selil, are they offering pole dancers now?

Damn. I turned down the offer before dinner and they only offered me two secretaries. I asked if I could pick from this thread and they told me no. Damned Wolfowitz scandal.

Default "American Czar" or "Czar Search"

I want to see Marc with the "Sinjia" doo (maybe I should break out the Adobe photo shop for his "Google Talk" photo - Marc, you guys get American Idol up there? Its probably one of the top two most important things going on in the States right now - your avreage citizen may not know who GEN Petreus is, but by God they know Sinjia .

Hi Rob,

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Thornton View Post
    I want to see Marc with the "Sinjia" doo (maybe I should break out the Adobe photo shop for his "Google Talk" photo - Marc, you guys get American Idol up there? Its probably one of the top two most important things going on in the States right now - your avreage citizen may not know who GEN Petreus is, but by God they know Sinjia.
    Long time no chat . Yeah, we get American Idol up here along with its bastard child - Canadian Idol . On the "doo" - I don't do Mohawks! Puhleses! Something with a touch more class! Even a Gepid double braid greased with butter has more style than that! Besides that, I'm a 2nd Bass.

On the popular culture point, how about a "Sanjaya Goes To War" option? Given his obvious talents, wouldn't it be so much better to get him out in the field? Oh, wait, sorry... I forgot, torture's not allowed by the Geneva Convention .

Marc
    Sic Bisquitus Disintegrat...
    Marc W.D. Tyrrell, Ph.D.
    Institute of Interdisciplinary Studies,
    Senior Research Fellow,
    The Canadian Centre for Intelligence and Security Studies, NPSIA
    Carleton University
    http://marctyrrell.com/